Confirmed with Link: Toffoli for Sharangovich (Signed @ 2 years $3.1 Million AAV), 2023 3rd round pick (CGY - #80)

TheHudlinator

Nov 21, 2011
Victoria,BC
At the deadline you'd have received a 2nd +
Why did Conroy jump on that?
He is scared after Gaudreau to not get anything. Unfortunately this means we will take whatever we can for Lindholm, Hanifin, and Backlund and short of Markstrom rediscovering his form or Wolf being literally one of the best rookie goalies in years we are going to be rough to watch.

CamPopplestone

Sep 27, 2017
They probably don't want to risk injury or us being better then expected and in a playoff spot then losing a valuable player in the playoffs push.

I can see holding off for Lindholm if offers aren't decent, but they won't wait until the deadline with all of them

FLAMESFAN

Feb 27, 2002
Well, the good news is teams will be lining up to call Connie now.

Wait, maybe thats not a good thing?

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
I would prefer an up and coming young kid than a dying guy but whatever, Conroy did what he could.
Treliving’s deals always looked good at first but many times turned into shit. Maybe it’s the opposite with Conroy. Right now he is not looking too hot but….

Kranix

Deranged Homer
Jun 27, 2012
A year ago I remember this guy being talked about as having star potential. He took a step back this year which is concerning, but the tools are there.

Reactions: Boomstick

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
Am i missing something? In the sharangovich thread is full of proposals around early 2nd/late 1st value. Is this dude not just a 3rd liner?
He had a couple of Mangipane break out like months. Was not much before that and even much less after that. Had like 5 goals in his last 50 games and benched by the Devils in the playoffs

Some Other Flame

Dec 4, 2010
Give him some time but honestly they went with a cheap option so it’s as expected

Also wait till you see Huska lol
That's problem, it's not cheap. ELC's are cheap, Sharangovich will make at least 2M+ while taking up a roster spot that should have gone to an internal prospect.

It's the same old sad story from this hilariously poorly run franchise that simply refuses to adapt to the cap era

Bert Mckrakken

Jul 23, 2021
Edmonton
That's problem, it's not cheap. ELC's are cheap, Sharangovich will make at least 2M+ while taking up a roster spot that should have gone to an internal prospect.

It's the same old sad story from this hilariously poorly run franchise that simply refuses to adapt to the cap era
We already have some spots available, and I’m sure we will have more by training camp. How many prospects do you want to graduate. Imo only walker, pellts and coronato are ready maybe to a lesser extent Zary. And wolf ofc.

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
Working on the premise that Lindholm and Backlund are both traded I see the Flames remaining centers as Kadri, Dube, and Sharangovich. Old Trevor Lewis just might get another contract after all.

Some Other Flame

Dec 4, 2010
We already have some spots available, and I’m sure we will have more by training camp. How many prospects do you want to graduate. Imo only walker, pellts and coronato are ready maybe to a lesser extent Zary. And wolf ofc.
Pelletier and Deuhr should have been regulars last year. But I guess in Flames parlance, anyone under 30 is still a prospect

Currently they have one spot in the top six available:

Huberdeau-Lindholm-XXX
Mangiapane-Kadri-Dube
Pelletier-Backlund-Sharangovich
Duehr-Ruzicka-Coleman

And given this trade, it's no longer safe to say they're definitively moving Backlund or Lindholm, and even if they do, virtual guarantee they'll acquire some more quote unquote shortcuts to take their spots

I'll take Gaudreau 2.0

They're once a generation draft luck is probably still recharging

DFF

Feb 28, 2002

I meant Craig Conroy himself lol

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
It’s bizarre seeing Tanner Jeannot go for a 1st at the deadline only for us to end up with this return at the draft.

Could we really not squeeze Carolina for something here after their shitty offensive output in the conference finals?

Body Checker

Aug 11, 2005
Wait to see how all the moves line up together. Was hoping for a late first for Toffoli but I do like Sharangovich. Ultimately it was Treliving and Edwards’ blunders here - Edwards should have let Treliving fire Sutter in season and Treliving should have sold hard at the deadline as it was a seller’s market. Conroy stuck with the after effect of a suppressed June trade market in a strong draft year. People talking about the Hayes deal returning the 29th overall pick in a package and he goes for a 6th round pick lol.

Some Other Flame

Dec 4, 2010

Don't worry, the Flames have the smartest guys in the room and they're gonna find all the best players not playing for the Flames

Last edited:
Reactions: Janks

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad