NHL Entry Draft: TOP 10 needs per team

Lockin17

Jul 31, 2018
After Celebrini is gets interresting , no one is clearly #2
Might teams go for needs instead of BPA ?

CHI = Celebrini (no brainer)
Sharks = 100% going for a D = Levshunov
Ducks = Needs a top 1 RHD = Parekh (they sure would like Levshunov though)
Columbus = Needs ? not sure BPA i guess = Dickinson
ARI = Wants more Russian = Demidov
MTL = Needs FWD = Lindstrom
OTT = Has to be a D = Buium
BUFF = Best BPA = Eiserman
Kraken = Could use a long shot = Saliyev
CGY = Best BPA = Helenius or Catton

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Grinner and ManByng

MasterMatt25

Nov 19, 2014
Montreal
MTL needs elite talent at any position
ANA could lean forward if they're legit shopping Zegras. Luneau will be solid at RD for them
Arizona is also very familiar with Americans. Not sure why you say they only need Russians just because of one draft.

Reactions: ManByng

Nevins

Jul 12, 2014

Buffalo urgently needs #1 right-handed defenseman, #2 right-handed defenseman

ANA could lean forward if they're legit shopping Zegras. Luneau will be solid at RD for them
Arizona is also very familiar with Americans. Not sure why you say they only need Russians just because of one draft.
Montreal needs elite forward and # 1 goalie

Lockin17

Jul 31, 2018
Who do you think ARI would take between Eiserman and Demidov ?

Buffalo would be looking at D, especially RHD followed by natural C. Their cupboards are bursting at the seams with offense first wings so Eiserman would be far down their list of wants
Yakemchuck then ?

General Fanager

Feb 2, 2010
Chambly, Qc
Habs dont need Dmen at all. They need a game changer up front and a true #1 goalie....

Lindstrom or Catton would be awesome. Or by some miracle there is a run on dmen and Demidov falls or an even bigger miracle and they win the lottery......

Reactions: Nevins and ManByng

ManByng

It's Me OilTastic
Aug 4, 2009
St. Albert, Alberta

It’s weird that I was using the Tankathon draft stimulator and every time I hit the thing, 10 times in a row, the Hawks finished #1, Habs # 2, Sharks #3, Ducks # 4, Jackets # 5, Yotes # 6 ! Guess someone at that website is a Hawks fan ! :laugh:

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
Columbus needs a few things and Id be happy with Dickinson in most cases but not if Lindstrom is there. A big skilled power firward to make them harder to play against would be huge for the team

koteka

Jan 1, 2017
Central Ohio

Columbus needs a center and Ds that can play defense. I expect Columbus will draft Celebrini, Lindstrom, or Catton and then go after D in the 2nd and 3rd rounds. They could really use an Adam Pelech type or two, not more offensive D. I could see Columbus willing to trade back a few spots if their guy isn’t there.

HitterD

Apr 25, 2022
Calgary
I know the OP stated BPA for Calgary but I’d argue Best D or C for Calgary only, as they are loaded with wingers for prospects at the moment.

Top 10 pick the Flames need to take whichever of the top 6 D or top 3-4 centres that fall to them. If they end up outside the top 10-11, is where I can see them going BPA which likely will be Iginla at that point anyway

Gabrielor

"Win with us or watch us win." - Rasmus Dahlin
Jun 28, 2011
Buffalo, NY
Buffalo: BPA is correct.

(The real answer, not applicable here, is that they should be trading the pick)

Xoggz22

Mar 4, 2002
Columbus, Ohio
Columbus needs a center and Ds that can play defense. I expect Columbus will draft Celebrini, Lindstrom, or Catton and then go after D in the 2nd and 3rd rounds. They could really use an Adam Pelech type or two, not more offensive D. I could see Columbus willing to trade back a few spots if their guy isn’t there.
Funny, I expect the opposite (barring the miracle they win 1OA). I expect them to take a D-man first and then a center with their 2nd pick (not moved to Philly). I think the Center depth is better overall and a high second should still get a middle 6 C with upside but a little longer time to develop.

Either way, these are the two positions the organization is the weakest, however, as they are likely 3 years from contributing they will, and should, take BPA. Just like the other teams at the top of this pile. Today's need isn't always tomorrow's need. Just need to use the assets wisely when building. CBJ is deep in prospects right now but could always use C and D depth, especially high end pieces.

loadie

Official Beer Taster
Sponsor
Jan 1, 2003
New Brunswick
If Lindstrom/Demidov/Celebrini are not available at the Habs picks, I'm fairly confident they choose a defenseman
Yeah, that’s quite possible they take a defenseman but I think they grab Iginla. Not sure why I feel they will, but he seems to have all of the potential, talent and intangibles the Habs like in their prospects. I’m really hoping that Lindstrom drops to fifth, that big skilled body would be a treat to watch for years to come

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad