Top 3 players in the last 10 year

LDN

Sep 29, 2017
I was just wondering for each franchise who the top 3 players of the past 10 year would be in your opinion as fans. You can base it off their OHL career or what they have done so far in the NHL.

Snippit

Dec 5, 2012
McDavid
Tavares
Hall/Marner

First 2 were easy

Marner's production was superior to Hall's but Hall had 2 Memorial Cups to Marner's 1...it's close.

Reactions: ottersguy and LDN

soo hound girl

Oct 20, 2017
McDavid
Tavares
Hall/Marner

First 2 were easy

Marner's production was superior to Hall's but Hall had 2 Memorial Cups to Marner's 1...it's close.
For the hounds I think Muzzin in LA Murry in Pittsburg and Nurse in Edmonton?

Reactions: LDN

EvenSteven

Sep 3, 2009
Snippet, I believe he was meaning the top three players over the last 10 years from one team.

With that in mind, as far as I'm concerned, in Kitchener it would be in no particular order:

- Justin Azevedo (CHL player of the year. OHL scoring champion)

- Jeff Skinner (Scored 70 goals in his NHL draft year regular season and playoffs. NHL ROTY)

- John Gibson (best goalie to play in Kitchener since Mike Torchia in the late 80's early 90's)

Honourable mention:

Gabe Landeskog (NHL ROTY)
Steve Mason (NHL ROTY but barely played here)
Ryan Murphy (I suppose)

Snippit

Dec 5, 2012
Snippet, I believe he was meaning the top three players over the last 10 years from one team.

With that in mind, as far as I'm concerned, in Kitchener it would be in no particular order:

- Justin Azevedo (CHL player of the year. OHL scoring champion)

- Jeff Skinner (Scored 70 goals in his NHL draft year regular season and playoffs. NHL ROTY)

- John Gibson (best goalie to play in Kitchener since Mike Torchia in the late 80's early 90's)

Honourable mention:

Gabe Landeskog (NHL ROTY)
Steve Mason (NHL ROTY but barely played here)
Ryan Murphy (I suppose)

Yeah, I missed the "franchise" part.

For London, it's between Marner, Houser, Dvorak, Horvat, Parsons and Domi.

Think I'd go with Marner, Parsons and Dvorak (strictly at the OHL level)

NOA

Apr 17, 2015
I was just wondering for each franchise who the top 3 players of the past 10 year would be in your opinion as fans. You can base it off their OHL career or what they have done so far in the NHL.

Overall I am right there with Snippit!

For Erie,

McDavid
Debrincat
O' Reilly

easy list.

In terms of talent think I would consider Burakovsky. If he played another year Erie or if he just played with Mcdavid in 97s last year, he would have put up 60g and 100+ points. One of the more deadly wrist shots I have ever seen at OHL level. Connor Brown probably #4 for me. If I just consider OHL and longevity, then Strome and Darren Raddysh are there.

All drafted or only played in Erie. Brown truly developed here. Guys like Hall and McDavid would have had success anywhere..

LDN

Sep 29, 2017
Yeah, I missed the "franchise" part.

For London, it's between Marner, Houser, Dvorak, Horvat, Parsons and Domi.

Think I'd go with Marner, Parsons and Dvorak (strictly at the OHL level)
Nice! all great players for sure, but you think Dvo over Domi? I mean I can't disagree as right now Dvo is out producing Domi at the NHL level. His work ethic is for sure on another level

Generalsupdates

@GeneralsUpdates on Twitter
Sep 4, 2017
Oshawa:

1) John Tavares (443 points in 247 games, 1.79 points per game). One of the best OHL players of all-time.
2) Brett MacLean (257 points in 164 games, 1.57 points per game). Was on track for a very special career before it was cut short.
3) Michael Dal Colle (261 points in 216 games, 1.21 points per game). Led the Gens in scoring in the regular season, playoffs and at the Mem Cup in 2015 on their way to the championship.

HM:
Christian Thomas (246 points in 212 games, 1.16 points per game)
Boone Jenner (246 points in 227 games, 1.08 points per game)

sirius67fan

Jul 20, 2013
For Ottawa a bit weird, the last 10 years were 4 good years and 6 years in the wildeness from which we are now emerging. My top 3 Toffoli, Monaghan and TK. HM to Ceci and Prince.

Ferda11

Feb 16, 2016
Sarnia Sting: (going off having played at least 1 full season with the sting and OHL success only)

Steven Stamkos
Alex Galchenyuk
Nail Yakupov

HM: Charlie Sarault, Reid Boucher, Justin DiBenedetto, Tony DeAngelo and Mark Katic

Reactions: HF92 and LDN

LDN

Sep 29, 2017
Anybody wanna take a stab at Kingston, North Bay, Barrie, Kitchener?

JetsColts13

Oct 24, 2011
Barrie
For the colts...

1. Mark Scheifele
2. Kevin Labanc
3. Aaron Ekblad

Long list of HM’s including Mangiapane, Athanasiou, Blackwood, Niederberger, Blandisi, Clifford, Pearson.

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
For Ottawa a bit weird, the last 10 years were 4 good years and 6 years in the wildeness from which we are now emerging. My top 3 Toffoli, Monaghan and TK. HM to Ceci and Prince.

I’d have to inject Petr Mrazek, Logan Couture and Jamie McGinn into that mix.

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
Sarnia Sting: (going off having played at least 1 full season with the sting and OHL success only)

Steven Stamkos
Alex Galchenyuk
Nail Yakupov

HM: Charlie Sarault, Reid Boucher, Justin DiBenedetto, Tony DeAngelo and Mark Katic

Chychrun as a 16 yr old D was amazingly good too. Early graduations were tough on you guys

Reactions: Ferda11

SeniorJuniorFan

Dec 13, 2013
Battalion, based on 4+ years in North Bay, and some overlap with Brampton:

Barclay Goodrow – 127 career goals, season 5 in NB led team to league final. Scored 33 in reg. season which included: 10PPG, 7 SHG, 8 GWG, then 14 more in playoffs.

Mike Amadio – is on the list for his 5 goal game, 50 goal season 2015-16. Mike doubled his goals in each season: 6, 12, 24, 50. In ’16 playoffs, he scored 12 times in 11 games.

Cam Dineen – excellent skating and puck handling D-man, 0.80 pts./game in career.
HM: G Jake Smith

Petes

Jun 23, 2014
Petes:

Zach Bogosian
Nick Ritchie
Hunter Garlent

Really debated hard between Garlent, Quine, Puempel and Watson.

Firebrd828

Oct 21, 2015
Plymouth/Flint: (based on NHL success)

1-Tyler Seguin
2-JT Miller
3-*tie*Michal Neuvirth, Tom Wilson

HM-Vincent Trocheck (only 1/2 season, but damn...)

Savard18

Feb 10, 2015
Flint, MI
Plymouth/Flint: (based on NHL success)

1-Tyler Seguin
2-JT Miller
3-*tie*Michal Neuvirth, Tom Wilson

HM-Vincent Trocheck (only 1/2 season, but damn...)
If you're gonna throw Plymouth in with Flint..... No David Legwand, Ryan Hartman, James Neal, Rickard Rakell, Stephen Weiss, James Wisniewski over Neuvirth, Wilson (I'm a big fan of his but...) or 28 games of Trocheck? Brian Berard was a Detroit Whaler and played an exhibition game at the IMA too but that's pushing it a bit. What about Stephen Seegar?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad