Ticket Pool Question

Nationals28

Sep 21, 2011
I am in a ticket pool with 4 friends. The first year we just randomly picked names out of a hat for who picked first, second, etc. This year i think we should do it the same way but another guy thinks that the person who got first last year should be last pick this year and so on. What do you think? How are you doing it in your pools?

bodybreak

Whiteshell Wild
Jul 11, 2006
Complete random draw throughout, since not everyone has the same # of games. We will rotate first pick though.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
I am in a ticket pool with 4 friends. The first year we just randomly picked names out of a hat for who picked first, second, etc. This year i think we should do it the same way but another guy thinks that the person who got first last year should be last pick this year and so on. What do you think? How are you doing it in your pools?

We have 4 guys. The first year we randomly selected what order to pick. We agreed that we would rotate every year. 1st would then pick 4th, 2nd would move up to 1st, 3rd move up to 2nd and 4th move up to 3rd. We also have an agreed amount # of games where you pick a single ticket and go with another member of the group, and a certain # of games where you get both tickets to take your wife/kid/other buddy.

buggs

screenshot
Sponsor
Jun 25, 2012
somewhere flat
We re-draw the order each year. It's a bit of a dog's breakfast for us because we have 7 guys, but 9 shares (share = 5 games so 9x5 = 45 home games) because two of us have ten games to go to.

We discussed it at the start and decided on a draw each year. So far it's worked out two years in a row where the two guys with two picks per round have had a pick each at the front of the round (near, not first pick) and then picks at the back end. When that luck of the draw ends and we get someone going 1-2 or 8-9 someone will be sour, but we decided so that's the way it is.

We actually have a contract for our group with all of this stuff written up. We have clauses that pertain to pre-season games and a Habs clause because there are so many Montreal fans in the group. Only time you can opt out of the group is when our contract is up for renewal. Lots of stuff but necessary with such a diverse and large group.

mondo3

Jun 4, 2011
Anaheim
We have 4 guys. The first year we randomly selected what order to pick. We agreed that we would rotate every year. 1st would then pick 4th, 2nd would move up to 1st, 3rd move up to 2nd and 4th move up to 3rd.

that's what we do.

No Name Poster

Maurice Navidad
Oct 29, 2011
The Peg
I'm a gambler so I agreed to a re draw each year. So far I've been fourth pick out of four both years :/
Thankfully I've lucked into tickets to the home opener both years though

blues10

Dec 10, 2010
Canada

That is how we are doing it. We simple move up one spot each year and 1st goes last. The bonus in our draft of being last pick is you get 1st pick for the playoffs.

drumzan

#NHLJets
Jul 9, 2011
That is how we are doing it. We simple move up one spot each year and 1st goes last. The bonus in our draft of being last pick is you get 1st pick for the playoffs.

We have 8 people and do a snake draft with random draw each year. Person who gets first pick previous year can't get first pick two years in a row. Since it's always an odd number of rounds, for the last round we do 8-1 instead of 1-8 so the people with picks 5-8 don't get the complete shaft.

MrGrinch

Jul 27, 2011
We are like kingbogo. We have 4 equal groups and do the snake draft as well 1,2,3,4,4,3,2,1. We agreed that we would rotate who picks first based on the random draw from last year. The question that will likely come up is who picks first this year -- will it be the guy who chose #2 last year or the guy who chose #4 (ie - does 2 shift to 1 or does 4 shift to 1). We didn't go that far to clarify. Would expect that the guy who picked #2 picks first in year #2.

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011
We have a group of 4 and we just did a random draw again, snake draft. I think for our group we just want to make sure our games are spread out rather than specific opponents, so changing the order each year isn't necessary.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad