Prospect Info: Timothy Liljegren Leafs top pick in 2017 - Part II (Continued)

Mr Hockey

Toronto
May 11, 2017
Man, so this kid's Sam Gagner appears to be David Rundblad. People who compare them probably haven't watched either.

Where he ends up will be dictated by camp and what Rogle's intentions are with him when we discuss sending him back.

I personly don't think he is ready for the AHL this year, my opinion.

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
I personly don't think he is ready for the AHL this year, my opinion.
It all depends on training camp and how he looks there. He has a full off-season and will come in healthy. Rogle is a bit of a mess and no chance we send him to Niagra. Our ECHL team is not an option as it hasn't been set up for development. That makes the choice between Rogle (who have a terrible track record of playing youth) and the Marlies. He's physically ready to play, he's quite stocky and his speed/lateral mobility is explosive.

saltming

Fan Addict
Oct 6, 2015
Other
Could potentially be 2 defenseman needed if they bury Marchenko (I would he's a plug)

Rielly Hainsey
Gardiner Zaitsev
Marincin Carrick

Fill in the gaps for #7D and #8D
Although it's not ideal to have young guys getting press boxed consistently

He still has to prove it but I think Dermott will be more consistent that marincin.
Dermott Carrick 3rd pairing to start would be interesting to see.

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
He still has to prove it but I think Dermott will be more consistent that marincin.
Dermott Carrick 3rd pairing to start would be interesting to see.

I'd probably split the two kids up but I wouldn't mind them both in the top 6

TheGoldenJet

Apr 2, 2008
Coquitlam, BC
It all depends on training camp and how he looks there. He has a full off-season and will come in healthy. Rogle is a bit of a mess and no chance we send him to Niagra. Our ECHL team is not an option as it hasn't been set up for development. That makes the choice between Rogle (who have a terrible track record of playing youth) and the Marlies. He's physically ready to play, he's quite stocky and his speed/lateral mobility is explosive.

I've seen a lot of Liljegren. He will be ready for a second pairing role in the AHL come September.

hockeywiz542

May 26, 2008

lou lamoriello says toronto’s first-rounder, timothy liljegren, will either play in the swedish pro league or with the marlies this season.

You have to believe the marlies is the best choice here, although liljegren is very close with his mom back home.

the defenceman admitted this week that it was difficult getting accustomed to the small north american ice. His career would be better served by playing in toronto, where he can be overseen by the club that drafted him, skate on nhl-sized rinks, be forced to learn a more physical brand of hockey, and spend more time with skating coach barb underhill.

“some stuff is totally new for me, so it’s hard to translate them into the game right away,†liljegren said. “i’m really trying to get away from my crossovers — to go backwards in a straight line instead of doing crossovers.â€

Mitchy

#HFOutcasts
Jul 12, 2012
The Citadel
Man, so this kid's Sam Gagner appears to be David Rundblad. People who compare them probably haven't watched either.

Where he ends up will be dictated by camp and what Rogle's intentions are with him when we discuss sending him back.

We need to honour the tradition and compare him to another Oiler bust.

Make Gagner, Schremp, Paajarvi proud.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad