Waived: Tony DeAngelo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brooklyn Rangers Fan

Change is good.
Aug 23, 2005
Brooklyn & Upstate
Which teams can afford to pick up a 4.8 million dollar cap hit? Too lazy to check
Ottawa
Los Angeles
Chicago
New Jersey
Columbus
Detroit
St. Louis
San Jose
Nashville
Dallas

EDIT: Florida could free up the space to take him pretty easily, as well, IMO. They're only short a couple of hundred grand. Anyone else is going to have to make a major move.

Last edited:

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
Rangers just put one of last year's highest scoring defensemen on waivers after giving him an extension, and some of you think this is because they'd rather have Johnson or Smith in the lineup? That's next level idiocy.
I for one dont think they would rather have those guys in over DeAngelo... but putting him on waivers is just mind blowing given all the factors. Huge season last year, contract extension. Smh

NYRFANMANI

Department of Rempe Safety Management
Apr 21, 2007
yo old soorbrockon
Jaw dropping news. What in the hell? Now it's guaranteed that we wont get anything in return?

Is it that bad? Is he an open Qhole?

Profet

Longtime lurker
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2002
NY
profetkeyboards.com
He posted something about moving to Parler either last night or a while ago. That's all I know about. If I'm correct, he's also been a somewhat firm Trump supporter. Maybe it's all just built off of that.
vrsLBmp.gif

ColonialsHockey10

Jul 22, 2007
Hard to hate on JD here. He isnt the only one in that room and he likely played a big role in getting Panarin here.

But overall losing DeAngelo for nothing is a natural disaster.

Definitely not just a JD problem. But things like the Kravstov/Andersson issue. The Johnson signing. The leash Quinn gets. These are all really bad situations. You can’t place the blame on one person. But he shares some of it.

JohnC

Jan 26, 2013
New York
What reports are there that he’s a cancer?
I wouldn’t say there were reports that he’s been a cancer here, but the past is well documented.

I’ve seen “he’s very well liked in the locker room” a lot the past year, but as far as I can tell it’s really just a claim based off of his friendship with Strome and Lemieux.

I think back to the sickest guy in the league video. Jimmy Vesey looked like he couldn’t wait for the guy to get out of his face.

BKGooner

Jun 23, 2017
We know smith was awful. We know Johnson is awful. We know DeAngelo’s history, we know georgiev blew another game. We know Quinn has been outclassed by every coach we’ve gone up against.

I mean did he snap in that Lockerroom?
Maybe someone needs to snap in that room but there is a right way and a wrong way. Too valuable of an asset to give away for free imo.

NYR94

Mar 31, 2005
Long Island, NY
It's been an up and down beginning to the season for him. But I don't think his on-ice play has warranted being waived. I think something happened off the ice. Should be a wake up call to people who think personality doesn't matter as long as the guy has good metrics. I was willing to give him the benefit of the doubt and hoped he would mature but now 3 teams have decided to move on from him and he's only 25.

He had the miscommunication with Geo in OT that led to the goal, right? Maybe a teammate or coach said something about that Tony didn't like and his response was enough to get the axe.

Brooklyn Rangers Fan

Change is good.
Aug 23, 2005
Brooklyn & Upstate
If he is/was this much of a problem you'd think they would have moved on from him in the off-season. Unfortunately now we may lose him for nothing, which sucks.

I dislike the player but wanted him to succeed on the ice. This is all unfortunate. Even if no one claims him, you'd think the relationship between the parties has been irreparably damaged.

Was thinking last night, randomly, that I could see him having an Anthony Duclair-like career. Very talented, some good seasons, some not so good seasons, not really latching on because of issues not totally related to his play.
Not to venture too far outside the bounds of what's allowable discussion on this forum, but one wonders if recent events have led to a change/amplification of his behavior...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad