Top 5 running backs

irunthepeg

Board man gets paid
May 20, 2010
The Peg, Canada
Le'Veon Bell is at 1 for me and then a bunch of guys for consideration like Charles, AP, Forte, Gurley. Le'Veon is like the new age Forte it seems with ability to catch passes and run.

darko

Feb 16, 2009
I think Le'Veon Bell is head and shoulders above anyone in terms of being a complete back. He's legitimately elite in the 3 main phases of the game (running, receiving, blocking), has an awesome mix of patience, power and finesse in his running game, and has absolutely fantastic ball security. I think he's quite easily the #1 RB in the league right now.

Peterson is still probably the most talented and well-rounded runner though.

I agree with this. Bell should be a unanimous #1.

Bad News Bears

All goalies be trash
May 22, 2009
Australia
The NFL is the most "what have you done for me lately" league, and it should be that way - especially at the RB position.

I'd say Bell and Gurley are 1 and 2 right now. I've watched 3 for Gurley's games on the all-22 and he's just tremendous. Bell is a freak, and is so important the offense in Pittsburgh due to his pass catching.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
So a few weeks go by and Peterson is leading the league in rushing again. He has struggled at times and doesn't look as explosive. He's also getting taken off the field on some passing downs, dancing behind the line a bit too much, and getting stopped for no gain or losses more than ever but still on pace for over 1700 rushing yards. I don't get it but I do like it.

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
So a few weeks go by and Peterson is leading the league in rushing again. He has struggled at times and doesn't look as explosive. He's also getting taken off the field on some passing downs, dancing behind the line a bit too much, and getting stopped for no gain or losses more than ever but still on pace for over 1700 rushing yards. I don't get it but I do like it.

He's way out in front for the rushing lead as well. This season has kind of a 2007 Tomlinson/Peterson feel to it with Peterson and Gurley. Gurley just explodes onto the scene and everyone wants to anoint him the best, but Peterson is just like, "Not yet."

Bruins4Lifer

Jun 28, 2006
Regina, SK
He's been running a lot smarter and less selfishly the last few games than he was earlier in the year. Not saying he will, but 2000 yards could happen again...

UFBvQUj.png

Roboturner913

Jul 3, 2012
I don't know if he's quite top 5 right now, but Mark Ingram is has become a truly complete 3-down back, rushing, receiving and blitz pickup. He's the #3 back in yards from scrimmage. I've complained about him a lot in the past but he's really turned the corner.

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
I'd say a healthy Hyde is a top 10 rb, and that speaks more to the lack of premier rb's than Hyde's current production. While Hyde is good, he is nowhere near elite currently.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad