Tomas Chrenko - NK Nitra, Slovakia U20 (2026 NHL Draft)

austin63867

Nov 13, 2018
Tomas Chrenko plays with fellow 2026 phenom Adam Nemec, but has more Points than Nemec in U20. Small sample size but a noticeable difference.

Nemec - 6GP 1G 1A 2PTS
Chrenko - 20GP 10G 11A 21PTS

Chrenko is the son of Nitra's GM, also named Tomas Chrenko, but Chrenko looks to be a talent all on his own, being PPG in the Slovak U16, U18 and U20 this season. Everywhere he goes he gets points.

Nemec gets a lot of hype but Chrenko could be good as well. Hope someone has seen him and can speak on his game vs Nemec.

hellwar9

Jul 17, 2017
Slovakia
Adam Nemec is more talented, and more skilled, but he has worse skating (it's not his weakness, he can still work on it, but it's the thing that pulls him back, it was also visible in the U16 national team). Chrenko, on the other hand, is more versatile, he has a pretty good two-way game at that age, but his upside is nowhere near the level of Adam Nemec. I'd say Adam Nemec is a first round prospect but probably in the 2nd half of the first round, Tomas Chrenko is somewhere between the end of the 1st round and the beginning of the 2nd round. But it's really very early for that. And you can't compare it too much based on statistics in Slovak youth leagues, which have semi-amateur level this season. If at least one of them would play in the u18 project and play in the second tier men's league, you could get a better overview, but they don't have the physical side for that yet.

Reactions: Martinez89

mirec04

Sep 3, 2018
Slovakia
Very interesting player to watch, has more than 1PPG in U20 league, although it is only Slovak league still very impressive.

Pazucha

Apr 3, 2023
Some of his highlights from the U18 Slovak Championship Tournament. He was part of almost every goal HK Nitra scored in all three matches.
Just for some context some of his teammates and opponents in this video started playing against men this season in extraliga or 1 liga. Frantisek Dej (Slovan Bratislava) played against Bedard during WC-U20 where Team Slovakia almost beat Team Canada in OT.

Player Number 29
Centre
Right Shoot
Born 2007

hellwar9

Jul 17, 2017
Slovakia
"I consulted with my father and we decided that I could at least try senior hockey. Probably the best alternative would be the first league Levice, which is actually a farm of Nitra," he explained.

It looks like next season he will play in the lower tier slovak league for Levice, plus as a bonus he might get his first games in the top tier slovak league for Nitra. As an alternative should be the U18 project, which plays its matches also in lower tier slovak league. I'm not exactly a fan of this move. Chrenko hasn't really had the physical tools to play in the junior league this season. Those points were only there thanks to his skill and good teammates. Physically, it is still a tough competition for him. He's still a kid in stature. However, since he wants to go the Slovak way, there are not many other options. Another year in the juniors would give him the minimum.

Pazucha

Apr 3, 2023
Even though the talent and skill is there, physically he looked out of place even in the U18 tournament against kids.

Reactions: hellwar9

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad