Toews with a hat-trick today for Canada!

Status
Not open for further replies.

HabLover

Mar 2, 2002
Sandspit
Visit site
MN_Gopher said:
It is tough to go by how old they were for the majority of the seasnon. Yes this was Kessel's 17 year old season. But when you throw in college and that most kids born after september first are tossed in next years group. Thats how most schools accept kids into first grade. The cut off is september first. Some petition in. Myself also born in October had to wait that next year around to start. So did Kessel i assume. So to me he is starting as a 17 year old and accelerated a year to play NCAA a year early for him.
Toews is an april B-day. Thats only six months. All my point was is that it is not a full year. People get caught up in what year you were born. Paying no attention to what part of the year it was.

Not trying to down play Toews. He is a great player and i wish the gophers had him.

Would you stop!

You make no sense at all!

I don't think your being born in October had anything to do with you having to wait until the next year to start. If you know what I mean! :propeller

When does the college season officially get underway? I would guess Kessel will play 95% of the season as an 18 yr old. But in your world he's a 17 yr old? Then I guess Toews is only 16. Now that's amazing, a 16 yr old playing college hockey!

Perhaps he's a little Doogie Howser or something, with some athletic ability!

HabLover

Mar 2, 2002
Sandspit
Visit site
NyQuil said:
Canada shuts out the Swedes 4:0.

"Jonathan Toews, a Winnipeg native who will play for the University of North Dakota this fall, Zach Hamill of Port Coquitlam, B.C., (Everett, Wash., WHL), Cory Emmerton of St. Thomas, Ont., (Kingston, Ont., OHL) and Jordan Staal of Thunder Bay, Ont., (Peterborough, Ont., OHL) scored for Canada, which opened the tournament with a 5-3 win over Switzerland on Tuesday."

"We played better today than yesterday," said Canadian head coach Shawn Camp. "That's part of what it takes to win this tournament is that we have to continue to improve every game."

http://www.tsn.ca/canadian_hockey/news_story.asp?id=133016

Canada spanks the Czech's 6 - 2 today. Toews and Hamill led the way again and are tied atop the tourney in scoring with 4g + 3a for 7pts.

A tough test for Canada on Saturday against the Finns. They seem to be very good defensively.

Form and Substance

Jun 11, 2004
HabLover said:
Would you stop!

You make no sense at all!

I don't think your being born in October had anything to do with you having to wait until the next year to start. If you know what I mean! :propeller

When does the college season officially get underway? I would guess Kessel will play 95% of the season as an 18 yr old. But in your world he's a 17 yr old? Then I guess Toews is only 16. Now that's amazing, a 16 yr old playing college hockey!

Perhaps he's a little Doogie Howser or something, with some athletic ability!

why would he lie?

VOB

Feb 27, 2002
Michigan
Visit site
hab 4ever said:
Toews is very impressing as of now ... He would be third on my list behind only Kessel and Frolik .

I would still place Mueller in front of him but then again I think Mueller has an excellent chance of unseating Kessel for the number one spot.

Toews in an excellent player, who himself stands an outside shot at being taken first overall.

HabLover

Mar 2, 2002
Sandspit
Visit site
VOB said:
I would still place Mueller in front of him but then again I think Mueller has an excellent chance of unseating Kessel for the number one spot.

Toews in an excellent player, who himself stands an outside shot at being taken first overall.

Another goal today for Toews, as he is leading the tourney in goals and points. Canada defeated the Finns 3 - 2 today for the chance to play for gold. These are essentially the best '88's in the world at this tourney, minus a few guys like Mueller and Frolik.

Toews is doing exactly what people were expecting of him so far. He is also the captain of Canada which says something about his character. He has a long ways to go to unseat Kessel from the #1 spot in '06, but hey, anything's possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad