Value of: Top 6 forward to chicago

pth2

Jan 7, 2018
Would have said about a 5th or 6th. Thats prob done now.
To my mind, the lowest reasonable offer is an early 3d since he'll be worth that (and likely more) come deadline time next year.

CornKicker

Holland is wrong..except all of the good things
Feb 18, 2005
let me tell you about adam erne....... i know it sounds like a 4th line guy, but hes for sure a top 6 on the right team

BHawk21

Mar 21, 2022
To my mind, the lowest reasonable offer is an early 3d since he'll be worth that (and likely more) come deadline time next year.
Ehh hes got a partial no movement and makes 4.45 while being fairly ineffective

pth2

Jan 7, 2018
Ehh hes got a partial no movement and makes 4.45 while being fairly ineffective
At the 2025 deadline, he can get 3d party retention for a 5th rounder, making his salary not much of an issue, and while he doesn't put up numbers, middle six centers tend to have value.

Again, setting a reserve value of an early 3d isn't exactly a sky high valuation.

BHawk21

Mar 21, 2022
At the 2025 deadline, he can get 3d party retention for a 5th rounder, making his salary not much of an issue, and while he doesn't put up numbers, middle six centers tend to have value.

Again, setting a reserve value of an early 3d isn't exactly a sky high valuation.
I agree its not much but hes not very good and your paying a 5th to get him to 2.2.

Last year at the deadline

Nyquist at 2.75 for a 5th
Lazar at 1 mllion for a 4th
Namestinkov at 1.25 went for a 4th
Sundqvist at 775k went for a 4th

I do fully admit I have not seen much of him so I could be off but they way hes talked about doesnt seem like he has any value. *Besides from you*

pth2

Jan 7, 2018
I agree its not much but hes not very good and your paying a 5th to get him to 2.2.

Last year at the deadline

Nyquist at 2.75 for a 5th
Lazar at 1 mllion for a 4th
Namestinkov at 1.25 went for a 4th
Sundqvist at 775k went for a 4th

I do fully admit I have not seen much of him so I could be off but they way hes talked about doesnt seem like he has any value. *Besides from you*
Keep in mind, Montreal paid a 1st and a 2nd to get him, so that impacts the valuation, people expected more from him, so are generally disappointed. That doesn't make him worthless....

He's also kind of slow and not a dynamic play-generating player, so fans don't get excited. He's still fairly effective. And I don't think saying he won't be moved for less than a 3d is assigning him all that much value, frankly, given that even rebuilding teams have to ice actual NHL lineups.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad