Time to assume the Bruins will play Tampa Bay in Round 1

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
Yes we ranked GMs and I said what 8-10 range? That’s appropriate for someone who hasn’t won anything. Also you still didn’t answer the question.

So if the team has the exact same issues under three different coaches… it’s the coaches fault?

Or is the guy assembling the teams and hiring the coaches fault?

#1 in points in regular season over the past decade and the only team in the top 5 of points without a cup. He’s built a soft team that chokes in big moments. Repeatedly.

Just asking how many championship winning coaches we have to fire before we start looking at the GM.

Also please add krug to your list of guys I would have traded.
I would ask a serious person what the going forward strategy would be with a new GM/direction, but you would say trade Marchand as a first move so it’s not going to get a serious answer. Or maybe you’d be one of the many many people on here who this summer was calling for a tank job.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
I think it’s 6.25 % chance of winning Cup so nearly 94 % chance of failure

Celtics are a favorite to win NBA title, Bruins could with a week left can still finish first overall - the Red Sox on a 10 game road trip have the lowest starters era in 20 years- the Pstriots resigned a significant player to their defense

And Marc Bertrand lands on the Trevor Story injury to discuss what a bad deal it is

Huh

I personally think Bertrand is as useless as tits on a bull but why can’t Boston have one show that’s not trolling or geared to Tom from Quincy and the other 14 people that call every day?

only Zo, Hardy and Rich Keefe aren’t trolls

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
I would ask a serious person what the going forward strategy would be with a new GM/direction, but you would say trade Marchand as a first move so it’s not going to get a serious answer. Or maybe you’d be one of the many many people on here who this summer was calling for a tank job.
Thank you for the reminder that I’ve been saying trade bergeron, krejci and Marchand for 3+ years because they will never win with them again.

As you well know I’ve been saying trade them for young assets and build around pasta/mcavoy.

Now 3+ years later we still haven’t won and don’t have any of those assets to show for anything.

I appreciate you reminding me that I was right about them being cashed and not winning with that group.

Last edited:

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
Thank you for the reminder that I’ve been saying trade bergeron, krejci and Marchand for 3+ years because they will never win with them again.

As you well know I’ve been saying trade them for young assets and build around pasta/mcavoy.

Now 3+ years later we still haven’t won and don’t have any of those assets to show for anything.

I appreciate you reminding me that I was right about them being cashed and not winning with that group.
So if I were to say the Bruins should trade off Pasta, McAvoy, Swayman, Zacha, and Carlo for futures and tank and the Bruins don’t win the Cup in the next 4-5 years I can come back here and post that I was right?

Reactions: Carl Hungus

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
So if I were to say the Bruins should trade off Pasta, McAvoy, Swayman, Zacha, and Carlo for futures and tank and the Bruins don’t win the Cup in the next 4-5 years I can come back here and post that I was right?

Would be a vastly different scenario but if you wanted to say that and it happened then yes.

Reactions: Gordoff

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
Look alot for Kucherov and hit to hurt be my advice.Let him cruise around unimpeded then you might end up going home early .It all starts and ends with him for Tampa far as offense goes.

Hairz

Mar 22, 2011
Dartmouth, NS
Before the deadline, I would have favored the Bruins. I really like what TB did by adding Duclair and Dumba. IMO, they had one of the best trade deadlines (behind LV & Car).

Dumba gives grit and hard to play against. Duclair is close to a PPG with TB and has great speed.

My gut tells me TB in 6 - but the B's have been proving me wrong all year.

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
Not really. I decide what I think the GM should do, and they don’t do it. Since they don’t win the Cup, I am proven correct. That’s how you see things, and I think it’s garbage.

You’re entitled to your opinion as am I. I just wouldn’t start conversations saying how another person was right while also calling their opinion garbage. But do you thing.

However you still haven’t answered my question.

How is Shanahan on the hot seat of the leafs don’t win a playoff series but Sweeney had to miss the playoffs to be on the hot seat. Why the double standard?

You claim you answered my question multiple times but you haven’t even really come close. My question is not just Sweeney, it’s just as much about Shanahan and you just go off trying to protect Sweeney at all costs each time.

Last edited:

SwayHeyKid

Living by faith, not by sight.
Mar 14, 2022
Bruins play-off series wins under Sweeney

2018- Atlantic Div 3 seed
2019- Atlantic Div 3 seed, WC2, WC1
2020- 12th seed (Covid)
2021- East division 2 seed (Covid)

1 DNQ, 3 First round exits.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002

we are lucky to have such insight although if you having to be right goes beyond a hockey message board I think I’ll be right saying you won’t get very far professionally or relationships

Congrats though for knowing Blues would win game 7 and Marchand would not score on breakaway end up game 5 - and there would be a weird stick deflection in game 7 v Florida

You can make a killing as a psychic they get I’ve heard up to $200 an hour for a reading

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
You’re entitled to your opinion as am I. I just wouldn’t start conversations saying how another person was right while also calling their opinion garbage. But do you thing.

However you still haven’t answered my question.

How is Shanahan on the hot seat of the leafs don’t win a playoff series but Sweeney had to miss the playoffs to be on the hot seat. Why the double standard?

You claim you answered my question multiple times but you haven’t even really come close. My question is not just Sweeney, it’s just as much about Shanahan and you just go off trying to protect Sweeney at all costs each time.
Shanahan isn’t the GM. He’s now on his 4th GM and soon to be his 4th coach most likely. I don’t know what the point of the comparison is, especially because the Bruins have had a lot more success than the Leafs since 2014.

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
we are lucky to have such insight although if you having to be right goes beyond a hockey message board I think I’ll be right saying you won’t get very far professionally or relationships
Very ironic coming from you

This might be the ultimate pot calling the kettle black scenario.

• Wow

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Very ironic coming from you

This might be the ultimate pot calling the kettle black scenario.
lol

I am rarely right

From Vancouver in 5 to Bruins winning Cup in 23 to Jared Knight having a Ryan Callahan type of career to Bruins 7th this season at 98 points

If I had the time to delete all my bad takes and keep the good ones msybe I would agree with you but I don’t want to waste the rest of 2024

I’m here for entertainment and learn a few things

mikelvl

Aug 6, 2009
Newton, MA
So it’s just blame the coaches each time then?
Nope, but I feel like he's done a good job in procuring talent for the big league club given that fact that this is somewhat of a bridge year. Monty screwed up during the playoffs last year and he wore it. That doesn't mean 'each time'. It was obvious. We'll see what happens this year. Both the coach and GM can do a good job this year and they still may be knocked out if the opponents players play better than the B's players.

Reactions: Over the volcano

mikelvl

Aug 6, 2009
Newton, MA
He does his job every year, which is have regular season success, but that unfortunately does not result in playoff success. Shattenkirk has been in and out the lineup all year, and JVR like pointed out has done a complete fade, I like Wortherspoon, who I like has not even played 40 games, Boqvist you can put in the same category, but I will admit I think will turnout to be a positive in the future, Brazeau was a shot in the dark he has only played 15 games, Heinen who I am not a fan of has played well but it remains to be seen what his playoff production will be and that is what these posts are about "PLAYOFFS " You did fail to mention Geekie great pick up. Now we are use to these kind of solid regular seasons, while we wait for the results of another playoff year. I am not calling for Sweeney to be fired just yet, but to be honest I have in the past and I believe rightfully so, so now we wait, for our playoff results and Sweeney can can only wait now and hope for better results this year. Offseason will be the real test for Sweeneys employment future, how is he going to handle all this cap space. I love the playoffs great time of year, but this offseason, will be watched with great anticipation.

Not Lauko, JVR...........
Good point on Geekie. Kudos to the actual scouts who recommended him.

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
Nope, but I feel like he's done a good job in procuring talent for the big league club given that fact that this is somewhat of a bridge year. Monty screwed up during the playoffs last year and he wore it. That doesn't mean 'each time'. It was obvious. We'll see what happens this year. Both the coach and GM can do a good job this year and they still may be knocked out if the opponents players play better than the B's players.

What exactly did montgomery do to screw up last year?

The bruins were up 3-1 in the series. Had a tie game going into the 3rd of game 5. Then had 3rd periods leads in game 6 and 7 where they ended up losing.

How is that Montgomerys fault as opposed to the players choking it way?

SwayHeyKid

Living by faith, not by sight.
Mar 14, 2022
What exactly did montgomery do to screw up last year?

The bruins were up 3-1 in the series. Had a tie game going into the 3rd of game 5. Then had 3rd periods leads in game 6 and 7 where they ended up losing.

How is that Montgomerys fault as opposed to the players choking it way?
It's not, if you are going to blame the coach then you need to blame the GM as well. The players choked. Not sure why it's taboo to say that.

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown
It's not, if you are going to blame the coach then you need to blame the GM as well. The players choked. Not sure why it's taboo to say that.
That sounds more like blaming the coach and players.

If you think the players "choked" then you're assuming they have more talent than their performance showed. A GM can only put together the talent.

In defense of Montgomery - everything he did all year worked just about every time. There was no real way of expecting that it wouldn't continue.

goldnblack

Jun 24, 2020
I think it’s 6.25 % chance of winning Cup so nearly 94 % chance of failure

Celtics are a favorite to win NBA title, Bruins could with a week left can still finish first overall - the Red Sox on a 10 game road trip have the lowest starters era in 20 years- the Pstriots resigned a significant player to their defense

And Marc Bertrand lands on the Trevor Story injury to discuss what a bad deal it is

Huh

I personally think Bertrand is as useless as tits on a bull but why can’t Boston have one show that’s not trolling or geared to Tom from Quincy and the other 14 people that call every day?

only Zo, Hardy and Rich Keefe aren’t trolls

I think if the Bruins beat the bolts, and avoid a major injury (pasta, charlie, etc), they'll be in the finals.

• Wow
Reactions: Gordoff and DKH

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad