Confirmed with Link: Toffoli Signs for 3 Years/$4.6 AAV

Peter James Bond II

"Man, we were right there" - De-Luc-sional
Mar 5, 2015
I think the Kings need a solid Third Line Center that can produce, more than a Top 4 Defender. Dowd/Kempe/Shore are just not third line center material, if you ask me.

Maybe that's where the money should go.

This is true. I am hopeful Alex Iafallo can be that player. or Amadio, but they are both a year away. I am assuredly a minority in thinking Nick Shore is capable. I believe\if anyone blossoms without DS coaching this team, Shore will potentially raise his game to a higher level. He put up better numbers than Pearson or anyone except Toffoli
in Manch / Ontario. I think DS really neutered his game. If the Kings do not fill this slot with a signing, acquisition, I hope he gets a shot.

Kudos to Blake for getting TT at 4.6 !
Pretty good start. Pearson locked up at 3.7, TT at 4.6 and bringing in Fratenberg, Iafallo and Imama...all for nothing! (7th rd pick, bfd)

damacles1156

Feb 5, 2010
This is true. I am hopeful Alex Iafallo can be that player. or Amadio, but they are both a year away. I am assuredly a minority in thinking Nick Shore is capable. I believe\if anyone blossoms without DS coaching this team, Shore will potentially raise his game to a higher level. He put up better numbers than Pearson or anyone except Toffoli
in Manch / Ontario. I think DS really neutered his game. If the Kings do not fill this slot with a signing, acquisition, I hope he gets a shot.

Kudos to Blake for getting TT at 4.6 !
Pretty good start. Pearson locked up at 3.7, TT at 4.6 and bringing in Fratenberg, Iafallo and Imama...all for nothing! (7th rd pick, bfd)

Fantenberg, I really think he can play at the NHL level. I am really interested in seeing him play this coming camp.

Esteban Tornado

Mar 28, 2014
Las Vegas
Those who thought he would get 6 are out of their minds. It's the same people who crap on browns contract and forget he took less without an agent in his last contract. It's arguable that that freed up the money to sign who we needed to win those 2 cups
Ps the same to those who thought Pearson would get 4-4.5 million.

BigKing

Blake Out of Hell III: Back in to Hell
Mar 11, 2003
Belmont Shore, CA
google.com
The signings have been good, but they are ****ing RFAs.

Let's see the Doughty negotiation and see how much of a bad ass he is.

Nothing that Blake has done so far could be taken as a "Lombardi wouldn't have done that" move. He hasn't been really tested yet so I'm not going to crown him or **** on him yet. I am pleased with how things are shaking out so far, however. I mean, better than hiring Marc Crawford and signing Dan Cloutier out of the gate.

Also, Rob Blake is an ******* and a POS but I don't think I've ever called him an idiot. I believe the narrative is that Luc is the idiot ;)

lexlavender

Jun 9, 2013
Rosen's update on this is the best on LA Kings Insider. Literally said not to hold your breath an hour or two before the signing.

As far as the contract, very fair for both parties. Toffoli will be seeking a heavy raise by the end of it, hopefully he performs to the point where he deserves it.

lexlavender

Jun 9, 2013
Regretting to give more down the line is better than regretting that you gave too much.

damacles1156

Feb 5, 2010
The signings have been good, but they are ****ing RFAs.

Let's see the Doughty negotiation and see how much of a bad ass he is.

Nothing that Blake has done so far could be taken as a "Lombardi wouldn't have done that" move. He hasn't been really tested yet so I'm not going to crown him or **** on him yet. I am pleased with how things are shaking out so far, however. I mean, better than hiring Marc Crawford and signing Dan Cloutier out of the gate.

Also, Rob Blake is an ******* and a POS but I don't think I've ever called him an idiot. I believe the narrative is that Luc is the idiot ;)

I was simply pointing out the progressions of being a GM.

When you start out, and do some solid (straight forward moves) everyone thinks you're a Genius.

Then eventually, you have to make a tough decision , or you make a bad one (then you're the worst GM ever).

lexlavender

Jun 9, 2013
Currently have 5 mil and change to play with for UFA or in a trade. I believe there is an escalator option this season as well; if the players decide to exercise, we could be looking at a lot of room this Summer. This also considering that we still need to get rid of a defensemen; we're way too full right now.

