Injury Report: Thorburn on IR, Cormier recalled

peg

Jul 8, 2010
Cormier, 4 games played, 0 goals, 1 assist, -1

O'Dell, 4 games played, 4 goals, 0 assists, +1

Who makes these decisions? Are there waiver implications if you call someone up to replace someone who is on IR?

McDrailers

Apr 13, 2013
Newfoundland
Ah ****, my nephew is travelling across the province to watch the icecaps and Cormier is his favorite player on the squad. This should be a fun temper problem:laugh:. Hopefully he sticks, wont be able to throw the hits he throws down here or hell get his block knocked, but I really hope he can find a permanent spot.

Grind

Stomacheache AllStar
Jan 25, 2012
Manitoba

Who makes these decisions? Are there waiver implications if you call someone up to replace someone who is on IR?

from my understanding there are no longer any "call UP" waiver implications, and if he's up for a limited time i believe he can be sent back down without going on waivers again, though i may have just made that up in my head.

Tdoe42

Jun 7, 2011
Winnipeg, MB

TN has stated many times that they ask the coaching staff in St. John's who is playing the best and reward that player with a callup

McDrailers

Apr 13, 2013
Newfoundland

Well, it depends on the jets needs doesn't it? If you guys need someone to step in for thorburn and be that energy guy, Cormier is the guy for that. O'dell is a scorer not a guy that's gonna go out hit everything in sight and fight when needed.

Also if Cormier isn't going to be played. Why take away time O'dell needs to fine tune his game? Wouldn't it be more benefical for the Jets to let O'dell see as many games as possible

DEANYOUNGBLOOD17

May 10, 2011

I thought he were going to keep Cormier instead of Thorburn at training Camp....... In NHL tryouts a tie or slight overtime win goes in the favour of the Veteran. Thorburn also had some contract positives over Cormier (2 way contract) and Thorburn is well respected in the dressing room.

I hope if Cormier gets into any games that Noel plays him more than the 2 min that he playrd him some games.

also ..... he might be able to help our dredfull face off %........... last year if I remember corectly...... his first game up he was either 8 / 9 or 7 /9 on the face off-dot

peg

Jul 8, 2010
Well, it depends on the jets needs doesn't it? If you guys need someone to step in for thorburn and be that energy guy, