LastWordArmy

Sep 11, 2011
Canada
Reactions: Kimota

Bobby Holik agent

erudite free agency sci-fi
Oct 17, 2002
PLAYOFF MONSTER
(regular season head case... i sure remember how you play in playoff!!!)

Strangely balanced overall*
*Must reach playoff for full effect

Last edited:
Reactions: rickthegoon

zx81

Aug 2, 2005
I remember that I taped this game (a thing I was doing very rarely) on a good old vhs tape. I must have watched the replay 50 times.

Lemieux was such a clutch player. Great playoff guy.

ChesterNimitz

governed by the principle of calculated risk
Jul 4, 2002
I knew he had an edge to his game when in the 1985 WJC during the pre-game skate of Team Canada’s game against the Soviets, Lemieux took multiple physical liberties with opposing players.

Canada beat the Soviets 5-0 on route to winning gold medal.

That strong Team Canada contingent had three Montreal players: Lemieux , Corson and Richer. All three of whom played major roles in the resurgence the team witnessed in the late 1980’s.

Bobby Holik agent

erudite free agency sci-fi
Oct 17, 2002
Yeah for better or worse i've learned in my youth to put admiration and love toward dangerous maniac with this man.

Kimota

ROY DU NORD!!!
Nov 4, 2005
Les Plaines D'Abraham
Lemieux really was part of my greatest memories as a Habs fan for sure. I couldn't believe the clutch goals he scored during these playoffs. A clutch Legend was coming into being before our eyes.

To me he was like the legendary baseball player Ty Cobb. A dirty son of a bitch hated by a lot of people including his teamates and coaches but the fire and the passion that animates them I will always admire and love.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Lemieux really was part of my greatest memories as a Habs fan for sure. I couldn't believe the clutch goals he scored during these playoffs. A clutch Legend was coming into being before our eyes.

To me he was like the legendary baseball player Ty Cobb. A dirty son of a bitch hated by a lot of people including his teamates and coaches but the fire and the passion that animates them I will always admire and love.
He was there when needed. A really clutch player.

Reactions: Kimota

Steve Shutt

Don't Poke the Bear
May 31, 2007
Wish we had a young Claude Lemieux on our team in 2024. Maybe HuGo can find one in the draft

Shabs

Nov 16, 2017
I was at that game literally in the last row.

Lemieux would do anything to win.

I wish I could find the clip, but I remember he was in an episode of Joes vs. Pros and he even roughed up the contestants. Lol!

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
Common to win huge game and go on one of those rolls. Bonds the team or something.

Seen it several times not only '86 game 7 overtime win against Hartford. Suzuki overtime goal game 5 in Toronto. The 5 goal deficit comeback win against Orr and Bruins. Robinson overtime goal in Philly. Damphousee goal against Nordiques. Team gels or something.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad