Jimmy Firecracker

Fire Sheldon.
Mar 30, 2010
Mississauga
Liljegren went off against Philly.

IMG_5768.jpeg

arso40

Jun 7, 2022
he has room to improve for sure but so does everyone brodie and mccabe i dont like together a smart move would have been to move brodie cause he should be 7th d and hes too expensive to play that role

arso40

Jun 7, 2022
There is not 6 better defensemen on this team. Certainly aren’t 3 that are better on the right side. If he gets scratched in the playoffs Keefe is beyond help.
It's crazy to think that ppl wouldn't agree with a factual and obvious statement

Cap'n Flavour

Mar 8, 2004
Flavour Country
I've been generally satisfied with regular season Liljegren but he was absolutely godawful in the playoffs. Worst Leafs defender by a mile. Edmundson was also bad but not nearly as much and did okay away from Liljegren; they were just a disaster together. They got the easiest third pair minutes and couldn't handle them at all. There were numerous instances in game 7 where Liljegren got walked around or through by freaking JVR. Curiously most of them came with Liljegren on the left side, which is particularly baffling considering the shortage of RHD on the team.

Reactions: ACC1224

DarkKnight

Professional Amateur
Jan 17, 2017
Move on from this guy already, he's simply doesn't have any hockey IQ under pressure. Mindless panic passes, ZERO poise and his idea of board win is a draw. It amazes me how weak he is, last night old man JVR made him his beotch the entire night, it was embarrassing. Edmundson bails him out every game, he simply isn't good enough and his inability to process a play and slow it down was an accident waiting to happen. A puck mover who can't move a puck. We didn't really have a better 6 option, but we better find one. This guy ain't it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad