Todd Ford on firrrre.

Status
Not open for further replies.

leafaholix*

Former Prince George, Vancouver, and Swift Current goaltender, Todd Ford, is on fire in the ECHL at the age of 20. He's playing for the Pensacola Ice Pilots, Toronto's ECHL affiliate. On Saturday, he made 43 saves, allowed 2 goals, and got the win.

So far this season he has 5 wins, 0 losses, 0 ties, a .950 Save%, and a 1.69 GAA in 6 games.

Not bad for a guy that was mediocre at best in the WHL the last couple seasons. The Maple Leafs may have something here, he was a 3rd round pick and one of the highest ranked goaltenders for the 2002 draft.

Bad News Benning

Fallin for Dahlin?
Jan 11, 2003
Victoria
Visit site
It's still to early to get excited as it's a rather small sample size. I'd wait to see how he does after a full year in the ECHL, and some games in the AHL before I'd get too excited. I'm surprised he got a contract from the leafs after his last couple years in junior, he was pretty bad on some nights.

leafaholix*

Koltsov said:
It's still to early to get excited as it's a rather small sample size. I'd wait to see how he does after a full year in the ECHL, and some games in the AHL before I'd get too excited. I'm surprised he got a contract from the leafs after his last couple years in junior, he was pretty bad on some nights.
I wrote him off a while ago because he was probably one of the worst drafted goalies in the CHL.

It's not really "excitement" as it is revived and very careful optimism. It's mind boggling to see he couldn't go 3 or 4 games in the WHL without a mediocre game, but at a higher level of hockey he is playing very well. We heard about his abilities around draft time, but he basically vanished off our radars for the most part and is now showing a glimpse of what we heard he had the potential of doing, stopping the puck.

A couple more years in the minor leagues and we'll have a better sense of whether this guy is capable of playing in the NHL.

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
I'm going to keep using it until it catches on like Skoula's puck poise.

Newfie Bruin

Apr 30, 2003
NL
Visit site
Even if he tears up the ECHL...Its not like he is gonna start or even backup in St. John's this year. Tellqvist/Aubin/Racine far ahead of him.

leafaholix*

Newfie Bruin said:
Even if he tears up the ECHL...Its not like he is gonna start or even backup in St. John's this year. Tellqvist/Aubin/Racine far ahead of him.
That's true, but I don't think he's ready for the AHL this year anyways. With the recent addition of Aubin, the Leafs are overflowing with goaltenders comparing to past years.

Communal Blood

Jun 1, 2003
Toronto, Ontario
Riding a hot streak. Hate to say it, but that'll end soon. Not saying that he'll fall back again, but you can't expect this kind of play to continue the whole season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad