Tim Erixon

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Does this kid have a future with the Toronto Maple Leafs? Former first rounder, highly rated prospect who has bounced around and failed to stick in the NHL. He's a fairly skilled guy with ideal size and is exactly the type of reclamation project the Leafs should be taking on as they rebuild. Hopefully Babcock's influence can help him elevate his game the way a Tortorella turned Anton Stralman into an above average player. Who else fits this profile that we can acquire on the cheap? David Rundblad would be another interesting experiment.

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
Either yes or traded as an asset that brings us back an asset and negative value cap dump. I used him as the main piece in a fantasy Chris Kelly trade with Cameranesi. Netted us a 3rd in 2015... Which I think is pretty good considering Kelly could net us a good amount at the TDL even with his 3 mill cap hit.

showtime8

Jun 30, 2010
Toronto, ON
He'll be among the guys that make the team as a #7.

To be honest, I don't think he looked that bad at the end of the season. He wasn't good, but he wasn't bad. He was just out there filling a roster spot in the crap storm that was the 2014-15 Maple Leafs.

I think he's a stop gap to allow guys to develop with the Marlies if they don't think that Percy or Loov are ready to play in a full-time role.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Sometimes it takes a few years for defensemen to grow into the players they can be. A lot of times teams bail on defensemen too young and kick themselves later. Hopefully this is a guy who can take some steps forward in his career here. It's wide open...

SeaOfBlue

Aug 1, 2013
He'll be among the guys that make the team as a #7.

To be honest, I don't think he looked that bad at the end of the season. He wasn't good, but he wasn't bad. He was just out there filling a roster spot in the crap storm that was the 2014-15 Maple Leafs.

I think he's a stop gap to allow guys to develop with the Marlies if they don't think that Percy or Loov are ready to play in a full-time role.

Honestly it should be Brennan, Erixon and MacWilliam as a 5,6,7. And then you scratch the player that looks the worst. Then at the deadline, you can trade them all like you did with Holzer and bring up guys like Perc, Granberg, Knodel and Loov in their place.

That is if Erixon and MacWilliam are around by the start of the season. I doubt they are let go for free, but they could be traded.

sda

Feb 18, 2008
Honestly it should be Brennan, Erixon and MacWilliam as a 5,6,7. And then you scratch the player that looks the worst. Then at the deadline, you can trade them all like you did with Holzer and bring up guys like Perc, Granberg, Knodel and Loov in their place.

That is if Erixon and MacWilliam are around by the start of the season. I doubt they are let go for free, but they could be traded.
Please no. I know people want to tank but those 3 on d would be a disaster.

SeaOfBlue

Aug 1, 2013
Please no. I know people want to tank but those 3 on d would be a disaster.

Who cares? Besides, all three deserve an NHL shot. If they suck, then they suck. But it'll be a trial by committee type deal, so if one sucks, he won't be playing very often. If more than one sucks, then that's bad, but who cares. They won't be atrocious by any means; definitely not any worse than what we are accustomed to.

Ricky Bobby

Aug 31, 2008

Similar to my thinking as well.

Bring a bunch and hopefully 1 or 2 guys work out. If they don't well bring in some other guys to give a chance the following season. Then hopefully we eventually find a useful piece like we did with Mark Fraser in the past.

We are a bottom place team with weak D depth so whoever we send down to help the Marlies would very likely go unclaimed anyways just like Holzer and I believe MacWilliams last season.

If a youngster who doesn't need to go through waivers like Loov or Percy can't beat out career AHLER types then I don't see them as deserving of an NHL spot to start the season.

showtime8

Jun 30, 2010
Toronto, ON

At this point, only 1 of those players should be on the team next season with the Maple Leafs.

If you have:

Rielly - Phaneuf
Gardiner - Polak
xxxx - Robidas

Even if you get a return on Phaneuf, you're still going to have to bring in another defenceman because that defence is dreadful.

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
He's worth hiving another shot to, especially under Babcock..

The leafs have nothing To lose: he either develops into a useful player or helps the team get a better draft pick.

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
On this team everyone deserves a tryout and everyone should work for a job.
That being said, what happens with Phaneuf? Stay or go, play left side or right? If he stays.
With Phaneuf that leaves Gardiner/Rielly. Rielly has played the right side.
So that leaves Erixon,Percy,Loov fighting it out. I see Loov passing Erixon soon enough.

Sergei Berezin

You're Wrong
Jan 5, 2007
Ottawa, ON
I would definitely keep him.

He has smarts, and he has some really good skill.

I think he's the perfect player to keep around during a rebuild and hope he figures it out at some point.

His biggest issue is conditioning... If he comes into camp in shape and ready to work then I'd expect big strides for him.

LV*

Free my bro Leivo
Aug 26, 2012
Toronto
I'd keep him, we're a rebuilding team and should be finishing bottom 10.

Rielly - Gardiner
Erixon - Polak
Percy - Robidas

Super Mega

Jun 29, 2013
Why not keep him around? 24, former 1st rounder - who knows what he does with this organization

BigBlu

Oct 15, 2013
Erixon is worth keeping,,,,,

But Stralman was always gonna be great. Has nothing to do with Erixson and less to do with Torts. We Tuukka Rask'd him.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad