Post-Game Talk: Tom Wilson vs the NY Ragdolls - 7pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

pman25

Aug 29, 2009
Richmond
And then Chara got a 10 min misconduct for trolling the bench and he and Dillon still got no takers.
the best was all these idiots around here and on twitter convinced that Chara was disappointed and disgusted to be on this dirty caps goon squad when he was barking at the Rangers all night and was the first to give stick taps to all three guys in the box off the opening draw. He's loving it here

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
What player in any sport is both as hated as Wilson and as good as Wilson at the same time? Bobby Clark? Pete Rose? Jack Tatum?

Ty Cobb, but clearly not generational/HOF like Cobb
For a few seasons maybe Chris Nilan, or Chris Simon. A little Dougie Gilmour. Definitely Dale Hunter.

Sean Taylor. RIP 21

Reactions: ALLCAPSALLTHETIME

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
When the game started, I wish Chara would have just grabbed one of the Dolls D and just start shaking him. Shake him like a ragdoll until his gloves fell off.

Would have been nice to have Willy and Dillion out to start the game and make the Dolls players re-think their little grab your sack plan.

Sack up Buttercup. #DeanEvason

max21

NBA Yungboy
Apr 17, 2019
Virginia
Ty Cobb, but clearly not generational/HOF like Cobb
For a few seasons maybe Chris Nilan, or Chris Simon. A little Dougie Gilmour. Definitely Dale Hunter.

Sean Taylor. RIP 21
Taylor was universally hated? Odd. I was young when he was killed, I don’t really remember that. He and Stephen Davis were my favorite players growing up.

Fallschirmyager

Jun 25, 2009
the best was all these idiots around here and on twitter convinced that Chara was disappointed and disgusted to be on this dirty caps goon squad when he was barking at the Rangers all night and was the first to give stick taps to all three guys in the box off the opening draw. He's loving it here

I think the entire organization and fan base love him but none so much as Jensen. He's probably extended Jensens career by the sheer amount he's taught him this year.

Reactions: ALLCAPSALLTHETIME

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC

Yea, Chara had no idea who Tom Wilson was after playing in Boston all that time and had NOOOOOO idea what kind of team the Caps were. It was Chara's choice were he is playing. He wanted to play for the Capitals and knew exactly who they are.

maacoshark

Jul 22, 2017
It's been a few hours since I managed to sneak a peak at the mains, but golly gee, this Internets is a strange place. There's one poster who's promoting the position that Willie was too scared to come out after intermission. I bet if Willie had continued playing, this same poster would be blaming 43 and the Caps for keeping him in the game and deliberately provoking a response from the Rags.
I think Willie could take the entire Rangers team

max21

NBA Yungboy
Apr 17, 2019
Virginia
It’s probably frowned upon to call out some posters, but I just read a Rangers fan was proud of the way the Rangers responded last night lmfao

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Taylor was universally hated? Odd. I was young when he was killed, I don’t really remember that. He and Stephen Davis were my favorite players growing up.

Not going to be perfect comparisons. Taylor's overlap with TW is more in the "heavy hitter feared by all and criticized for how he played the game". Some did not like his hit in the Pro Bowl, for example.

Reactions: max21

max21

NBA Yungboy
Apr 17, 2019
Virginia
Not going to be perfect comparisons. Taylor's overlap with TW is more in the "heavy hitter feared by all and criticized for how he played the game". Some did not like his hit in the Pro Bowl, for example.
Ah I see, that aspect of it went right over my head

usiel

Where wolf’s ears are, wolf’s teeth are near.
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2002
Klendathu
www.myspace.com
The whole Wilson needs to do better screed in the middle of the first between Joe/Locker annoyed me though I missed if they were still referring to Monday or something in that 2nd game.

Rangers refusing to engage Chara and Dillion was cowardly.

Never seen a player hug a ref before (Oshie and that Linesman).

Bananas

Sponsor
Mar 26, 2007
Having the Cup in our back pocket makes this even more enjoyable than it already is. I’ve been smiling for a few years now. Sure, it’ll wear off eventually but not while this core is still around. It’d be a real nice cherry on top if they went out and got us one more too.

Good times.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Isaiah Thomas and Dennis Rodman come to mind.

Albert Belle a little bit

Belle is interesting as a league bad guy but didn't his own teammates usually hate him even more? TW is a locker room leader.

BiPolar Caps

Feb 9, 2010
NOVA
Has Christian Laettner been mentioned for College basketball.

Well at least Wilson didn't step on anyone while they were lying prone on the ice, well not yet!:sarcasm:

Reactions: RandyHolt

Chokingdogs

Apr 18, 2006
The whole Wilson needs to do better screed in the middle of the first between Joe/Locker annoyed me though I missed if they were still referring to Monday or something in that 2nd game.

Rangers refusing to engage Chara and Dillion was cowardly.

Never seen a player hug a ref before (Oshie and that Linesman).

What’s that about, the oshie thing?

I, too, wondered why chara didn’t just start throwing....then I remembered the rules, starting a fight after another has already begun is, iirc, and automatic game misconduct. Maybe that’s why he didn’t really do anything, he would have been tossed at the 1 second mark, which probably would have been a record.

Reactions: Calicaps
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad