Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

n8

WAAAAAAA!!!
Nov 7, 2002
san francisco
Visit site
When I saw that I lost some respect for Chytil. Should have let Laf score that goal in front of his hometown fans and family
🤣 if Chytil didn't shoot there, Laf would have taken them offsides. Laf needs to put himself in a position to score. They all did the right thing. Laf drew some skaters and gave Fil the shot.

Tob

Sep 16, 2017
Also notice how when Emelin doesn't warp time and space around Kreider's leg with his stick, Kreider scores a goal without taking out the goalie?

76j9rh.jpg

76j9sn.jpg

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
Canes, Devil's, Islanders and Pitt all LOST. Now we're only 6 back and ready to pass Devil's with next game victory. Philly's hot, watch out! Haha
Rangers did what they had to do, nothing special but Filip, KAM, Kreids had good games. Oh and that pass from Lindy, good stuff.

Reactions: FUZfan and Ruggs225

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
The Hurricanes logo always reminded me of a flushing toilet too

Chytilmania

Dec 31, 2017
Lol that’s a great title. When I went to Montreal for my buddys bachelor party there were 10 guys and one bathroom so my friend kept saying the French toilet couldn’t handle us shitting anymore and would yell in a French accent.

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007
When I saw that I lost some respect for Chytil. Should have let Laf score that goal in front of his hometown fans and family

I had it recorded and I've replayed it 5 times. He had no easy opportunity to give Laf the puck and if he did the Hab player was right there to strip it from him.
Yeah, that was my read as well.

1673013739446.png

We yell at guys all the time for passing instead of taking the shot. Taking the shot was the right thing to do there.

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
Yeah, that was my read as well.

View attachment 631256

We yell at guys all the time for passing instead of taking the shot. Taking the shot was the right thing to do there.
I actually think that was a great read and play by both. Laf slowed down and blocked off his defender creating a lane for Filip to score.
It's a POWER PLAY GOAL. Helps for the pctg.

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007
I actually think that was a great read and play by both. Laf slowed down and blocked off his defender creating a lane for Filip to score.
It's a POWER PLAY GOAL. Helps for the pctg.
And a terrible play by Jordan Harris. Watch the whole sequence.

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017
In a game I thought would be a trap, and looked like one through 25 minutes, the Rangers coming out with a 4-1 without breaking a sweat is great. I call that progress!

Reactions: SnowblindNYR

Lua

Nov 10, 2010
Troy
Complete non-story. Chytil has been snakebit his whole career, I'd never give a free goal away if I were him. It's nothing against Lafreniere
Yup, if Laf wants a goal against his terrible hometown team he should go make one himself

Reactions: Chytilmania

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
I don't think the Rangers exactly played bad, they played a road game against a team that was playing it pretty conservative and close for much of the game (because they're not good enough to play any other way). The Rangers weren't at their sharpest but they didn't get frustrated and didn't get out of sorts and just kept at it like they should

Reactions: Larrybiv and bl02

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017
I don't think the Rangers exactly played bad, they played a road game against a team that was playing it pretty conservative and close for much of the game (because they're not good enough to play any other way). The Rangers weren't at their sharpest but they didn't get frustrated and didn't get out of sorts and just kept at it like they should

NYR played with a lot of patience imo which is a sign of maturity. If Gallant can actually get them to play with game to game consistency we've seen over the last ~15 or so (minus the Washington game out of the break), we will continue to progress up the standings. I predicted a Metro division title before the season and after some hiccups im liking what im seeing

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
Such a snooze fest. Esp the 1st and 3rd. We'll take the 2 points but that was a game where both teams looked like they couldn't give a crap.

romba

Aug 2, 2005
New Jersey
I considered us unlucky when we were hitting post after post and losing, so to be fair, I consider us a bit lucky for those 2 posts Montreal hit in the 3rd.

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
That was a straight up exhibition game. Shocked at how little effort Montreal showed with St. Louis behind the bench. They really want Bedard.
Did they really lack effort? I don't think so anyway. 1st game back from a grueling, losing road trip.......usually doesn't equate to a home victory. As much as they may have wanted it. We outclassed them as they are so young and inexperienced. I wouldn't be making fun of them (btw, I despise them as well) because that kid Bedard might end up there, in addition to what they have. And as far as I am concerned, I'd rather he end up there, than in Philly, per se'. Arizona would be ideal.
Bedard is a Canadien kid.....right? You bet your sweet bippy they want him.
I see a Canadien older gentleman once in a while in my place of work. He's pretty damned obnoxious and is adamant about Bedard being someday better than McDavid. Yeah, okay dude. I'll believe that when I see it. Not impossible, but highly unlikely. Either way, I don't want our Rangers to have to deal with him too often.

mas0764

Jul 16, 2005
We played a solid Gallant hockey game. 2 points but eye-bleedingly boring for much of the time.

I was told Gallant plays an up tempo style when he was hired. I feel mislead.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad