Ticket/Attendance Discussion: The Sequel

Buffdog

Feb 13, 2019
Think harder
The only other option for starting on a Friday is 8 days after the season ends which ain't happening either. Considering that the league is starting in TO this Saturday, the chances of them waiting a week to start our series is even lower than starting it tomorrow - which is why I assumed you meant this weekend

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011
The only other option for starting on a Friday is 8 days after the season ends which ain't happening either. Considering that the league is starting in TO this Saturday, the chances of them waiting a week to start our series is even lower than starting it tomorrow - which is why I assumed you meant this weekend

I think he means the NHL starting the playoffs on a Friday instead of Saturday, and not the Jets themselves.

Reactions: SLAYER

Buffdog

Feb 13, 2019
I think he means the NHL starting the playoffs on a Friday instead of Saturday, and not the Jets themselves.
But what does that change? We finish Thurs day, so we're not playing Friday or Saturday (that night is reserved for the Leafs) so we're back to talking about Sunday or Monday anyway

The league always gives a couple of days from rhe end of the season to the forst playoff games. There's no way they could start this Friday unless they change when rhe season ends to earlier in the week, which means starting the season earlier

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Are the playoff tickets even transferable yet? I haven't checked my own account.

Edit: apparently they are! When you say they sent you a link, do you mean it was a ticket transfer request that you had to accept? They should be in your account now and give you an option to save them to your Apple wallet if you login from your phone. Unless that option isn't available until the date is locked down?

It was odd I didn’t “accept” them I just clicked on the link and the tickets populated with bar code. I can also transfer them if I want but I never hit accept.

I also received two separate links within about 2 minutes. I got one from [email protected] and the next email from Go Tickets. They both give me access to the tickets

blues10

Dec 10, 2010
Canada
Have the scalping laws quietly gone away in Manitoba?
I just checked ticketmaster and seats in my section are being sold on ticketmaster as a verified resale for $850 + $155.33 in fees for a total of $1005.13 for a single ticket.
Jets were selling these for $368 + $22 for $390
Season ticket holders paid $189

Didn’t know that you could resell at such a mark up on ticketmaster .Previously ticketmaster was locked at a set max price .

Jets4Life

Dec 25, 2003
Westward Ho, Alberta
But what does that change? We finish Thurs day, so we're not playing Friday or Saturday (that night is reserved for the Leafs) so we're back to talking about Sunday or Monday anyway

The league always gives a couple of days from rhe end of the season to the forst playoff games. There's no way they could start this Friday unless they change when rhe season ends to earlier in the week, which means starting the season earlier
Well Colorado, Winnipeg, Edmonton, Vancouver, LA, and Vegas all played Thursday, and I suspect the NHL will want to start at least one western series on Saturday. I could be wrong though.

Upperdeckjet

Dec 14, 2011
I just checked ticketmaster and seats in my section are being sold on ticketmaster as a verified resale for $850 + $155.33 in fees for a total of $1005.13 for a single ticket.

Didn’t know that you could resell at such a mark up on ticketmaster .Previously ticketmaster was locked at a set max price .
I think the scalping law was rescinded around March of last year.

We were the only province in the country with a scalping law and ticket exchanges simply took place outside the province as a work around. Manitoba was losing revenue and handicapping its residents, hence the change.

jetsfan15

Jul 17, 2016
NHL takes 70% is what I was told. I figured the gate was around $3.5 million and we kept one million-ish.

Wow! Really? The team only keeps 35% of playoff gate revenue? That is wild. I wonder why some markets inflate the playoff ticket pricing by so much then, I guess because they still keep *some* of it? So really a playoff run by the Jets isn’t really all that economically positive, certainly doesn’t make up for regular season attendance issues then! although I suppose they get all the concession revenue for themselves, but the gate is lower than a regular season game if they only keep 35%. I guess we can’t complain about Toronto anymore because they have to share 65% of their playoff gate with the rest of the league?!

Reactions: Upperdeckjet

cheswick

Non-registered User
Mar 17, 2010
South Kildonan

Reactions: wraithsonwings

Tom ServoMST3K

In search of a Steinbach Hero
Nov 2, 2010
What's your excuse?
Secondary market for the final game of the year was insane - not 2011 levels, obviously, but back to I'd say like 2015ish levels.

I figured there'd be deals to be had, but there was nothing even at face value on the market.

That's a great sign.

Edit - I really want to derail the thread with scalping talk, but I should really save that for another time.

blues10

Dec 10, 2010
Canada
Secondary market for the final game of the year was insane - not 2011 levels, obviously, but back to I'd say like 2015ish levels.

I figured there'd be deals to be had, but there was nothing even at face value on the market.

That's a great sign.

Edit - I really want to derail the thread with scalping talk, but I should really save that for another time.
Another benefit of being a season ticket holder. We can always buy tickets in any section to any game for whatever the season ticket holder cost is in that section and avoid ticketmaster fees to boot. There are usually a pair or singles somewhere in the building.

blues10

Dec 10, 2010
Canada
Reactions: pegcity

flyingkiwi

Oct 28, 2014
France
I let curiosity get the better of me and just found out I could book a round-trip ticket to Winnipeg next week for only 1k euro, which is cheaper than I expected. I'm not gonna do it, but if it's looking like we'll be in the same position next year I might totally come over for some spring break Whiteout action.

Y'all already know all I need is 7-Eleven and perogies so if any of you STH would be willing to help me get not horrifically priced tickets, I'm there. :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad