OT: Thread About Nothing (TaN #...lost count)

njdevils1982

Hell Toupée!!!
Sep 8, 2006
North of Toronto
this popped up and i posted it earlier in another thread but f*** that. it deserves to be here.

this is sofa king good. double guitars, multiple vocals.. what a riff... lesser known but man, killer song

Last edited:
Reactions: My3Sons

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
this popped up and i posted it earlier in another thread but f*** that. it deserves to be here.

this is sofa king good. double guitars, multiple vocals.. what a riff... lesser known but man, killer song

A segment of the rock audience always has and always will make fun of them but they never had any problems developing solid and catchy tunes for that era. Their Unplugged album was quite good and mediocre rock songs don’t hold up well to that treatment.

Reactions: njdevils1982

My3Sons

Sponsor
a great 40 minute session live on the great KCRW out of LA

last track takes me back to some vintage joe jackson.... f*** yes

He was great back in the day. Saw him on the Big World Tour at Radio City Music Hall in great seats. His finale if memory serves was I’m The Man which went on much longer than the studio cut and was just fantastic. Really enjoyed that show.

Reactions: njdevils1982

njdevils1982

Hell Toupée!!!
Sep 8, 2006
North of Toronto
not the best of all time but fitting for the song if you listen to the whole track with all the instruments and vocals.

perfect.

isolated bass:

full band;

....bonus fun fact..... song was written as a sort of response to the captain and tenille's love will keep us together

also, my old band used to play joy division's warsaw for sound checks ...but after we did the theme form the kids in the hall (no vocals! :laugh: )

sound guys were dumbfounded im sure

Last edited:

njdevils1982

Hell Toupée!!!
Sep 8, 2006
North of Toronto
classic dylan track .... and of course, the band..... but what in the f*** then is the version he played live a couple of months ago. way to f*** up a good song.

sometimes different should be left alone

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Scrolling reddit and someone posed the question - what's the greatest baseline ever?

Loaded question but I gotta think it's either Billie Jean or Another One Bites the Dust
I’d probably go with Money but there are so many great choices
I know a couple of bass players and my one friend will start playing his own material, then go right into green eyed lady and keep playing the main part over and over.

And he progressively gets faster and faster. He calls it banging or doing the green eyed lady.

Or sometimes the expletive when just among friends.

He does like Roger Waters, so he’ll do Money and other Pink Floyd stuff. He’s also an Entwistle fan and will do some Who.

He also does the devil went down to Georgia, despite Charlie Daniels being a worthless scumbag.

It is a cool bassline though. The Nuge has some cool ones too despite also being a raging piece of shit.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Another funny thing about those basslines.

It’s kind of funny and also a bit sad that when it comes to songs like Billy Jean, Devil went down to Georgia or Ted Nugent stuff, the bassist is almost uncredited. Like who the hell played bass for Michael Jackson anyway? I’d bet it was a different person on each record, if not multiple different people on each record.

Charlie Daniels and Ted Nugent named their bands after themselves, so their players get little recognition. I do think Nugent played bass on some of his songs on the albums though.

But the irony with Ted Nugent is that he wasn’t even the lead singer of his own band for most of its tenure.

Which makes me wonder how he got his band mates go along with naming the band after him, that he wasn’t even the frontman for. I have no knowledge of how he started his band, but I wouldn’t be shocked if he’s just a massive egomaniac. The guy is a complete toxic waste dump of a human.

My3Sons

Sponsor
classic dylan track .... and of course, the band..... but what in the f*** then is the version he played live a couple of months ago. way to f*** up a good song.

sometimes different should be left alone

Dylan live is a catch as catch can experience. Sometimes he does what you’d expect other times it’s barely anything you’d expect. The remnants of the Band did When I Paint My Masterpiece at the Dylan tribute at MSG in the 1990s. I think they were all there except Robertson who the rest were against after the breakup.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad