Tokarski owns Ottawa, ends slump - Mtl 3-1

GREMLIN

Tanking enthusiast
Sep 19, 2013
I had a lot of friends over so didnt focus on the game as much as I usually do but Beaulieu seemed like a beast, he needs that fire in him all the time.

I also thought this would be an easy win for the Sens, really impressed with how our boys came out.

29dryden29

Jul 4, 2010
London Ont
Worth the price of admission:

vof82.gif

Weak sauce by Anderson he couldn't even break his own stick lol.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Thomas sent down, eminently predictable:

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
Thomas sent down, eminently predictable:

Considering his waiver situation, he was the one that had to be sent down. Can't see the Habs wanting to lose him for nothing. He wouldn't go unclaimed this time.

At least he showed better than last year this time around.

Maliki2

Mar 31, 2005
Saint Albans, VT
Considering his waiver situation, he was the one that had to be sent down. Can't see the Habs wanting to lose him for nothing. He wouldn't go unclaimed this time.

At least he showed better than last year this time around.

I wouldn't be so sure about this. Was not impressed with what I saw.

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
gonna be great to have torey back, love his play out there

Agreed. Plus the unexpected bonus that Mitchell was one of the Habs' most physical players. It might take him a few games, but we miss that element of the game.

didimentionlarseller

Snipers are a dying bread in the NHL
Nov 23, 2014
St Henri
He was that bad in the last 11 games of last season and at the camp. He was a lot better in the last 2 games. He gave a lot less rebound and was better outside his net. Let's see if he can do that for more than 5 games now ...

yea he wasn't great but I kind of remember him not getting much help either from the team in the losses hehe I just keep remember seeing him interviewed and looking progressively more despondent

Baruch

I like DD (Cups)
Apr 26, 2014
Montréal
If he played more, he'd very likely have a lower P/60.

Indeed, it's a certainty.
However, if with more ice-time he stays first on the Habs for P/60, OR if his brute number of points go up, then he needs that extra ice-time.

But right now it's only speculation of course. It all comes down to belief if he can do it or not, and that's where there's a riff between posters here.

Hackett

BAKAMAN
Mar 4, 2002
Visit site
I'm happy Tokarski looked good. They should just alternate him and Condon until Price returns...this way neither gets tired/overwhelmed with the starter role.

I agree but I give tokarski a slightly shorter leash. Let them alternate starts (more or less) but if tokarski follows this up with another couple bad starts in a row, I'm riding condon like a full starter again.

Mario le Magnifique

Habs apologist, closet Pens fan
Dec 6, 2007
My basement
Thomas is the type of guy that won't shine on a fourth line. His style is too skilled-based. Should have tried him on a few shifts on the third line, at least.

I know right, he has sick speed and a sick shot, but let's use him as a grinder.

Then he sucks at grinding so send him down.

Seriously as much as I like Carr, I think Thomas has more NHL qualities than him. But both are clearly in way over their head in the NHL. Too small not talented enough.

Both Ghetto and Hudon are more talented and have more potential at the NHL level. Especially Hudon he will replace Plekanec one day mark my words. Strong 2-way 50-60 points center.

Chfan

Apr 16, 2004
Montreal
I know right, he has sick speed and a sick shot, but let's use him as a grinder.

Seriously as much as I like Carr, I think Thomas has more NHL qualities than him. But both are clearly in way over their head in the NHL. Too small not talented enough.

Both Ghetto and Hudon are more talented and have more potential at the NHL level. Especially Hudon he will replace Plekanec one day mark my words. Strong 2-way 50-60 points center.

He has been developed as a winger for quite a while now...

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
He has been developed as a winger for quite a while now...

Plecky has a unique talent set as does Markov.
There is no replacing them per se.
Taking over their roster spot is probably a better description.
But I agree with you he will probably play wing.
Do his smarts overcome his lack of size and pace at center?
I'm guessing no.

Ghetto Sangria

Apr 14, 2009

Carr does not look out of place at all. He's a spark plug out there, crashing the net and active in the corners. He isn't really small either at 6 ft 190. I think he is a good complimentary player for the bottom six and has some scoring potential.

sharks9

Jan 16, 2012
Canada
Carr does not look out of place at all. He's a spark plug out there, crashing the net and active in the corners. He isn't really small either at 6 ft 190. I think he is a good complimentary player for the bottom six and has some scoring potential.

Yea I really liked Carr's game, not afraid to go hard to the net. If guys like Fleischmann or Weise have unreasonable salary demands this summer Carr would be someone who could replace one of them IMO.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad