Thrashers fans heading to Winnipeg

islescoop

Jul 24, 2011
I hope this isn't breaking any board rules. My best friend was a long time thrashers season ticket holder. I am an isles fan but also a big NHL fan. We live in Atlanta but have together been to 25 NHL arenas. We are finally planning a long overdue pilgrimage to winnepeg to see our former team in action (and I can scout who we want to get in return for a Hamonic trade).

We are coming to winnepeg on March 18th for the game against the Hawks. Any suggestions on how to get reasonably priced tickets? Anyone willing to help out some Atlanta fans since you stole our team (kidding)..

Thanks

SensibleGuy

Nov 26, 2011
Winnipeg. Have fun! Bring warm clothing. Mid March shouldn't be too bad but it can still be pretty cool...

irunthepeg

Board man gets paid
May 20, 2010
The Peg, Canada
I hope this isn't breaking any board rules. My best friend was a long time thrashers season ticket holder. I am an isles fan but also a big NHL fan. We live in Atlanta but have together been to 25 NHL arenas. We are finally planning a long overdue pilgrimage to winnepeg to see our former team in action (and I can scout who we want to get in return for a Hamonic trade).

We are coming to winnepeg on March 18th for the game against the Hawks. Any suggestions on how to get reasonably priced tickets? Anyone willing to help out some Atlanta fans since you stole our team (kidding)..

Thanks

March will likely still be chilly (at least from where you're heading from) so dress warm. I would say Stubhub or Ticketmaster maybe? I'm not as well versed in buying tickets though.

Enjoy your stay.

islescoop

Jul 24, 2011
Cheapest online tickets are $230. Is that normal?? Never seen regular season prices that high.. Would love to purchase two from someone and then buy them beers all night and chat about our teams.

[mod]

Last edited by a moderator:

irunthepeg

Board man gets paid
May 20, 2010
The Peg, Canada
Cheapest online tickets are $230. Is that normal?? Never seen regular season prices that high.. Would love to purchase two from someone and then buy them beers all night and chat about our teams.

[mod]

Seems way too high, I've had tickets around $80 Canadian, seems like you should be able to get them even cheaper with the exchange.

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
Single seats are sold on TM at a discount, if you don't need to sit together.

cheswick

Non-registered User
Mar 17, 2010
South Kildonan

[mod]

Chicago is always a more sought after game so you may have trouble finding tickets on the cheap but there are cheaper tickets that that. If you look on the Jets seat exchange site there are tickets in the cheap seats for about $90CDN after fees. Which is what, $5USD? :laugh:

Howard Chuck

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2012
Winnipeg

[mod]

LOL, do you know what a beer goes for at the MTS Centre???? :amazed:

You might be better off paying big bucks for tickets :sarcasm:

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010

Thanks

Sent you a PM

ellismate

Jun 9, 2015
SK

[mod]
You probably got linked to a scalping site.

Evil Little

Jan 22, 2014
Looks like our trusty PS is on the case, but if that falls through Kijiji is just fine.

When buying pairs, pay for one, have them transfer the seats to your Jets Account, pay for the second. Easy-peasy, and a small risk of theft.

JC Numminen

#goldrush
Feb 13, 2013
Westman
Chicago games are usually tougher to get your hands on.

I'd say watch the seat exchange on the Jets website, as well as the Jets ticketmaster. Our ticket exchange thread here will likely have something pop up eventually as well.

Duke749

Savannah Ghost Pirates
Apr 6, 2010
Canton, Georgia
I'd love to know how this goes as I'm in the Atlanta area and would love nothing more then to make a trip up there in the coming seasons. Just have to get my financials in order and then start planning. :nod:

roccerfeller

jets bromantic
Sep 27, 2009
British Columbia
I'd love to know how this goes as I'm in the Atlanta area and would love nothing more then to make a trip up there in the coming seasons. Just have to get my financials in order and then start planning. :nod:

That would be awesome!

Winnipeggers will treat you like family....you're a jets bro after all ;)

SoupaTroupa

WHY NOT US?
Jan 8, 2015
Winnipeg, MB

If the Canadian Dollar stays as terrible as it is now, that will help you out tremendously financially.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad