Value of: Top 6 forward to boston

Montecristo

Jul 29, 2012
A first AND DeBrusk.......For Palmieri. Hey...Wake up. The dream is over. Reality is here. Not getting either seperately for Palmieri if i am the GM. Why would the Bruins give you deBrusk....?....Thats ridiculous.

well id say the argument against yours is that debrusk stinks

Reactions: AhosDatsyukian

Jerkbait

Dec 12, 2019
I think Palmieri would fit nicely in BOS, at 50 per cent he could fit below cap depensing on IR management. Else maybe CHI could be a third party taking some cap in the deal for a 5th or a 4th.
1st + Debrusk may do the deal depending on how NJD considers Debrusk, right ?
He is going to Boston or NYI...

SML2

Jan 1, 2018
But we have cheaper options so he has to go.
The ? is who pays the most, and what is that most?
Are we still concerned about on ice performance, or just cap numbers? Fact is, getting Strome was like finding a Van Gogh at a yard sale. He was less than free. We got rid of Spoony too. Now he's practically a ppg center and his chemistry with Panarin is not the only reason.

SML2

Jan 1, 2018
Are we still concerned about on ice performance, or just cap numbers? Fact is, getting Strome was like finding a Van Gogh at a yard sale. He was less than free. We got rid of Spoony too. Now he's practically a ppg center and his chemistry with Panarin is not the only reason.
I apologize. This isn't a Rangers thread and I fell into my normal battle station when Bern came in. I am sorry.

2020 Cup Champions

Formerly Sila v Kucherove
Nov 26, 2013
Someone asked me what I thought a "haul" is for David Perron and I thought Boston ought to be one of the teams in on him. His AAV is only 4M for this year and next. I just don't know what you have that isn't on the roster that would make it worth it for St. Louis. I figured if St. Louis was interested in trading him to Colorado that they'd want one of Newhook/Timmins/Bowers++ (some hybrid between the Coleman&Goodrow deals mixed with the McDonagh deal, so a really good prospect and this year's first plus a conditional pick based on how far in the playoffs the Bruins go). Does Boston have a prospect like those not on the roster? Can they stomach moving him for a PPG (or nearly so) top-6 winger with over .5 PPG in the postseason?

smack66

Mar 5, 2008
ontario
Coleman returned a first and a solid prospect. it's not unreasonable. Buch is a top six guy with some cream control left. Also, DeBrusk is a reclamation project at this point. There are teams with cap that wouldn't take him for free because he's paid to much to play in a bottom six.
saying debrusk is a reclamation project because hes having a bad year is as silly as saying lafrenniere is a bust because hes having a rough rookie season. bruins are not giving DeBrusk away

Reactions: wintersej

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
La needs a higher end lefthand defense prospect or a elite goalie prospect.

Carter a 3 and 4 th and a goalie prospect
Iafallo 2 2nds or a 1st or prospect and a 2nd
Athanasiou 2nd 3rd and a prospect

Don't think anyone would be interested in Carter.
Iafallo would not return that IMO. Maybe a 2nd and another conditional draft pick lower than a 2nd
Athanasiou should be moved for whatever LA could get. be lucky to get a 3rd IMO.

SpeakingOfTheDevils

Devils Advocate
Jan 22, 2010
Philadelphia, PA

Iafallo intrigues me (not at the deadline, but in free agency). What are the odds he extends with the Kings? And how has he been this year and last?

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
saying debrusk is a reclamation project because hes having a bad year is as silly as saying lafrenniere is a bust because hes having a rough rookie season. bruins are not giving DeBrusk away

Who said they are giving him away? If he returned Palmieri and Kulikov in a trade or Taylor Hall that's a good return for an older team that is looking to actually try to win in the playoffs this season. I know on HFBoards plenty of fans don't care about trying to win in the short term but in the real world that tends to matter. If Boston declines over the next three seasons and don't do much in the playoffs do you think the GM and coach are still employed there? Fans of the team are emotionally invested in it long term and have a much longer horizon than coaches and executives who maybe look forward for three years as far as job security. If the team doesn't see DeBrusk bouncing back do they just clutch their pearls and hope for the best? The window is closing and the time to try and win is now. If trading DeBrusk is what it takes to go an extra two rounds in the playoffs the team might think it's worth it.

I'd also offer that it looks like DeBrusk's declining play started in the playoffs last season so his problems extend more than just this season. I'm sure there are mixed opinions on him and I don't doubt some teams see him as a very good player who is just struggling. That said, he's going to make about $5 mil next season and a team will have to believe he can play in their top six to warrant that. I think it's fair to say that if he was a top six player Boston wouldn't be linked to potential trades for a top six winger. Don't mistake a reclamation project to a washed-up player. It's just that a team would be taking a chance on him. Right now he isn't the 20+ goal scorer and better than .5 ppg guy he looked to be previously. It's probably in Boston's best interests to just keep him, but when his current deal is up, if he doesn't bounce back next season, where does he go from there?

EDIT - the one wildcard this season is the small number of butts in the seats. Maybe teams don't care about short term winning as much as normally. That said, the window isn't going to stay open for older teams that have to compete now so we will see.

Last edited:
Reactions: Groo

Kurrilino

Go Stoll Go
Aug 6, 2005
Calgary
Iafallo intrigues me (not at the deadline, but in free agency). What are the odds he extends with the Kings? And how has he been this year and last?

The word on the street is that the Kings try to resign him.
But there is no official statement.

I assure you that many people will be "intriqued" in free agency

KingTech

Sep 20, 2020
Don't think anyone would be interested in Carter.
Iafallo would not return that IMO. Maybe a 2nd and another conditional draft pick lower than a 2nd
Athanasiou should be moved for whatever LA could get. be lucky to get a 3rd IMO.
If Eric Staal can get a 3 and 5 I think Carter can get better. I asked if Boston had interest and was told yes.
Like Iafallo or not he is producing top line numbers and is pretty cheap contract to add. This all has value. Not outrageous for a top line lw imo
Next A A got 2 seconds last year and i honest think hes playing better this year. He is also rfa so ur not really only getting him for the playoff run You can resign him.

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
If Eric Staal can get a 3 and 5 I think Carter can get better. I asked if Boston had interest and was told yes.
Like Iafallo or not he is producing top line numbers and is pretty cheap contract to add. This all has value. Not outrageous for a top line lw imo
Next A A got 2 seconds last year and i honest think hes playing better this year. He is also rfa so ur not really only getting him for the playoff run You can resign him.

Thanks for providing the insight.
1) Staal has been much more productive in past 2-3 years than Carter, Staal has less of a contract commitment, and still has the winning pedigree. I very much do not see Carter getting more than him. Boston fans may have interest but does not sound like teams do given what has been reporting
2) Fair reasoning. I just think first round picks will be very hard to come by this year.
3) Kind of same as point 2. I will admit I forgot AA was an RFA, do you know what the qualifying offer cap hit owuld be?

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA
I think Palmieri would fit nicely in BOS, at 50 per cent he could fit below cap depensing on IR management. Else maybe CHI could be a third party taking some cap in the deal for a 5th or a 4th.
1st + Debrusk may do the deal depending on how NJD considers Debrusk, right ?

Palmieri may be the answer but that is not the return. Sweeney would need to be fired before the trade is processed. Debrusk or the 1st alone is too much.

KingTech

Sep 20, 2020
Thanks for providing the insight.
1) Staal has been much more productive in past 2-3 years than Carter, Staal has less of a contract commitment, and still has the winning pedigree. I very much do not see Carter getting more than him. Boston fans may have interest but does not sound like teams do given what has been reporting
2) Fair reasoning. I just think first round picks will be very hard to come by this year.
3) Kind of same as point 2. I will admit I forgot AA was an RFA, do you know what the qualifying offer cap hit owuld be?

1) Yes he has been more productive but he has also had better health I also think team look more recent play and this year hes been better then Staal imo
As far as the extra year there are teams that might need his type of contract His cap hit and actually money is a huge difference. He really not costing a team alot of real money

2) I think a top line (and number back me saying it) player has value. the first we would be talking at best in the early 20s and to me thats what a 1st line winger should get. I also think that late firsts will not be as hard as u think to get. This draft is going to be a crap shoot with the lack of actual games being played and scouted.

3 i am not sure what the offer would be but i can't imgine its alot I think i read somewhere its 1.6 million but i am not sure. He only makes 1.2 this year so the raise isn't going to break the bank. ALso u can move on if he doesn't fit.

UConn126

Bass Player.
Sponsor
Jun 12, 2010
Somerville, MA

Isn't Carter on record saying if he's traded from LA he's retiring?

KingTech

Sep 20, 2020
Isn't Carter on record saying if he's traded from LA he's retiring?
oh this crap again For the 50 th time (sorry not to pick on u for bringing it up ) no This bs was invented to cause click on a website. with the author trying to say because he loves california and because he doesnt have much money left on his contract he would rather retired then move. This was 2 maybe even 3 years ago. It was dealt with a a season ending press conference where Jeff said something like I would love to play my 1000 game as a king if i do get moved i will still play the 1000th game in another uniform. I have no plans to retire. I wish this would stop coming up its frustrating as a king fan to have to deny any time a Carter thread shows up

Reactions: UConn126

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
1) Yes he has been more productive but he has also had better health I also think team look more recent play and this year hes been better then Staal imo
As far as the extra year there are teams that might need his type of contract His cap hit and actually money is a huge difference. He really not costing a team alot of real money

2) I think a top line (and number back me saying it) player has value. the first we would be talking at best in the early 20s and to me thats what a 1st line winger should get. I also think that late firsts will not be as hard as u think to get. This draft is going to be a crap shoot with the lack of actual games being played and scouted.

3 i am not sure what the offer would be but i can't imgine its alot I think i read somewhere its 1.6 million but i am not sure. He only makes 1.2 this year so the raise isn't going to break the bank. ALso u can move on if he doesn't fit.

one of those teams would not be the Bruins

jay from jersey

Jan 30, 2008
well id say the argument against yours is that debrusk stinks
There’s no reasoning with a guy that thinks fox is just a ranger version of grzelyck. DeBrusk is having a terrible year. And his 2nd half of last year wasnt great either. Bruins first is gonna be late in a shitty draft. Palms being a UFA hurts his value in this instance but it’s not too terrible

KingTech

Sep 20, 2020
one of those teams would not be the Bruins
never said they would I was making the comment for in general as a response to your saying there is no interest in him period We don't know that as a fact imo there are situation where teams could be interested.

simon IC

Sponsor
Sep 8, 2007
Canada
Preferably with some experience playoff or otherwise. Not interested in players having bad years or players who might one day be top 6 forwards. Available is the entire draft board for every year and the entire prospect pool. That includes 2 good goaltenders and a bunch of pretty solid middle of the roster type prospects. Not really interested in subtracting from the current roster unless its debrusk, bjork or a young dman not named mcavoy.

Whats out there? Lets make a deal!
Mike Hoffman is available. I am hoping for a 2nd. Will listen to offers!

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
There’s no reasoning with a guy that thinks fox is just a ranger version of grzelyck. DeBrusk is having a terrible year. And his 2nd half of last year wasnt great either. Bruins first is gonna be late in a shitty draft. Palms being a UFA hurts his value in this instance but it’s not too terrible

The idea that a guy that scored at 25 per 82 game pace over his first three seasons is now garbage at 24 years old is insane. Especially given his statements on how much he has struggled with the isolation caused by COVID. I know we all know people in our own lives that have taken the last year harder than others.

BruinsBtn

Dec 24, 2006
What would be the cost for Dustin Brown? He might be a good fit with Krejci for the right price.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad