Proposal: TML acquiring a 1st round pick

MagicalRazor

Oct 25, 2016
Is there any way a realistic combination of these peices could acquire your teams first round pick looking for around 20-31 .

Leafs didnt pick in the first round in last draft but came out with some good players later on in the draft. We also won't be picking in the first round with our pick this year due to the Marleau trade. I would like to see the leafs pick in the first round this year. These are our only realasltic movable pieces for a 1st rounder. Pretty much any marlie player is also available.

Jeremy Bracco
Andreas Johnsson
Kasperi Kapanen
Nicholas Robertson
Travis Dermott
Adam Brooks
SDA
Kerfoot
Draft picks two 6th round picks , two 7th round picks, one 4th rounder

Last edited:

Mitch nylander

One of the biggest fans from a bipolar fanbase
Jun 2, 2016
Is there any way a realistic combination of these peices could acquire your teams first round pick looking for around 20-31 .

Leafs didnt pick in the first round last draft but came out with some good picks later on in the draft. We also won't be picking in the first round with our pick this year due to the Marleau trade. I would like to see the leafs pick in the first round this year. These are our only realasltic movable pieces for a 1st rounder. Pretty much any marlie player is also available.

Jeremy Bracco
Andreas Johnsson
Kasperi Kapanen
Nicholas Robertson
Travis Dermott
Adam Brooks

Nick Robertson what.

Are you crazy.

We'd be lucky to draft a player tracking as well as him for the late first he returns. For example, Mcmichael and maybe Bjornfot are the only players I take over Robertson in the 20-31 range from the last draft....
---
Why trade proven pieces like Dermott/Kapanen/Johnsson for a first when were contending man.

Last edited:

MagicalRazor

Oct 25, 2016
Nick Robertson what.

Are you crazy.
I dont see see him playing 3-4th line on the leafs and that's the only available opening for the next 5 years . Robertson would have to beat out Hyman, marner , Nylander ect for a spot to play where he deserves

Knies iT

Mar 6, 2015
Imagine listing Nick Robertson but not Kerfoot.

I dont see see him playing 3-4th line on the leafs and that's the only available opening for the next 5 years . Robertson would have to beat out Hyman, marner , Nylander ect for a spot to play where he deserves
The LW depth on the Leafs is Hyman, Johnsson (likely to be moved), Mikheyev (RW capable) and then a gaping black hole. He will be given every chance to be the organization's premiere left winger.

Rob and Kapanen will not be traded. The latter basically made himself untouchable after Clifford was brought in.

Reactions: Marner4Life

Flyer lurker

Feb 16, 2019

Leafs didnt pick in the first round in last draft but came out with some good players later on in the draft. We also won't be picking in the first round with our pick this year due to the Marleau trade. I would like to see the leafs pick in the first round this year. These are our only realasltic movable pieces for a 1st rounder. Pretty much any marlie player is also available.

Jeremy Bracco
Andreas Johnsson
Kasperi Kapanen
Nicholas Robertson
Travis Dermott
Adam Brooks
SDA
Kerfoot

Bracco pass
Johnsson pre injury pick 25-30 about right. After injury I would have doubts.
Kap- For sure yes and as Flyers fan I'll give 1 and 2 for Kap right now.
Kerfoot- No
Robertson - YEP
Dermott you don't trade cheap D men against the cap
SDA- honestly dont know enough of.
Brooks- ditto

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
Nick Robertson what.

Are you crazy.

We'd be lucky to draft a player tracking as well as him for the late first he returns. For example, Mcmichael and maybe Bjornfot are the only players I take over Robertson in the 20-31 range from the last draft....
---
Why trade proven pieces like Dermott/Kapanen/Johnsson for a first when were contending man.

Mcmichael porbably has the edge because of size. Bjornfoot had a pretty decent year in the AHL for a draft +1 guy but I probably wouldn't make that swap (seems like a Liljegren type prospect)

55g in 46 games is pretty crazy. Thats an 80g full season pace (68 games)

I think the leafs will move a couple forwards. Kerfoot and Johnsson would be my guess.
Robertson will be the full time LWer alongside Matthews or JT by Oct 2021

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Arizona gets to keep their 1st in this draft if they win one of the three lotteries. Happily build a package around that pick for Matthews. Start with pick 1/2/3 & OEL for Matthews. Add a little from there.

The Moose is Loose

Jun 28, 2017
St.Louis
Kapanen could get a first.

I’m not sure another team would give up a 1st for Robertson. He’s worth more to the leafs than another team.

I don’t think anyone else listed a team would give up a 1st for.
I don’t see why it’s that vital for the leafs to get a 1st anyways they’re competing now.

Sundin92

Jan 25, 2020
Teams with Great young cores and talent usually don't need first round picks. I mean picks 20-31 are guys that can take anywhere from 3-4 years to actually start making an impact.

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
I’d give Edm 1st + Kharia for Kapanen + late pick

ha. terrible.

a flyers fan above would do 1+2 for kap but you want kapanen+ a 3rd for a 1st and a warm body? pass

Lavoie+1st for Kapanen straight up would be a start

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
Teams with Great young cores and talent usually don't need first round picks. I mean picks 20-31 are guys that can take anywhere from 3-4 years to actually start making an impact.
agreed. Leafs have some guys that are almost ready too lile Sandin,Liljegren, and Robertson.

pick 25 that may play for the team in 2024 doesnt really do much unless its an asset used to get D help

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
Kap + two 4ths for Tampa 1st?

So you are essentially valuing Kap at a mid 2nd then?

Kapanen has a lot more value than a pick in the 29-31 range. there is literally one guy in that range the last 7 years thats even close to kaps value and thats jokiharju. 1 dude who is about even, 20 that are worse

it would take that pick + Merkley

MagicalRazor

Oct 25, 2016
There's 3 really good big RHD in that range in this deep draft . We are going to need to shed salary as well .

themelkman

Always Delivers
Apr 26, 2015
Calgary, Alberta
So you are essentially valuing Kap at a mid 2nd then?

Kapanen has a lot more value than a pick in the 29-31 range. there is literally one guy in that range the last 7 years thats even close to kaps value and thats jokiharju. 1 dude who is about even, 20 that are worse

it would take that pick + Merkley
Let me spell this out for you, you know how you value Sandin? Consider that Merkley for us, so no we arent trading that and a first for a middle six winger scoring 50 points. We have our own Kapanen named Labanc so we have a decent idea of value, I would say probably a pick in the 20-25 range, but yes 28 would maybe need an add from our side, but not an elite D prospect.

Reactions: DingDongCharlie

sittler rules!!!

Feb 9, 2004

Jeremy Bracco
Andreas Johnsson
Kasperi Kapanen
Nicholas Robertson
Travis Dermott
Adam Brooks
SDA
Kerfoot
NO

sittler rules!!!

Feb 9, 2004
Nick Robertson what.

Are you crazy.

---
Contending? Really?

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002

Jeremy Bracco
Andreas Johnsson
Kasperi Kapanen
Nicholas Robertson
Travis Dermott
Adam Brooks
SDA
Kerfoot
Robertson, Dermott and Kapanen should come off the list.
Johnsson should have been moved with Marleau as the sweetener instead of the 1st.
Agree with the premise though, a first in this draft would be nice.

Jerkbait

Dec 12, 2019

Jeremy Bracco
Andreas Johnsson
Kasperi Kapanen
Nicholas Robertson
Travis Dermott
Adam Brooks
SDA
Kerfoot
While it would be nice to have a first round pick....the leafs are only a few pcs removed from being a very serious contender. They need D . They are in a win now mode almost. Some if those PCs are going for d help...and wait for it..cap space to sign free agent d

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
Bracco pass
Johnsson pre injury pick 25-30 about right. After injury I would have doubts.
Kap- For sure yes and as Flyers fan I'll give 1 and 2 for Kap right now.
Kerfoot- No
Robertson - YEP
Dermott you don't trade cheap D men against the cap
SDA- honestly dont know enough of.
Brooks- ditto

you also dont trade a 1st for a Dman (or any player) if you dont plan on protecting him in the 21 ED.

The only playeron there that might get a 1st is Kapanen. Such a 1st would be in the 23-31 range in a straight up deal.

Reactions: Flyer lurker

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016
Nick Robertson what.

Are you crazy.

---

Contending for what? A playoff spot? Certainly not for the cup.. right? Right!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad