Player Discussion: Tommy Söderström goalie of the olden days

LiveeviL

No unique points
Jan 5, 2009
Sweden
Incredible fit for being an ex hockey goalie (even a non-ex hockey goalie) pitted against the competition he was in the first episode of Mästarnas mästare ("The camp of the champs" might be an ok translation), Swedish television show: Mästarnas mästare

A couple of SEL and WC golds and a decent career with a NHL-showing during a time when there wasn't many Swedish goalies around in NHL.

What do you say:
1) Is he underrated amongst Swedish goalies
2) Will he win Mästarnas mästare?

And of course:

Exarz

Jan 1, 2014
Helsinki
1. I'd say he's a bit underrated, but not totally underrated.
2. I haven't seen the other participants, so I can't answer that one :laugh:

Pentothal

Listen with one ear
Dec 30, 2008
It's not even close
He's a legend and one of the great sporting heroes in my life. One of those that made an impression early in your life that pretty much become immortal. When you grow older the younger guys can never really make that kind of profound impression on you, even if you still love the game and whatnot.

Don't care about that show though, to be honest.

LiveeviL

No unique points
Jan 5, 2009
Sweden
He's a legend and one of the great sporting heroes in my life. One of those that made an impression early in your life that pretty much become immortal. When you grow older the younger guys can never really make that kind of profound impression on you, even if you still love the game and whatnot.

Don't care about that show though, to be honest.

You should at least watch the episode when his highlights are sent, in fact any Swedish hockey fan should.

pulverapa

Jul 22, 2011
Stockholm
It's a well kept secret that he got traded from Philadelphia after having an affair with the daughter of the GM. (Or if it was the coach, can't remember). Legend.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad