Top 5 (22 and under): NJD vs MTL vs DET vs OTT vs BUF vs ANA

Best

• NJD: J.Hughes-Holtz-Mercer-L.Hughes-Nemec

• MTL: Suzuki-Caufield-Slafkovsky-Dach-Guhle

• DET: Raymond-Berggren-Seider-Edvinsson-Cossa(G)

• OTT: Stutzle-Tkachuk-Greig-Pinto-Sanderson

• BUF: Cozens-Quinn-Krebs-Power-Dahlin

• ANA: Zegras-McTavish-Drysdale-Mintyukov-Zellweger

Results are only viewable after voting.

JimmyApples

Sep 24, 2021
Ottawa for sure. And scary to think about the group they have slightly above 22.

RedHawkDown

still trying to trust the yzerplan
Aug 26, 2011
Canada
I don’t know why you picked berggren for Detroit. Kasper makes more sense to be there

That being said I picked NJ cause of Jack Hughes

It could be the Detroit group in a few years or the Buffalo group but it’s more pure potential with these two teams

Reactions: Christien

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Makes it closer:D

Debrincat>Hischier/bratt>Batherson

Though.

Also Norris is 23.

I think Batherson will surprise - he’s the most offensively creative player on the team aside from Stutzle.

And he’s big.

Just led Canada’s World Championship team in scoring.

He didn’t play enough games because of Aaron Dell’s predatory hit so he’s flying under the radar.

Reactions: Adele Dazeem

amnesiac

Space Oddity
Jul 10, 2010
Montreal
Great argument, I agree. By this same logic, Lucas Raymond is on a better trajectory than Steven Stamkos since he had more points in his first season
Its showing there theyre on a similar path after their first 2 seasons (not just ONE season as per your cherry picked example with Stamkos).

I guess you cant really put 2 and 2 together. Ill draw a picture next time.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Great argument, I agree. By this same logic, Lucas Raymond is on a better trajectory than Steven Stamkos since he had more points in his first season

Hyperbole aside, what you’re saying that Tim Stutzle is not looking to be a superstar but Jack Hughes is?

Smartguy

May 3, 2010
Edmonton
Buffalo as an outside fan. Power and Dahlin both have elite defenseman ceilings. I’m very high on Quinn, he’s my pick for the Calder next year, Cozens and Krebs are both alright prospects to me, I don’t think either turns elite. But 50-60 point players are going to be very good compliments to the first 3 I listed.

I get why NJ is winning this in a landslide because of Hughes. But I think the 2 D listed aren’t going to finish on the level of the 2 D listed for Buffalo

RedHawkDown

Aug 26, 2011
Canada
Hyperbole aside, what you’re saying that Tim Stutzle is not looking to be a superstar but Jack Hughes is?
Yes. What I’m saying is that based off what they’ve shown so far they are in two completely different leagues. And the other neutral fans here apart from you Sens guys see that, as evidenced by the poll results. Lol

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Yes. What I’m saying is that based off what they’ve shown so far they are in two completely different leagues. And the other neutral fans here apart from you Sens guys see that, as evidenced by the poll results. Lol

Fair enough, we shall see.

I’m excited to see what he can do with someone like Alex DeBrincat instead of Connor Brown.

RedHawkDown

Aug 26, 2011
Canada
Its showing there theyre on a similar path after their first 2 seasons (not just ONE season as per your cherry picked example with Stamkos).

I guess you cant really put 2 and 2 together. Ill draw a picture next time.
Is this a joke? So it’s not cherry picking to conveniently exclude this most recent season when Hughes wiped the floor with Stutzle? Lol

HABitual Fan

May 22, 2007
Too early to predict how these pools will actually develop, but I will say that Florida, Tampa, Boston and Toronto are going to be looking over their shoulders very soon as the other 4 teams in the division seem to be looking promising for the near future and not even all the top prospects appear in the original post..

AfroThunder396

[citation needed]
Jan 8, 2006
Miami, FL
Jack Hughes *is* a superstar, right now, today. He was pretty easily over a point per game on a NJ team that didn't have a functional power play.

Stutzle is already very good and will likely be a star, but c'mon, Hughes had only 2 fewer points (and more goals!) in 30 fewer games. Hughes is objectively the superior player by a country mile, and he's only 8 months older than Stutzle is.

It's really not close, like at all. Again, no disrespect to Stutzle, but Jack Hughes is special and will be entering top-10 NHL forward territory as soon as next season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad