Recalled/Assigned: Tim Gettinger called Up

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
Pregame answered my post. First time since 12/5/84 with 4 skaters 20 or younger.

I remember the 1976 draft--the Rangers picked Don Murdoch in the first round...Dave Farrish in the the second round....Mike McEwen in the third round....all three of them made the 1976-77 team out of camp and all three contributed a lot to that team. Back then though the draft age was 20 and not 17/18.

Webster

Zucc's buddy
Sponsor
Nov 7, 2017
Zucc has been a waste of space skating in mud this season. Let him “rest” all he wants

I doubt Quinn would agree. He's eager to get him back in the lineup, but now Zucc basically makes that decision himself.

Btw...he actually had the best start of his career this season before the injury, with 10 points in 12 games.
I wouldn't call that a waste of space...

Reactions: egelband

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
I doubt Quinn would agree. He's eager to get him back in the lineup, but now Zucc basically makes that decision himself.

Btw...he actually had the best start of his career this season before the injury, with 10 points in 12 games.
I wouldn't call that a waste of space...
He has been terrible this year in every other facet of the game. He has been slow and lethargic. He has made asinine decisions with the puck with plain stupid turnovers. I could careless about his 10 points in 12 games during which time the team was losing and Hank was getting zero help. Quietest 10 points ive ever seen.

Webster

Zucc's buddy
Sponsor
Nov 7, 2017
He has been terrible this year in every other facet of the game. He has been slow and lethargic. He has made asinine decisions with the puck with plain stupid turnovers. I could careless about his 10 points in 12 games during which time the team was losing and Hank was getting zero help. Quietest 10 points ive ever seen.

Okay, then you better tell the coach because he's trying as hard as he can to put this wreck back in the lineup.

Captain Lindy

Formerly known as Kreider Beast
Apr 1, 2006
Virginia
tenor.gif
:laugh::laugh:

Reactions: RoarLionRoar

Webster

Zucc's buddy
Sponsor
Nov 7, 2017
Considering he is a potential trade asset, and the team isn't exactly dying for his quick return at the moment, I agree.

They only tried to insert him twice, with a bad result as the injury got worse.

So now he said: Leave me alone, see you in a couple of weeks.

Btw, let me know if you want my avatar back ;)

Reactions: Edge

NYRFAN218

King
May 2, 2007
New York, NY
lol whats the point of this?

Saving his daily cap hit to bank as much cap space for the deadline I'd presume. They can probably only get away with it on total off days which makes sense for this timeline as they didn't practice Sunday and today. They practice tomorrow before flying to Ottawa so he'd have to be back on the roster for practice.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
2018-11-27Tim Gettinger (LW)HartfordDELRecalled from loan by NY Rangers (NHL)
2018-11-26Tim Gettinger (LW)HartfordADDReturned on loan from NY Rangers
2018-11-25Tim Gettinger (LW)HartfordDELRecalled from loan by NY Rangers (NHL)
2018-11-24Tim Gettinger (LW)HartfordADDReturned on loan from NY Rangers (NHL)
2018-11-23Tim Gettinger (LW)HartfordDELRecalled from loan by NY Rangers (NHL)
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

LOL. I know it's all paper transactions for cap purposes and they're probably now bringing him back to practice and travel with the team, but damn. This is as big of a yo-yo as I recall.

Reactions: Rangers743

NYRFAN218

King
May 2, 2007
New York, NY
Really sucks for him though. He's losing somewhere around $3,500.00 a day when this happens which isn't exactly chump change for him considering his AHL salary is $65,000.00 and you never know if you're going to ever be back up here again down the line.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
Saving his daily cap hit to bank as much cap space for the deadline I'd presume. They can probably only get away with it on total off days which makes sense for this timeline as they didn't practice Sunday and today. They practice tomorrow before flying to Ottawa so he'd have to be back on the roster for practice.

It seems silly to me.

I can't imagine they save a ton by "sending" him down. We shouldn't really be worried about this shit anyway unless were planning on taking on a bad contract for the rest of the season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad