Tomas Jurco (Re-signed to two year deal, post #301)

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
That is a very good point. I'm not so sure Blashill will be more patient with Jurco than Babcock was. In the AHL a big part of his job was to develop the kids and make them NHL ready. In the NHL his only job is winning games. It doesn't matter how young or how much potential someone has, the guy that contributes more towards winning hockey games will always get more icetime in the NHL, at least if you're a team that wants to win.

This whole board spent a year complaining that he wanted to make Mantha earn his minutes and PP time. Blashill makes guys earn their minutes, again he did it to Jurco before. The difference is by in large they think he is actually on their side and cares about them. I will be curious to see if this carries over where million dollar contracts are on the line, but I have no doubts Blash will continue to use this skill of developing significant relationships to achieve everybody's goals. It has been his hallmark as a bench boss clear back to the USHL.

Lil Sebastian Cossa

Opinions are share are my own personal opinions.
Jul 6, 2012
No he doesnt. Not even close.

Nyquist and Tatar actually aren't that talented at stick handling (obviously in relation to those who are). Tatar earns his keep by being relentless in his pursuit of the puck and his nonstop motor. Nyquist is as good as he is because he's got a really quick burst skating wise when he needs it and his hockey iq is really high. He gets himself in great position to make plays until defense tightens up in the playoffs and he doesn't have room to do anything.

Not to say that Jurco is better than either of them, but it is entirely possible that his stick handling is better.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Nyquist and Tatar actually aren't that talented at stick handling (obviously in relation to those who are). Tatar earns his keep by being relentless in his pursuit of the puck and his nonstop motor. Nyquist is as good as he is because he's got a really quick burst skating wise when he needs it and his hockey iq is really high. He gets himself in great position to make plays until defense tightens up in the playoffs and he doesn't have room to do anything.

Not to say that Jurco is better than either of them, but it is entirely possible that his stick handling is better.

Tatar is good at many things, in addition to having that motor. His shooting and stickhandling abilities are both well above average, and I would say quite good.

I mean, we are talking about this guy:

Mijatovic

Jan 23, 2014
Western Australia
Both have damn good control especially when cutting back and controlling the puck.

Jurco on the other hand seemed to struggle catching simple passes. He did it regularly enough that you would not consider him good with his hands.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Both have damn good control especially when cutting back and controlling the puck.

Jurco on the other hand seemed to struggle catching simple passes. He did it regularly enough that you would not consider him good with his hands.

He's shown good hands throughout his career at various times, but he obviously had a terrible year last year. It does not mean he lost his hands altogether. He needs to re-gain his confidence and let the game come to him more.

I agree that he does not have better hands than Tatar or Nyquist right now, but it's just a little excessive to keep harping on his worst moments of last year. He still has plenty of ability, he just needs to put it together.

Aug 6, 2012

Nyquist I agree with. Doesn't really rely on his hands since he's so smart. Tatar tho... dude has silky mitts.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $200.00