TMU gets the 2024 University Cup

AUS Fan

Aug 1, 2008
At the Rink
That will be fun. I was there at Maple Leaf Gardens in 1997 when UNB lost to Guelph. Remember touring the Leafs dressing room with the UNB players and remarking how Spartan it was back then - quite the surprise.
I was there the same year working on the CIS team that played the US college guys in Detroit.
While you were looking at the Leafs room, me, Darrell and Al MacIssac were hobnobbing with the VIPs. Not sure how Al got in there as he was scouting for John Brophy in Hampton Roads.
Marlin Muylaert was coaching Guelph and I remember we went to his house to go over possible rosters.

Re: Dressing room - I had a similar thought when we were at the Joe and I saw the Wings room (US was using it).

Hollywood3

Bison/Jet/Moose Fan
May 12, 2007
Awesome. Best USports venue. Just hope they get more than 500 people in attendance because it will sound and look awful with nobody there.
I believe they will draw fans because it's always easy to get a flight to The Big Lemon. And Toronto has grads from all schools working there.

Reactions: Rob

FreddyFoyle

Mar 12, 2008
Fredericton, NB
I believe they will draw fans because it's always easy to get a flight to The Big Lemon. And Toronto has grads from all schools working there.
Back in 1997 there were hundreds of UNB alumni from southern Ontario who attended the championship game, plus those who made the trip from NB.

Reactions: Rob

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad