Speculation: [Tom Gulitti] IF Shepard starts tonight, would seem to indicate something is potentially happening with Lindgren before the deadline....(CONT.)

canuckslover10

Apr 10, 2014
Man Lindgren as a backup would seem excessive unless they want to make him a starter and denote Georgiev.

SeanMoneyHands

Apr 18, 2019
Leafs should be in on it even though Samsonov has been lights out the past month. But knowing goalies, Samsonov could go ice cold come playoff time.

OV Rocks

Jan 5, 2014
Beach with Beer
It's kinda a bit nuts but seems like the teams who have legit chance to take the 3 seed in metro are throwing in the towel.
Maybe a bit of an overreaction, you ask most Caps fans and they will tell you playoffs aren't likely but the fact they are this close is a credit to the coach and younger players.
On paper Caps have moved a 3RW and a 6D. If they move on from Lindgren it would be the Caps backup goalie, if Patches the 3LW. Lindgren is the only one with term too

If the Caps squeeze into the playoffs yeah the depth is gone but overall they aren't throwing in the towel.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Maybe a bit of an overreaction, you ask most Caps fans and they will tell you playoffs aren't likely but the fact they are this close is a credit to the coach and younger players.
On paper Caps have moved a 3RW and a 6D. If they move on from Lindgren it would be the Caps backup goalie, if Patches the 3LW. Lindgren is the only one with term too

If the Caps squeeze into the playoffs yeah the depth is gone but overall they aren't throwing in the towel.
I don't know from the games I've seen Lindgren is pretty decent and better than Darcy.

OV Rocks

Jan 5, 2014
Beach with Beer
I don't know from the games I've seen Lindgren is pretty decent and better than Darcy.
100 you are correct, however there is a $4 million difference between them and Darcy is paid to be a one and that was the case going into the past two seasons.

Yes it would suck to lose Chucky I love him and he has been playing great, but I am also not going to be upset that we moved on from a 30 year old goalie with 90 career games played.

Just like Mantha if you told Caps fans in October what Mantha would return you they would be pumped, same as what Chucky could bring back.

SherVaughn30

Jan 12, 2010
Los Angeles
Caps goalie available?

*Avs have entered the chat*
It's interesting the amount of times either a Caps goalie or vice versa have ended up with either team. It started way back with Craig Billington(who was Patrick Roy's backup) and ended up Olaf Kolzig's backup. Years later the Avs traded for Varlamov. After that it was Grubauer. Then last, Avs let Kuemper walk and the Caps signed him. Unless the Avs are going for Kuemper again, then Lindgren could become an Av if the price is right!

Avs44

May 16, 2011
Hope the Avs pull it off. Avs need a quality #1B. Georgiev will hate it, maybe he'll throw a fit like he did in New York, but I have little faith in the guy. Avs need insurance if he struggles.

SherVaughn30

Jan 12, 2010
Los Angeles
Then you haven't seen enough of Lindgren. He's arguably been the Caps MVP this season! He has stolen the #1 Job from Kuemper. Kuemper is having one of his worst seasons, and part of the problem has been Lindgren been better, but also Kuemper has not meshed well with goalie coach Scott Murray(ask any Caps fan besides me and they will most like tell you the same thing that Scott Murray should have been replaced with the very good finish goalie coach in Hershey).

Reactions: IafrateOvie34

SherVaughn30

Jan 12, 2010
Los Angeles
100 you are correct, however there is a $4 million difference between them and Darcy is paid to be a one and that was the case going into the past two seasons.

Yes it would suck to lose Chucky I love him and he has been playing great, but I am also not going to be upset that we moved on from a 30 year old goalie with 90 career games played.

Just like Mantha if you told Caps fans in October what Mantha would return you they would be pumped, same as what Chucky could bring back.
Caps can trade Lindgren, because they are the defacto #1 team to produce NHL goaltenders. Their pipeline is by far ahead of any other team. Clay Stevenson is the Caps future #1(He's putting up better numbers in AHL than even Askarov(Preds) or Wolf(Flames)!), they have another possible #1 in Mitchell Gibson(was the workhorse starter for Harvard and has had to develop in the ECHL because the Caps goalie prospect log jam), and Hunter Shepard is the Caps potential next backup for next season.

Reactions: hn777

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad