Confirmed with Link: Tim Murray Leaving for Buffalo

• Thread starter TheOriginalSilf*
  • Start date

Slack

everything's fine?
Apr 27, 2012
Heads up

Bryan Murray's interview is getting replayed on the Team 1200 after the commercial break.

Slack

everything's fine?
Apr 27, 2012
B. Murray: "Randy Lee & Pierre Dorion are both very knowledgeable hockey guys, and are soon going to be a big part of what we do here in the future."

I had to type it from memory, but I believe it's very close to the original comment.

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012
I'm actually excited to see what T Murr will do in Buffalo, despite them being our rivals.

Have a sudden (mild) interest in their team now.

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012
Murray said on Sens TV that he doesn't really have a problem with T Murr leaving because he knows that his job can be well covered by the organization.

DJB

Jan 6, 2009
twitter.com

http://autopod.ca/chum/186/podcasts/

- Very happy for Tim. Melnyk was also happy. Would never stand in someones way to leave the organization to get a promotion. That includes Richardson who he was asked directly about.
- First time in 18 years he won't have Tim around.
- All came together last couple of days.
- No contract extension discussions have started with any soon to be UFA
- Ceci playing as well as he has, has eliminated the need to trade for a defenceman. Murray even said that he is playing better than any dman he could trade for right now.

There is more but that's a brief oversight from what I remember from this afternoon

Last edited:

Gothenburg 40*

Good luck Tim and thanks for making the Senators better!

Now, how about trading Ennis + for Spezza? Please?

Ohhh Franco

Jun 28, 2006
Our only upcoming UFA free agents are Michalek, Kassian, Phillips and Corvo. I wonder why that question was even asked.

Believe Mendes said next 18 months. Ryan, Spezza, Methot become UFAs in that time frame too.

Gothenburg 40*

You don't want Ennis

Oh yes I do. But if Ennis was with Ottawa that would make Condra or Pageau or Conacher redundant, as there would be too many small guys. Ennis, though, is a former first rounder, young, fast and has some offensive flair. I could see him playing with any of our Cs or Ws.

You watch, after about a year or so with TMurr - I say Ennis has a career year.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
If Dorion moves up, can we bring Anders Forsberg back in bigger role? Pretty please?

Also, as much as I am disappointed that Tim left, I really believe Dorion is better hockey mind, imo.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Dorion should be the new AGM & Lee will likely take over Dorion`s role as Head of Player Development. I wonder how long before BM & TM make a deal for one of Buffalo`s 1st rd pick as Garrioch mentioned. Ottawa has the prospects & Buffalo has the picks. I also wouldn`t be surprised if TM signs SDC, JOB & making a couple more of Ottawa`s UFAs to two way contracts.

KwanTuM

Aug 16, 2008
Birmingham, AL
Hmm.. how big of a role did Anders Forsberg play in our drafting...are these "his guys"?

Andre Petersson
Jakob Silfverberg
Erik Karlsson
Robin Lehner
Marcus Sorenson
Emil Sandin

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad