Confirmed with Link: Timothy Liljegren signed to a 2 year extension (AAV of 1.4M)

therealkoho

Him/Leaf/fan
Jul 10, 2009
the Prior
Players salaries are usually based off production. If players got paid based on work ethic, heart and intangibles, then grinders would get paid more. You brought up the comparison so I was curious and compared their production. Hyman was fed top line minutes with Matthews and Nylander from day 1 and Kap and AJ both out produced him on the 3rd line for example.

If Dubas got fired today, I could care less. I know you have posted that you think myself and others "love Dubas more than the team". Ive told ya before that when I usually post in these threads it's because something has been posted that I disagree with. If it's something I agree with, I will drop a like or just keep on scrolling. Right now Dubas is the GM, so he is always in the discussion. If Lou was still GM for example, I would defend him if I see a post I disagree with.

There have been a bunch of moves Dubas has made that I disagreed with in his tenure. I've also had some skepticism the past couple offseasons based on where we lie with the cap and how we were going to improve but then we still manage to put together a good roster. For example we lost our entire 3rd line of Kadri, Kap and AJ due to the cap and yet we still put together one of the best 3rd lines in the league by scraping the bottom of the barrel. We have also managed to put together a stronger D core the last few years. Our goaltending was a big question mark last year and Campbell had an all star season. Mrazek was junk though as well as not being healthy all year. Our goaltending remains an even bigger question mark this year, which has me very skeptical, but like I said we've been surprised before.

All these challenges and we've still had a franchise record setting season this year. We also looked like a different team in these playoffs and took the back to back Champs to the brink. In the end it was another 1st round exit. Dubas' tenure has been a mixed bag and if he gets fired after this season if we go out in the 1st round, I'm on board with cleaning house. Most of our playoff failures I do lay most of the blame on the players as they just didn't show up and ultimately it's on them to get the job done.

Players get paid on a number of things including points but i guess since your a loyal Dubas supporter you don't also
value hard work/heart and intangibles among other attributes , i guess that's why you and the Dube believe getting knocked out early again is a success.

From the CBA;
PERFORMANCE BONUSES

What players may earn in performance bonuses?

Performance bonuses will only be permissible for the following types of players: (1) players on entry-level contracts; (2) players signing one-year contracts after returning from long-term injuries (players with 400 or more games who spent 100 or more days on injured reserve in the last year of their most recent contract); and senior veteran players who sign a one-year contract after the age of 35.

Knies iT

Mar 6, 2015
that's a fact Jack . lol

yup Lou did nothing , it's all Dubas , lol

and i love how he put us in a horror show cap wise with all his overpayments/cap anchors , Tavares/Muzzin/Mzarek - 20m in overpaid players or cap anchors

I like LIlly and believe he has upside but he's 23 and has played less than 80 games so it's funny how some are praising Dubie for what should been an easy and straight forward negotiation , i'm guessing Dubies supporters were expecting him to get bent again . lol
You never actually answer the question though. Just passive aggressive deflection.

Breakdown what Lou built and what he brought in via trade/FA that was so foundational. You can start with Andersen, what else?

kb

Aug 28, 2009
You never actually answer the question though. Just passive aggressive deflection.

Breakdown what Lou built and what he brought in via trade/FA that was so foundational. You can start with Andersen, what else?
He has what he always has. Nothing. Lou did a good teardown, then he realized he was in over his head on the building side and bailed before he had to deal with his messes.

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario
What explains Lyubushkin absolutely sucking as a crease clearer and guy along the boards in the playoffs? That is supposed to be his "thing", and he was struggling in the exact role that he was expected to fill.

The depth chart should have been Holl/Liljegren > Lyubushkin. That was the mistake Keefe made, especially since he wasn't really trusting Lyubushkin very often anyways, and the only time he looked decent was with Rielly.
Holl was terrible in front of the net various times vs Tampa.

Messed up on the game 6 OT Goal

Matter as fact a lot of our defenders couldn't play defense on 1 on 1s either

Giordano got destroyed by cirelli and then brodie with some horrific defense on Paul on the 2-1 goal

The defense sold that series more than Campbell or the forwards.

Just low IQ defending and not being able to stay in front of tampa's secondary and tertiary offensive weapons

He has what he always has. Nothing. Lou did a good teardown, then he realized he was in over his head on the building side and bailed before he had to deal with his messes.
There was literally no messed that Lou had when he was our GM?

The Marleau anchor as its called wasn't to be a contract that required a 1st to move until we signed JT.

Sure Lou could've f***ed the future up. It's possible as he's not a guy known for accumulating future talent that well

However he hadn't messed the future when he left. Dubas depending I'm how the JT era fares might have.

hotpaws

Nov 21, 2009

I've listed Lou's good and bad moves endlessly , do you think if i wasted my time doing it again it would make any difference in the discussion ?

Lou did extremely good tearing it down and tanking for last which led to the lottery win and our franchise player , he also got us a solid starting G both of which i've been told were no brainer moves unlike Dubas who gets praised for not trading M and M when he took over , lol ,

what i find funny is Lou gets bashed for trading a couple of 2nds for Boyle/Turtle neck Hab yet Dubas who trades picks like he was giving out Halloween candy including trading a 1st plus plus for a washed up Foligno is a genius .

Reactions: Jmo89 and ToneDog

Zybalto

Dec 28, 2012
xGF% top 10 ranking among the 177 dmen with 750+ 5v5 minutes this season:

1. McAvoy
2. Grzelcyk
3. Liljegren
4. Reilly
5. Sandin
6. Ekblad
7. Toews
8. Makar
9. Weegar
10. Slavin

Certainly not in the QoC level of others on the list but it would be incredible to get both signed to cheap bridges.

LeafsOHLRangers98

Jun 13, 2017
xGF% top 10 ranking among the 177 dmen with 750+ 5v5 minutes this season:

1. McAvoy
2. Grzelcyk
3. Liljegren
4. Reilly
5. Sandin
6. Ekblad
7. Toews
8. Makar
9. Weegar
10. Slavin

Certainly not in the QoC level of others on the list but it would be incredible to get both signed to cheap bridges.
What's even more encouraging is that Liljegren was on 4 of the top 17 pairings this season in relation to this. Plays well regardless of who his partner is for the most part. Needs more consistent goaltending in his minutes but he's a really good player.

Reactions: stickty111

Leafidelity

Best Sport/Worst League
Apr 6, 2008
Downtown Canada
Came across this today. Of the top 30 defensive pairings of last season. Liljegren was part of 4 of them

23k8pgxb56d91.jpg

613Leafer

May 26, 2008
It's obviously good that Liljegren's name shows up a bunch on this chart, but it is a very flawed/simple analysis. Sandin-Dermott for example isn't remotely close to the 5th best defensive duo in the league, despite showing up 5th on here.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad