"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
The last 3 years for Mr Yakupov

63 GP with 11 goals + 13 assists for 24 pts and a -33
81 GP with 14 goals + 19 assists for 33 pts and a -35
60 GP with 8 goals + 15 assists for 23 pts and a -16

He is not worth Shaw or Pokka or a 2nd

He was playing with the worst team in the NHL.

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
Edmonton completely derailed his development. He's not a 20-30 point talent. He's a 40+ point talent.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
He has proven to be problem for multiple coaches , Demanded to be traded and has proven to be pretty worthless in almost every situation

Oilers other "Offensive" prospects have not been derailed by organization's woes ,, Its not an excuse for Mr Yakupov

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
EDM has been a sewer almost every year he's been in the league. I'm not ready to write him off because he got off to a bad start for that organization. That one in particular.

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
Did he "demand" or did he ask for a trade? I know, narratives and all that.

The guy has a wicked shot. Wicked. If he came really cheap I'd be fine with taking the chance on him but that's about it.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
He has proven to be problem for multiple coaches , Demanded to be traded and has proven to be pretty worthless in almost every situation

Oilers other "Offensive" prospects have not been derailed by organization's woes ,, Its not an excuse for Mr Yakupov

Again you failed to do some research. Yak's production was improving when he was playing with McDavid then McDavid got hurt. He then played with Mark Letestu and we say a drop off. He is not going to carry a team and needs to play with a center that can produce.

EDM has been a terrible organization since before he got there and they don't have the needed leadership in the room. TM is the first coach they have had that is good and we saw an improvement this year.

As for the "trade demand", I recall him asking for one if it worked for the team. I can't completely blame him considering he was being used in a role that he does not have the skill set to do well and he wanted a fresh start.

Pepe Silvia

Jan 2, 2012
Chicago
Even with Edmonton being the **** show that it is, Yak has been pretty disappointing. That said, I'd be fine with the Hawks going after him if he didn't cost much. The talent is obviously there.

I'd rather see the Hawks keep Pokka though.

bwana63

carter blanche
Jul 11, 2014
Chi western burbs
Am not necessarily against it, depends on the cost. Yakupov is a one year deal. Pokka is way too much. Edmonton retains 50% + ? for Shaw. Maybe that'll work. No way they'd make that trade for Svedberg, right?

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
Shaw + McNeill for Yak and the 32nd? I'd like to get that pick but I think Yak could thrive here and it's worth getting the deal done versus arguing over the 32nd versus the 61st.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Shaw is worth more then Yakupov at this point ,, If Shaw goes in trade then the Oilers need to take that sack of #### Rundblad and his 100k in dead cap space after being waived off Hawks hands as part of deal

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
Shaw is worth more then Yakupov ,, If Shaw goes in trade then the Oilers need to take that sack of #### Rundblad and his 100k in dead cap space after being waived off Hawks hands as part of deal

You are officially David Rundblad's crazy ex.

Shaw is worth more than Yak right now.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Yes Shaw is worth more then Yak right now and more valuable as a player at this point

If Hawks are giving Shaw up in a Yak deal the only way it even slightly evens out is for Stanley to be able to dump Rundblad's final year on Oilers

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
Yes Shaw is worth more then Yak right now and more valuable as a player at this point

If Hawks are giving Shaw up in a Yak deal the only way it even slightly evens out is for Stanley to be able to dump Rundblad's final year on Oilers

Shaw, McNeil (I would not give up on him yet), Rundblad, and a 4th for Yak (1/2 retained) and a 2nd?

giza

Jul 19, 2011
Yak

Interesting player. I agree that he currently isn't a Q player. I also see some O potential. I wonder if playing with a couple of defensively responsible vet's like Toews and Hoss could polish his game. Not sure I would forsake Shaw for him though. Shaw provides a specific and rare skill set on the Hawks.

HawkeyFanatic

Dec 15, 2007
N/A
The more I think about this, I think it could be a home run trade for the Hawks.

I would rather trade Kruger and do somethign like...

Kruger, McNeil, 3rd for Yakupov @50%, Lander

Then you would have

Panik-Toews-Yakupov
Panarin-Anisimov-Kane
Shaw - Shmaltz - Hossa
Motte - Lander - Hinostroza
Rasmussen

And leave you enough cash to sign Campbell...

rick hawk

Apr 9, 2004
The more I think about this, I think it could be a home run trade for the Hawks.

I would rather trade Kruger and do somethign like...

Kruger, McNeil, 3rd for Yakupov @50%, Lander

Then you would have

Panik-Toews-Yakupov
Panarin-Anisimov-Kane
Shaw - Shmaltz - Hossa
Motte - Lander - Hinostroza
Rasmussen

And leave you enough cash to sign Campbell...

I agree that it could be a home run trade. Unfortunately home run swingers also strike out a lot.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad