OT: Too bright? Read here

G0bias

Oct 4, 2007
MTL
For those who want to darken their pages without dimming their screen till you can't see a thing anymore or still find it too bright, there's a couple web browser extensions you can toggle on and off that do the trick. You'll find the Extensions menu in your respective browser settings/drop down menus.

View media item 45
These are the ones I know.

( Safari) Night Light
Currently using this one and haven't had a problem so far.

(Chrome) Dark Reader, Deluminate, Dark Mode, Turn Off the Lights

(Firefox) Dark Background And Light Text

(All browsers, including Edge) Turn Off the Lights

Was initially gonna post this in the migration announcement thread but figured it'd just get lost with the other posts. If mods could keep this up so more people can see it.

Last edited:

TT1

May 31, 2013
Montreal
I don't like the all black look either tho =/. A greyer shade of white would have been perfect.

Something like this:
125197e10f9b1250_8647-w400-h236-b0-p0--contemporary-paint.jpg

G0bias

Oct 4, 2007
MTL
I don't like the all black look either tho =/. A greyer shade of white would have been perfect.

Something like this:
125197e10f9b1250_8647-w400-h236-b0-p0--contemporary-paint.jpg
There's some of them that lets you set the amount of darkness it applies. I just didn't mind the completely black.

EDIT: You can get something like this with Dark Reader (Chrome) and probably couple others.
FKKDO6V.png

Last edited:
Reactions: nhlfan9191

Name Nameless

Don't go more than 10 seconds back on challenges
Apr 12, 2017
Looks a bit light, yeah. Perhaps they will make it just a little less shiny when it's not so new in a few days?

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Thanks! I use Mozilla Firefox and I'm loving the dark background with white text. It's kind of like AutoCAD which I use everyday so my eyes say thank you!

G0bias

Oct 4, 2007
MTL
Is there a mobile mode that strips all pictures/avatars.

Dunno. You guys tried Tapatalk? No idea if HF is compatible with the app though, as not all forums are. But its supposed to work with the xenforo platform though.
Or do you mean a mobile mode to use on PC?

From what I remember that app lets you disable some of that stuff.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad