Recalled/Assigned: Timothy Liljegren and Teemu Kivihalme

Status
Not open for further replies.

qqaz

Think Happy Thoughts
Oct 25, 2018
Kivihalme was pretty invisible during pre-season. I don't imagine he will lace them up for an actual game unless we lost 3 more defenders.

With all the cap space that LTIR is giving us, it's probably a nothing move. As already mentioned, just a gesture to give the guys an NHL pay bump.

Lil Tuzzi Bert

Slaw Bunnies
Jul 14, 2009
TVA
Kivihalme was pretty invisible during pre-season. I don't imagine he will lace them up for an actual game unless we lost 3 more defenders.

With all the cap space that LTIR is giving us, it's probably a nothing move. As already mentioned, just a gesture to give the guys an NHL pay bump.
Think that was a comfortability thing in preseason. He’s looked great with Marlies especially as of late and is being raved about on Twitter and radio.

Last edited:

Teeder Keon

Defeat does not rest lightly on their shoulders
Mar 11, 2019
Deep in the Purple jungles of BC
Programs...get your program. Can't tell who's where without a program.
upload_2019-12-30_8-54-3.jpeg

Leafidelity

Best Sport/Worst League
Apr 6, 2008
Downtown Canada
I wonder if these moves are made just to get these guys a few days of NHL pay.

If I had to hazard a guess, I think Liljegren has taxi'd enough that he'll get a look soon. On the other hand, I think Kivihalme is just getting the fantasy camp treatment that a lot of Marlies have been getting before getting a look.

Reactions: supermann_98

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario
Man why isnt lilijgren getting any games? Statistically hes having his best season in the AHL and posters who follow marlies games are generally confident about his ability to handle bottom pairing minutes in the NHL right now.

Playing a scrub like Marincin doesnt make sense to me. The guy has been trash for 5+ years in this organization. We need to reward our youth when injuries come and give them shots to play games.

I wish we could see a defense like

Rielly-Barrie
Dermott-Holl
Ceci-lilijgren

Let Ceci play the offside on the bottom pair. Wont impact his game nearly as much as if he were playing top minutes and gives lilijgren a spot to get games in and let's us see how ready he is and where he needs to improve for the future.

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
Man why isnt lilijgren getting any games? Statistically hes having his best season in the AHL and posters who follow marlies games are generally confident about his ability to handle bottom pairing minutes in the NHL right now.

Playing a scrub like Marincin doesnt make sense to me. The guy has been trash for 5+ years in this organization. We need to reward our youth when injuries come and give them shots to play games.

Rielly-Barrie
Dermott-Holl
Ceci-lilijgren

Let Ceci play the offside on the bottom pair. Wont impact his game nearly as much as if he were playing top minutes and gives lilijgren a spot to get games in and let's us see how ready he is and where he needs to improve for the future.
Patience, that time is coming.

LeafsOHLRangers98

Jun 13, 2017

Rielly-Barrie
Dermott-Holl
Ceci-lilijgren

Ceci is already a tirefire without having to play his off-side. I wouldn't want to saddle him with Liljegren in that situation.

LD can play their off-sides much better because most of them have to do it growing up due to a lack of right shots. RD very rarely have too and it usually turns out pretty ugly.

We're likely trying to move Ceci and healthy scratching him will lower his trade value. So for now our only option is to play him until we find a partner. Hopefully Winnipeg likes what they see..

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
Kivi coming on the road.

I guess Liljegren is just getting bonuses lol

Just the one extra? Is Johnsson off LTIR and ready to play again?

If he was still on LTIR I'd have thought we could carry a full contingent of players to Minnesota

sxvnert

Nov 23, 2015
Timothy Liljegren should be in instead of Marincin. Its the perfect time to get him reps before the playoffs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad