Thornton wants to Stay in San Jose

5H4RK5

May 3, 2007
I want to here it with a bit of confidence and drive to the net so a rebound can be scooped up by our forwards and or defense. :D

matt trick

Jun 12, 2007
I'd love to see him say, "this is a team that can win the stanley cup in the next three years. If Doug is so intent on re-building a team, maybe he should find somewhere else to go. I've spoken to Patty, and we aren't going anywhere. We fully intend to bring a cup to San Jose now. Whether Doug wants to focus on today or tomorrow, that is the goal for me, and I am going to give my very best to win it. It will be much easier if Doug, or any other GM, tries to align with that goal, instead of working against it."

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
If you can't get he or Daddy Patty to waive then you need to ****in try and contend for the next 3 years...

Hertl-Thornton-X
Marleau-Couture-Nieto
Sheppard-Pavelski-Wingels
Torres-Desjardins-Brown

Vlasic-Burns
X-Braun
Irwin-Demers

Stalock
Niemi

You have a lot of cap space, it's not a terrible idea to try and contend with this, but trying to re-build and hand over the reigns to players like Pavelski and Couture is just asking to lose. That's dumb.

This re-build is going to go horribly. I can guarantee you guys that we aren't going to have a chance at the cup in 5 years. We're going to be the next Calgary Flames. You can guarantee it.

Led Zappa

Tomorrow Today
Jan 8, 2007
Silicon Valley
I'd love to see him say, "this is a team that can win the stanley cup in the next three years. If Doug is so intent on re-building a team, maybe he should find somewhere else to go. I've spoken to Patty, and we aren't going anywhere. We fully intend to bring a cup to San Jose now. Whether Doug wants to focus on today or tomorrow, that is the goal for me, and I am going to give my very best to win it. It will be much easier if Doug, or any other GM, tries to align with that goal, instead of working against it."

cat-high-five.gif

Celebrini

Nov 15, 2010
So we get the cup right?

Of course his brother will say that. He's just repeating himself.

Last edited:

sixgunsdad

May 6, 2007
Get ready for 3 more years of the same results if Joe won't wave. Great regular seasons, early exits in the playoffs. Be careful what you wish for.

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
There never needed to be one. Our overdramatic gm is too busy running his mouth and spray tanning and not addressing glaring needs that can put this team over the top.

ryan-callahan-hockey-headshot-photo.jpg

"I like our team. I just feel like we need a little more leadership. We're going to try and contend next year."

Nah, seriously though, this doesn't change a thing. DW already stated we won't be going for the cup next year. Do you think he will backtrack and try to contend? Doubtful.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad