Top 50 Flames of the Last 25 Years - #3

Wayne Primeau

Stay Gold
Apr 22, 2014
Ottawa
Alrighty then, that one was to be expected.

With all seriousness, please stop joke-voting for Backlund - it messes with the tallies. I’m writing about these results on my website as soon as the Top 10 is up - I’d like the results to matter. Thanks

013010_Iginla_200.jpg

(1) JAROME IGINLA - 78.05%
http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showthread.php?t=1931865

040609_Kiprusoff_200.jpg

(2) MIIKKA KIPRUSOFF - 55.10%
http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showthread.php?t=1932145

Here are the 35 candidates for the 3rd-best Flame since 89-90 (new addition in red):

WHAT COUNTS IS THE PLAYERS’ PRODUCTION SINCE 1989-90. IN THE CASE OF DOUG GILMOUR, FOR EXAMPLE, HIS CUP AND ALL THE STATS PRIOR TO 89-90 DON’T COUNT. THANKS

MIIKKA KIPRUSOFF
THEOREN FLEURY
GARY ROBERTS
MIKE CAMMALLERI
VALERI BURE
MARK GIORDANO
ROBYN REGEHR
ALEX TANGUAY
MIKE VERNON
CRAIG CONROY
PHIL HOUSLEY
DION PHANEUF
AL MacINNIS
GARY SUTER
DAYMOND LANGKOW
CORY STILLMAN
JOE NIEUWENDYK
SEAN MONAHAN
JOHNNY GAUDREAU
DEREK MORRIS
FRED BRATHWAITE
SERGEI MAKAROV
PAUL RANHEIM
ROBERT REICHEL
CURTIS GLENCROSS
RENE BOURQUE
DOUG GILMOUR
MARC SAVARD
OLLI JOKINEN
DEAN McAMMOND
MARTIN GELINAS
JAY BOUWMEESTER
RHETT WARRENER
T.J. BRODIE
MIKAEL BACKLUND
JOE MULLEN

And here are the remaining players, of whom you can vote into consideration for the next round by posting their names.

KRISTIAN HUSELIUS
JIRI HUDLER
ADRIAN AUCOIN
DAVE GAGNER
MARTY McINNIS
JOE MULLEN
JAMIE MACOUN
ANDREW CASSELS
STEPHANE YELLE
MICHAEL NYLANDER
TODD BERTUZZI
TONI LYDMAN
GERMAN TITOV
JORDAN LEOPOLD
MATT LOMBARDI
SHEAN DONOVAN
STEVEN REINPRECHT
ANDREW FERENCE
MATT STAJAN
KRIS RUSSELL
DENNIS WIDEMAN
ROMAN HAMRLIK
TONY AMONTE
RENE CORBET
TODD SIMPSON
DAVID MOSS
NIGEL DAWES
ROMAN TUREK
JOEL OTTO
JONAS HOGLUND
CALE HULSE
ANTON BABCHUK

Last edited:

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
I can't believe the lack of respect Fleury got in poll #2.

He was dominant for almost a decade for us, compared to 4 great years for Kipper.

FLAMESFAN

Feb 27, 2002
[mod]

Like Iginla and Kipper before him in the poll, MacInnis was considered one of the best at his position during the time period.

Something Fleury never was......

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria

He was dominant for almost a decade for us, compared to 4 great years for Kipper.

For me, personally, I have no winning memories of Fleury. It's not necessarily the best excuse, but it's my excuse. Can't deny what he did for this organization through he 90s, though.

DCDM

Da Rink Cats
Mar 24, 2008
Calgary

In fairness, the Flames have had a number of great forwards play for them, but only one (or two) great goaltenders.

Anyways, Theo for #3.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Not really bandwagon. More just the fact that most of the members of the board are under 30. Myself included. My earliest Flames memories are the likes of Fleury and Bure and Vernon, but they aren't really good memories.
Fleury is about my only good Flames memories from the 90s. :laugh:

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
In fairness, the Flames have had a number of great forwards play for them, but only one (or two) great goaltenders.

Anyways, Theo for #3.
Yeah but being the best of a bunch of misfits is no prize :laugh:

Wayne Primeau

Stay Gold
Apr 22, 2014
Ottawa
My earliest Flames memories are of Savard and McAmmond and Iginla and Gelinas, but I've seen enough old Flames games to vote Theo.

Ace Rimmer

Stoke me a clipper.
[mod]

Like Iginla and Kipper before him in the poll, MacInnis was considered one of the best at his position during the time period.

Something Fleury never was......

From the original thread...

WHAT COUNTS IS THE PLAYERS’ PRODUCTION SINCE 1989-90. IN THE CASE OF DOUG GILMOUR, FOR EXAMPLE, HIS CUP AND ALL THE STATS PRIOR TO 89-90 DON’T COUNT. THANKS

Not my rule, mind you.

Skobel24

#Ignited
May 23, 2008
Winnipeg
Not really bandwagon. More just the fact that most of the members of the board are under 30. Myself included. My earliest Flames memories are the likes of Fleury and Bure, but they aren't really good memories.

I started following the Flames basically right when Fleury was dealt to Colorado. I have really no memories of him.

FLAMESFAN

Feb 27, 2002
From the original thread...

Not my rule, mind you.

Odd cut-off date - I was actually going from the Cup win, which was 88-89, but in any case MacInnis put up 103 points in 90-91, Norris nomination. He had another 3 years of PPG+ after that. My point still stands.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad