Tlusty or Frolic?

Nalyd Psycho

Feb 27, 2002
No Bandwagon
Visit site
Tlusty, Frolik is what I view as a con-prospect. His promise hooks you in, makes you believe that he could be something special, but deep down you know that promise ios one that'll never be kept. Tlusty may never be a 1st liner, but he has so much better of a chance to be an impact player than Frolik, that it just doesn't matter.

nuck

Schrodingers Cat
Aug 18, 2005
Frolik has been so badly overmatched playing with the big boys I can't get a handle on him. 5 goals in 75 games with Kladno. He might skate like he belongs but he doesn't convert. 1 assist in the world Juniors. To put that in perspective, Krejci and Pohl were the leading scorers for the Czech junior Nats and neither managed 30 goals as 19 year olds in the QMJHL. I would not use a top 15 pick on him in this draft. I would need to see him playing in a league he could handle, against players his own age. It really seems like he left the Juniors a year early. Right now he looks probably a lot like Jiri Novotny or Jakub Klepis looked in their draft years and that's not a good thing. He could be a lot better than any of the young Czech players I just mentioned and maybe if he were playing Junior in North America like Hemsky did his draft year it would show. Right now, does anyone think his choice to jump to the Senior team and stay there has helped his developement?

turnbuckle*

Every scout I've talked to I've asked directly which they prefer. All said Tlusty.

Iceman78

Jan 6, 2006
Bayonne, NJ
I'd take Jiri Tlusty; I think at the worst, he'll be a great checking forward, or at best, a great first line winger. Frolik, on the other hand, will either turn out to be one of the 3 best from this draft and an absolute dynamo... or will not even make the NHL. For safety alone, Tlusty is the better pick.

sarcastro

Jul 28, 2005
I would take Frolik. I'd want a shot at the next great European scorer over the next really good European second liner. And I wouldn't want to be the answer to the trivia question "Which idiot GM passed on Frolik for a player that is not nearly as skilled but seemed like more of a sure thing at the time?" From what I hear, Frolik's season was not as bad as some sources have made it out to be. And I've heard nothing about Tlusty that suggests he'll be a star - everyone says he's a jack of all trades, nothing exceptional, etc. I want exceptional from a pick that high.

JMHO. :dunno:

Blind Gardien

nexus of the crisis
Apr 2, 2004
Four Winds Bar
Tlusty looked like a better player to my eyes. And he is ranked higher by just about everybody. So I couldn't help but take Tlusty. Nevertheless, it's interesting to see how many people will just keep hoping that Frolik lives up to his previous hype and are apparently willing to keep swinging for the fences.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad