Value of: Tomasino to PIT

pth2

Jan 7, 2018
In another thread I implied Winnipeg's first and a young D would be available for him, from Montreal, so PIT needs to top that.

Gaud

May 11, 2017
I think Mtl is absolutely in the market for an RW with top 6 potential and Hughes seems to like trading picks for players that have more of a known value. I wont pretend to know what Nash needs, but from what i read in this thread, it isnt forwards.

Mtl traded a first, a 2nd and Faibrother for Newhook. Would this type of deal move the needle? I think Thomasino is better than Newhoook, so maybe something around Mtl's late first, Harris and a 3rd starts the convo?

Flgatorguy87

Jul 7, 2011
East Nasty
I agree Tomasino has a high likelihood of being moved. I don't think this is the type of deal that happens. I could see them using him to move up in this draft, or trying to flip him for a younger prospect that might still have questions but is waiver eligible. I think the issue is they've run themselves against a wall. They have no time left to asses him. If he comes to camp and they still don't like him as a full timer then what do they do?

herzausstein

Aug 31, 2014
West Virginia
Hmm. Pickering fits the type of player Trotz and Brunette would probably be interested in, and fills an organizational gap. I don't feel like the difference between the two is a 2nd though. As my fellow Pred fans state though, I'm sure the Preds braintruat will just end up waiving him or something else stupid.
Pickering does fit alot better. His age is also beneficial that it will allow for McDonagh's contract to clear out and Lauzon's as well before we start have to worry about waivers.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Okay how about Owen Pickering for Tomasino and a 2nd?
I think the pick would be considerably lower than a 2nd, but that could work. I get the impression that they're roughly comparable on upside (as much as a forward and defenseman can be comparable, anyways), but Pickering being younger means he's got much more runway left to get there.

chethejet

Feb 4, 2012
I like Tomasino as a RW who has skill. But I am not giving up the farm here. Pens move Smith for a low second and move that with a Pens LD prospect at most.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
I think the pick would be considerably lower than a 2nd, but that could work. I get the impression that they're roughly comparable on upside (as much as a forward and defenseman can be comparable, anyways), but Pickering being younger means he's got much more runway left to get there.

I don't get why we think Tomasino has a ton of value.

He's going to be waiver eligible and Nashville has a multitude of players they likely have hitting the NHL over him.

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
I don't get why we think Tomasino has a ton of value.

He's going to be waiver eligible and Nashville has a multitude of players they likely have hitting the NHL over him.
With the way Trotz and Brunette have been talking and doing I wouldn't hold my breath on that one. It's just as likely that as long as they are waiver eligible they will be in Milwaukee.

Now I don't think Tomasino is going to get you the moon, but a guy that can get 40 points with limited play time and his most common player being a 4th line center isn't something to scoff at either. I don't know that he turns into a star player or anything, but it wouldn't shock me at all he isn't a 60+ guy on a team willing to give him that opportunity.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad