GDT: Tonight's the Nite. Oilers meet their match

squashmaple

gudbranson apologist
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2022
Columbus
Fantilli-Jenner-Roslovic are just 3 dudes on the ice at the same time doing 3 different things. No synergy
What a perfect summation of that line. And it's funny because all three of them have good chemistry with Laine and somehow just none with each other.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
What a perfect summation of that line. And it's funny because all three of them have good chemistry with Laine and somehow just none with each other.

Fantilli with Laine has had the worst results of any combo this year.

Fantilli had success with KJ and Bemstrom, and before that with Voronkov and Marchenko. Those are his only lines that haven't been underwater in goals results.

Reactions: Cowumbus

squashmaple

gudbranson apologist
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2022
Columbus

Fantilli had success with KJ and Bemstrom, and before that with Voronkov and Marchenko. Those are his only lines that haven't been underwater in goals results.
They weren't bad in preseason, iirc. I wouldn't really take anything at all from Laine this season since the Calgary game was the first week of the season.

Reactions: Marioesque

VT

Jan 24, 2021
Slovakia

Laine started to play center, Fantilli played winger and the most players played bad in the start of the season. Btw, you forgot Texier played LW.

But I prefer the Jenner-Laine pair. They have excellent chemistry. But whom to them? When Werenski and Laine return, the team will have 25 players and can be only 23. Jiříček and Bemström/Johnson to the AHL on paper?

Last edited:

NotCommitted

Jul 4, 2013
And what was his "he was very good" based on? Did he create chances? Did he win fights, all regularly? Did he have any dangerous shots? Did his play without the puck help the line? Fantilli and Jenner played very good but I didn't say it about Jack. One played average.

I wasn't focusing on him or anything, but honestly through the first two periods no single play of his stuck out to me in a bad way and he setup Fantilli at least twice for really good chances with his passing, the other one of those he also forced the turnover that lead to possession. So I was left with the impression he had a very good game through the first 2 periods, because usually even when he's good, he still manages to piss you off with couple boneheaded plays and I noticed none of that :)

Reactions: Farmboy Patty

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Just wanted to stop in and say that Fantilli is going to be a player. Looking forward to seeing him develop for you guys and help your team to the playoffs again.

Reactions: CBJWerenski8

Cowumbus

Mar 1, 2014
Arena District - Columbus
So I’m a sicko :( on top of this I have a +7h time difference.
It’s not a bad thing. It’s a nod to a popular Twitter account, Sickos Committee. The account is known for college football, but they will give updates on games that nobody is watching like Sam Houston vs Rice.

Sicko move in hockey would be like watching the World Junior’s second division game between Hungary and France. Really it’s a compliment for loving the game.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad