Time to call out Elias Pettersson

viper0220

Oct 10, 2008
We all have been shitting on Mitch”in” Marner but we need to call a spade a spade and call out Elias Pettersson.

Elias Pettersson Has been garbage these playoffs. Is he injured? Are there any personal problems that Elias Pettersson has? What is up with Elias Pettersson?

He has been horrible, he needs to be better. What gives with Elias Pettersson?

Grifter3511

Nov 3, 2009
Doesn't help that he plays with try hard 3rd liners at best. EP definitely looks like dogshit out there and I have no idea if it is injuries, his mercurial nature, or something else. What I do know is that he is talented enough that when he is on, he can elevate his linemates considerably, and when he is off, his linemates do NOT have the ability to elevate him.

kingsholygrail

We've made progress - Robitaille
Sponsor
Dec 21, 2006
Derpifornia
Yeah! f*** that guy!
1506397679997.gif

Reactions: Xirik

TheTechNoir

fall 2021 bull, probably
Feb 18, 2013
Canucks winning 2-1, no ?

That is correct. But that record is all over the place, as are the other series match-ups.
I'm under the impression that this thread is about Elias Pettersson and his play-off acumen, not a comparison of who is winning between the Canucks vs Nashville in their series, based on win-loss record.

Reactions: M2Beezy

rypper

21-12-05 it's finally over.
Dec 22, 2006
He's not scoring like expected... but he's not hurting the team either.

Reactions: DamonDRW

eviohh26

Dec 19, 2017
Victoria BC Canada
I've never been high on Petterson, he always reminded me of the Leafs forward group tbh. Flashy regular season point getter but kind of a p***y come playoff time
He has been in the playoffs once in the bubble and did fine. He also lays the body so its weird to call him a p***y.

He has been struggling for months. A lot of the fanbase has been calling him out. He needs to shoot the damn puck. His skating looks labored . Not trying to make any excuses for the guy, he needs to perform. But he does look like he is fighting an injury of some sort . His skating is a step behind usual.

Bobby9

Feb 10, 2019
This thread was made for me.

Spent the last 6 months telling fellow Canuck fans that he is soft, not determined and overpaid at 11.6M.

They don’t wanna listen. Excuses are:

- It’s his wrist
- He needs a psychiatrist
- It’s his line mates.
- It’s just a slump
- He was good in the bubble 4 years ago

He has v high end skill but is built for Harlem Globetrotters type of games.

eviohh26

Dec 19, 2017
Victoria BC Canada
This thread was made for me.

Spent the last 6 months telling fellow Canuck fans that he is soft, not determined and overpaid at 11.6M.

They don’t wanna listen. Excuses are:

- It’s his wrist
- He needs a psychiatrist
- It’s his line mates.
- It’s just a slump
- He was good in the bubble 4 years ago

He has v high end skill but is built for Harlem Globetrotters type of games.

-He did have a wrist injury. The season after that injury he put up 100+
-Maybe he does need a psychiatrist . Who knows
-For a player that can put up 100 and 90 point seasons he probably does have some of the worst linemates
-Everyone slumps but this is bigger than a slump
-He was good in the bubble so?

There is something up with Pettersson this year. For the last half of the season he looks like he doesn't care. His game has fallen off a cliff. None of us know why. But we have seen what he has been capable of doing before so there is a lot of speculation .

Reactions: MarkusNaslund19

TheTechNoir

fall 2021 bull, probably
Feb 18, 2013
-He did have a wrist injury. The season after that injury he put up 100+
-Maybe he does need a psychiatrist . Who knows
-For a player that can put up 100 and 90 point seasons he probably does have some of the worst linemates
-Everyone slumps but this is bigger than a slump
-He was good in the bubble so?

There is something up with Pettersson this year. For the last half of the season he looks like he doesn't care. His game has fallen off a cliff. None of us know why. But we have seen what he has been capable of doing before so there is a lot of speculation .

"-Maybe he does need a psychiatrist . Who knows"
Yep. He absolutely may; but none of us know that, and to even have reasonable probable cause to suspect that, you'd think he would need to be pretty outspoken about it and/or you'd need to be close to the team, or him.

MarkusNaslund19

Dec 28, 2005
The true mouth breathers always pop out of the woodwork, barely able to contain their excitement, when there’s a chance to shit on a good young player.

NHL players are people. They have good stretches and bad stretches.

We have seen Petey play better, he is slumping and in his head. Is he also hurt? Perhaps.

Have you ever played any sport at a level of high competition? If so, you have probably noticed that sometimes you are better than others.

He’s a young man and he’s figuring out playoff hockey.

Btw he went over a point a game in the bubble playing Minnesota, the defending cup champ Blues, and Vegas on an underdog.

But none of that matters because “hurr durr u didn’t score 2day XD”.

Get a grip.

I can see people calling out some of the leafs stars as it’s been like 7 years of this.

Doesn’t mean they are bad people, but maybe the mix is wrong.

But Petey, at 25, is on a team in the playoffs with home ice and road ice situations for the first time (I.e. not bubble), and his team is winning the series without their superstar goaltender.

Ftr, the Canucks fan who said this thread is made for him has literally exhausted every other fan on the forum with his dull and u supported rhetoric on this topic.

He thinks we need to deal him immediately before his contract becomes and albatross.

That’s who this thread was “made for”.

Szechwan

Sep 13, 2006
We all have been shitting on Mitch”in” Marner but we need to call a spade a spade and call out Elias Pettersson.

Elias Pettersson Has been garbage these playoffs. Is he injured? Are there any personal problems that Elias Pettersson has? What is up with Elias Pettersson?

This is dumb OP.

EP put up 19 pts in 20gp in his first and only playoff run. That's exceptional.

We are 3 game into this series and he has struggled to produce, sure, but Marchessault was pointless in his first 5 playoff games last year and won the Conn Smythe. Way too premature.

mdobbs

Oct 21, 2010
Pettersson has been slumping for months. He’s not playing well but it’s not a playoff thing

Marner was putting up bunches of points until the playoffs starts when he begins his annual suckage

Reactions: Regal

lawrence

May 19, 2012

He’s lead the team during the 2020 playoffs unlike Mitch.

That being said.

Pettersson is playing like shit, and we know it. I don’t think he’s injured though, it he’s struggling like hell. Yes we know.

viper0220

Oct 10, 2008
This is dumb OP.

EP put up 19 pts in 20gp in his first and only playoff run. That's exceptional.

We are 3 game into this series and he has struggled to produce, sure, but Marchessault was pointless in his first 5 playoff games last year and won the Conn Smythe. Way too premature.

To be fair I was talking about these playoffs.

• Haha
Reactions: WetcoastOrca

nuxnux1

Oct 17, 2022
Small sample, he was fine in the bubble playoff also, if he posts 7-8 duds like the core 4 we can start calling him out

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad