Seravalli: Toffoli will not re-sign in Calgary, wants to be traded

Status
Not open for further replies.

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010
Andersson gets at least Bourgault, Broberg, and 1st.

Toffoli value is better than the other pieces, so it's close, but idk if I'd quite do it.

I’d do that (Bourgault, Broberg, 1st) for Andersson if we included Ceci to offset the cap. I know Holland probably won’t move Broberg but Andersson is absolutely what this club needs and that’s a price any team serious should be willing to pay. Hell I’d probably even be cool with also including the 2nd. We can just leave Toffoli out of it.

I wouldn’t expect any Flames fans to like this seeing a top pairing guy going to Edmonton so I expect this will get thrashed on too.

Bond

May 10, 2012
I’d do that (Bourgault, Broberg, 1st) for Andersson if we included Ceci to offset the cap. I know Holland probably won’t move Broberg but Andersson is absolutely what this club needs and that’s a price any team serious should be willing to pay. Hell I’d probably even be cool with also including the 2nd. We can just leave Toffoli out of it.

I wouldn’t expect any Flames fans to like this seeing a top pairing guy going to Edmonton so I expect this will get thrashed on too.
Yeah, can't be giving the Oiler's exactly what they need unless it is a Hull like overpayment and none of those pieces are that lol

VijayPatel11

Mar 29, 2021
Sarasota, FL
I mean, we still got a 1st round pick for him in a freaking deep draft. We haven't even made the selection yet, so, yeah, so far it's working out.
Im talking about you montreal fans acting like you have another top 10 pick halfway into the season / before the season starts in this case... don't get too excited about it just yet

Reactions: Devonator

Ace Rimmer

Stoke me a clipper.
You're right, I stand corrected, it's this idiot-ass scenario instead

*Conditions: 1. If CGY’s 2024 1st round pick is between 20 and 32, MTL can take that pick instead. Result: TBD

Scenario: In the event CGY receives FLA’s 2025 1st round pick:
1. If both CGY AND FLA’s picks are NOT top 10, MTL will receive the better of the CGY and FLA 2025 1st round picks. Result: TBD

2. If CGY’s pick is top 10, AND FLA’s pick is NOT top 10, MTL receives FLA’s pick. Result: TBD

Scenario: In the event CGY does NOT receive FLA’s 1st round pick:

Sub-scenario: CGY’s pick is NOT top 10
1. MTL will receive the CGY pick, and
2. If FLA’s pick is not top 10, is a better pick than CGY’s, and was transferred to another team due to prior conditions, MTL will also receive CGY’s 2025 4th round pick.
Result: TBD

Sub-scenario: CGY’s pick is top 10:
1. If CGY’s pick is 1st overall, MTL will receive CGY’s 2025 3rd, and the better of CGY and FLA’s 2026 1st round pick. Result: TBD
2. If CGY’s pick is 2nd to 10th, MTL receives CGY’s 2025 1st round pick. Result: TBD
It's Schrodinger's Draft Pick

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
Im talking about you montreal fans acting like you have another top 10 pick halfway into the season / before the season starts in this case... don't get too excited about it just yet

Well, sure, because it looked like we could. Any other fan base would have been screaming about it too. This is a great draft. But, Florida got it together. We're rebuilding so we'll take what we can get. And, yes, we'll definitely get over excited about the 2025 picks too. Lol

Chill out.

Reactions: Gravity

Victor000

Dec 23, 2022
Zadorov won't re-sign in Calgary. Tanev won't re-sign in Calgary. Kylington won't re-sign Calgary. We GET IT!
I think we all know who's next:
1C7o8g0OVMAA1UoH-1265x600.jpg

Stealth JD

Don't condescend me, man.
Sponsor
Jan 16, 2006
Bonita Springs, FL
He really should have waited 3-6 months before signing his extension to see how things would be. Calgary was in panic mode with that deal so they could show that people want to sign long term here, after Gaudreau and Tkachuk wanted out. Both sides should have waited a bit.
LOL - what? Somebody offers you $84M, you sign immediately. Imagine how much he would have cost himself by waiting 3-6 months. If he was signing as a UFA on July 1, coming off of that season…what kind of money do you think he’s being offered?

Mike Jones

Apr 12, 2007
Calgary
It would have to happen simultaneously. The Flames owner moves team to Houston while the private owner gets an expansion team approved in Calgary. I really don't think Buttman wants to lose Calgary Flames revenue
He has to realize that the Flames demands are really taking this market to a bad place and they're going to lose big time if they keep up the pressure on people like taxpayers who have absolutely no interest in hockey.

Bond

May 10, 2012
Don't get this. Toffoli got traded for a low first and a meh prospect when he had a good contract the Habs gave him, AND he was younger. Doubt you will get two firsts, or even the amount the Habs got.
He just had his best season and is on a cheap contract. He'll get about the same as the Habs got

Last edited:
Reactions: Bjornar Moxnes

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
Let's ignore that the Oilers and Flames have never had a major trade.

To the Oilers: Tyler Toffoli and Rasmus Andersson

To the Flames: Cody Ceci, Kailer Yamamoto, 2024 1st(unprotected) Phillip Broberg, Xavier Bourgault, and 2025 2nd
2 cap dumps and a bunch of scraps? Sounds like a great deal! You're close if you take Andersson out of it.

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
LOL - what? Somebody offers you $84M, you sign immediately. Imagine how much he would have cost himself by waiting 3-6 months. If he was signing as a UFA on July 1, coming off of that season…what kind of money do you think he’s being offered?

He would still have gotten that as a free agent. People acting like one off season completely blows up what you just did the 3-4 season prior and in today's UFA environment for a top player. In fact he probably gets more going to UFA as someone would have paid him greatly. He didn't get 84 mil for just the season he had prior, he got it for the other parts of his career as well. The UFA market is devoid of any stars and if he had his this year's market he would easily be the #1 target.

WhalerTurnedBruin55

Fading out, thanks for the times.
Oct 31, 2008
Some players bet against themselves, while others see that pay check and know they aren't going to get an offer nearly as good as that again.

I think Huberdeau cashed in and checked out.

Reactions: DingDongCharlie
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad