Three Assyrians currently signed to the UFC

MR50goalscorer

† Assyrian MMA †
Jan 26, 2008
Canada
Assyrians are small minority of christians which reside in Iraq and Syria and Iran. Most Assyrians lived in villages and have escaped the middle east due to fear of persecution.

Currently three Assyrians are signed to the UFC

Beneil Dariush who is ranked 10th in the UFC Lightweight division
470298466-beneil-dariush-of-iran-poses-for-a-portrait-gettyimages.jpg

Randa Markos

And newly signed Jarjis Danho signed to the UFC's Heavyweight division

Jarjis.png

We come a long way. Hope to see an Assyrian UFC champ some day. Thank God for Canada, USA and European countries for democracy and freedom to become what you want to be
8737931-375x413-1439133130_zpskidunapr.jpg

Untitled_zpse9ny29mb.png

Last edited:
Reactions: End of Line

MR50goalscorer

† Assyrian MMA †
Jan 26, 2008
Canada
As an Assyrian I'm very proud of these athletes :)

Randa Markos fights on Dec 19 against Karolina Kowalkiewicz

Beneil Dariush injured for Jan 17th fight, will sit out.

Jarjis Danho makes his UFC DEBUT fighting on Feb 27th vs. Omielanczuk

Cant wait to watch Ronda Markos fight on the 19th of this month !

Last edited:

Birko19

Aug 13, 2002
Hamilton, Ont
Visit site
Assyrian/Sumerian people aren't all christians are they? Not that I mind.

For most of the past 2000 years the Assyrian people have been traditionally a Christian people, they and the Armenians were the first to accept Christianity. There may be Assyrian non-Christians out there but it's very rare as Christianity is pretty much part of the Assyrian culture, even Assyrian atheists are somewhat cultural Christians (Celebrate Christian holidays, get married in church, baptize their children, etc).

By the way, we don't call ourselves Sumerians, only Assyrian.

MR50goalscorer

† Assyrian MMA †
Jan 26, 2008
Canada
She bear hugged for 2 minutes in rd 1 and did nothing. The other 3 mins she ate some good punches. Markos definitely won round 2.

Im kinda bummed about the outcome, i recognize she needs some more work. She trains with Firas Zahabi so i have confidence she will bounce back stronger

Birko19

Aug 13, 2002
Hamilton, Ont
Visit site
Looks like Markos is really declining, I think her move to TriStar was a bad one. Not sure if she's still with those guys or not but if she is, it's time to move on.

MD thaivuN

Anime Music Hipster
Aug 2, 2012
Montreal
www.youtube.com
Looks like Markos is really declining, I think her move to TriStar was a bad one. Not sure if she's still with those guys or not but if she is, it's time to move on.

actually, she left right after the Karolina loss (which is like the only fight she trained with TriStar) and went back to Michigan Top Team. Markos seems to have a problem finding the right team for her.

Birko19

Aug 13, 2002
Hamilton, Ont
Visit site
actually, she left right after the Karolina loss (which is like the only fight she trained with TriStar) and went back to Michigan Top Team. Markos seems to have a problem finding the right team for her.

Or maybe she's just not that good to begin with and the only reason why she had some hype behind her was due to the story on TUF and possibly being part of a new division. Now that her weight class is a little more established and more fighters are coming in, it's becoming clear that Randa is just not as good as advertised.

I hope I'm wrong and she turns it around because as a fella Assyrian, I would support her no matter what, but at the same time I need to be honest too.

johnnyhockeysr

May 11, 2021
Those of you who are Assyrian, do you play hockey ? If so, where ? And who do you play for ? Where are you from ?

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $25.00