BigKing

Mar 11, 2003
Belmont Shore, CA
google.com
Regretting to give more down the line is better than regretting that you gave too much.

People were bummed the last deal wasn't long-term. Now he's signed at what that long-term deal may have been or less since there is no UFA bought with this current one.

Hope he plays well enough to get a big payday at the end of this deal.

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
Those who thought he would get 6 are out of their minds. It's the same people who crap on browns contract and forget he took less without an agent in his last contract. It's arguable that that freed up the money to sign who we needed to win those 2 cups
Ps the same to those who thought Pearson would get 4-4.5 million.

Brown never "took less" or took a discount.

At the time he signed his 6 year deal at 3.175M, his career high in goals was 17. Adjusted for cap inflation 3.175M translates to 4.6M. That's not a discount for a guy that's never even scored 20 goals.

BigKing

Mar 11, 2003
Belmont Shore, CA
google.com
I was simply pointing out the progressions of being a GM.

When you start out, and do some solid (straight forward moves) everyone thinks you're a Genius.

Then eventually, you have to make a tough decision , or you make a bad one (then you're the worst GM ever).

I understand...it was directed more at Ziggy.

He's a Blake fan, I'm not. We both hope he does a great job. Just going to take a lot more for me to say hiring him was the right decision.

Jun 30, 2006
So, people still think hiring Rob Blake as GM was a bad idea? Thus far his signings have been pretty damn spectacular.

Like Mr. Wolf says in pulp fiction, let's not start sucking each other's...well you get the idea. How is the roster different from last year right now?

It's not like Dean Lombardi wasn't negotiating for these contracts before he was canned and Blake had no baseline to operate from.

Expectations must be pretty damn low for Blake if he's "killing it" or doing a "spectacular" job.

WHOneedsSOX

Mar 1, 2015
Currently have 5 mil and change to play with for UFA or in a trade. I believe there is an escalator option this season as well; if the players decide to exercise, we could be looking at a lot of room this Summer. This also considering that we still need to get rid of a defensemen; we're way too full right now.

Plus Greene LTIR or bought out. Plus player taken by Vegas. Ton a of cap space.

damacles1156

Feb 5, 2010
I understand...it was directed more at Ziggy.

He's a Blake fan, I'm not. We both hope he does a great job. Just going to take a lot more for me to say hiring him was the right decision.

You know posters on this board well enough.

The Kings just tossed out the only GM+Coach to win cups in LA.

Those two are being talked about, like they were the biggest idiots LA ever hired.

Last edited:

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
Like Mr. Wolf says in pulp fiction, let's not start sucking each other's...well you get the idea. How is the roster different from last year right now?

It's not like Dean Lombardi wasn't negotiating for these contracts before he was canned and Blake had no baseline to operate from.

Expectations must be pretty damn low for Blake if he's "killing it" or doing a "spectacular" job.

Lomardi set a low standard based on the number of poor decisions he made leading up to his removal.

Getting Toffoli and Pearson locked up at under $9M combined is good. Restocking the cupboard with prospects that Lombardi would have looked over is good. I'm sure there are more transactions that will be made that'll address what this team has been lacking.

BigKing

Mar 11, 2003
Belmont Shore, CA
google.com
He hasn't traded our 1st for a rental.

Not yet!

Seriously though, you know I mean the moves Blake has made and not the moves he hasn't made.

I'm not giving Blake a grade until I see the opening night roster. I do like what has gone down so far though. Will be thrilled if he can somehow add Drouin without impacting the team too greatly.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
I mean, can't people simply say "good signing"--a sentiment being echoed around the hockey media right now--without being executed for it?

There's literally nothing to be outraged about here.

damacles1156

Feb 5, 2010
Not yet!

Seriously though, you know I mean the moves Blake has made and not the moves he hasn't made.

I'm not giving Blake a grade until I see the opening night roster. I do like what has gone down so far though. Will be thrilled if he can somehow add Drouin without impacting the team too greatly.

Wouldn't give him a grade till the seasons is over and done.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad