Tickets: Ticket Prices 2013-2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

GordonGecko

First Ping Pong Ball
Oct 28, 2010
New York City
Rangers have changed the interactive seating map a bit. Guess they felt people were shying away from the bridge seats at that price since people who may be unfamiliar with the Garden thought it was behind the 200's.

http://www.ticketmaster.com/new-yor...artistid=805991&majorcatid=10004&minorcatid=9

That right there tells you all you need to know about how overpriced the bridge seats are and that sales have been flat. A couple lines on a new map isn't going to change that

Nash Money

Sponsor
Jul 15, 2012
I find it annoying that we can't manage our accounts through a mobile app.

I think there's a "transfer tickets" option on the Rangers mobile app. Also cool that you don't have to worry about printing your tix beforehand and they can just scan your phone when using your season tix. When I'm meeting someone there (especially if it's last minute), I take a screenshot of the code on my phone, send it to my friend, and just meet him at the seats.

Dangleberry

Feb 21, 2012
Queens, NY
I think there's a "transfer tickets" option on the Rangers mobile app. Also cool that you don't have to worry about printing your tix beforehand and they can just scan your phone when using your season tix. When I'm meeting someone there (especially if it's last minute), I take a screenshot of the code on my phone, send it to my friend, and just meet him at the seats.

Cool, I'll look into that. I wish some of the other functions were available, like taking down a listing on the ticketexchange if my ticket sells on StubHub. I've had that situation where it sold on both sites and I had to eat $50 for StubHub to find a comparable ticket.

Rangers110

Apr 29, 2012

If you have an Iphone you access your tickets from the Rangers app and add the tickets to the "Passook" app. Once they're in the Passbook app you can have the tickets scanned at the gate. You can also text or email one or multiple tickets to a friend or anybody.

To add your tickets to Passbook app open the Rangers app on your phone.
Click transfer tickets.
Then log into your account.
Click the game you want to use tickets for.
Under the select an option area select view tickets.
Either select all or individually check the tickets you want to view.
Then click View your tickets.
Then your 1st ticket with the seat number will appear, click add to Passbook and wait for the page to load then click Add on the upper right of this screen.
After the 1st ticket loads, go to the bottom of the screen and click next. Repeat this for each ticket you want to load.

Once you do it a few times it will be easy. I never use my printed tickets anymore and I have texted tickets to other people and they then add the texted ticket to Passbook.

GordonGecko

First Ping Pong Ball
Oct 28, 2010
New York City
Does anyone here actually have back blues season tickets? They say they sell them but I've never met anyone who has season tickets in the back 2 rows of the 400s

CarlosDanger

Beast Mode
Aug 29, 2013
'Merica
I met a guy who has them in 415 i think? said he got them my mistake as they screwed up his original seats and had no where else to put him.

patnyrnyg

Sep 16, 2004
Been sending em early the past couple of seasons along with the invoices for next season at the beginning of March due to the renovations right?

Yes, they have sent them in early march. No idea if it was for the renovation. More likely that they now offer the 9 or 10-payment plan, which needs to start in March or April to have it done when they want.

broadwayblue

Mar 4, 2004
NYC
I know it's wishful thinking, but it sure would be nice to see no increase for 2014-2015. Just not sure the market can take much higher prices right now.

NYRFAN218

King
May 2, 2007
New York, NY
I know it's wishful thinking, but it sure would be nice to see no increase for 2014-2015. Just not sure the market can take much higher prices right now.

Well the preseason games are back so that's an increase in itself. Hopefully with that they won't increase any prices but I wouldn't put it past them.

Last edited:

GordonGecko

First Ping Pong Ball
Oct 28, 2010
New York City
Well the preseason games are back so that's an increase in itself. Hopefully with they won't increase any prices but I wouldn't put it last them.

Count on them always raising prices. This is my guess on before and after:

r2j3ix.jpg

GordonGecko

First Ping Pong Ball
Oct 28, 2010
New York City
Been sending em early the past couple of seasons along with the invoices for next season at the beginning of March due to the renovations right?

Looking back seems like early march is when playoff invoices should normally go out

2013: March 21 (lockout)
2012: March 6
2011: March 14
2010: March 4

broadwayblue

Mar 4, 2004
NYC
Count on them always raising prices. This is my guess on before and after:

r2j3ix.jpg

Mostly agree, but for the past 2 seasons the Gallery 2nd Row Goal and 200 Level Lower Center have been pegged to the same price points...so I expect that to continue. My guess is they both increase from $82 to $85.

I also believe the non-renewal rate for the 1st row gallery seats will be higher this year, even if they only increase by $5. $165 and $135 is simply too much for most non-corporate ticket holders...and most company accounts aren't looking for upper bowl seats.

broadwayblue

Mar 4, 2004
NYC
$8 increase for upper center 200's seems extremely steep even if there is a lot of value at the current price.

I could see $3 or $4 but $8 is kind of ridiculous in one season.

Yeah, 15% is a bit much...but I wouldn't put it past them. They know that they'll have little trouble finding new subscribers at that price point.

GordonGecko

First Ping Pong Ball
Oct 28, 2010
New York City
$8 increase for upper center 200's seems extremely steep even if there is a lot of value at the current price.

I could see $3 or $4 but $8 is kind of ridiculous in one season.

The thing is they have the pricing data and they know the upper 200 center seats are the most undervalued in the garden. They want to maintain cheap seats they can point to but that's what they have the blues for. I think this is where you'll see the largest increase but we'll see

patnyrnyg

Sep 16, 2004
The thing is they have the pricing data and they know the upper 200 center seats are the most undervalued in the garden. They want to maintain cheap seats they can point to but that's what they have the blues for. I think this is where you'll see the largest increase but we'll see

Understand what you are saying, but just because 500-1000 seats sell for a decent premium in those sections each night, it doesn't mean ALL of them will sell that well. I'm thinking those will be $60 and the $53's will be $55.

Nash Money

Sponsor
Jul 15, 2012
I haven't really followed ticket prices until last year. Is it sometimes the case that they will go out of their way to correct market inefficiencies (bump up the upper center 200s a bit and hold, or dare I say lower, first row galleries), or is it generally just a small bump across the board?

Giacomin

Apr 29, 2007
I haven't really followed ticket prices until last year. Is it sometimes the case that they will go out of their way to correct market inefficiencies (bump up the upper center 200s a bit and hold, or dare I say lower, first row galleries), or is it generally just a small bump across the board?

Small bump across the board. There is a decent enough waitlist and if the Rangers go on a roll in the playoffs as they are capable of the demand will just rise. The lower bowl is horrible if you plan on reselling a lot of games but the upper bowl still sells decently. The Rangers are a good exciting team!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad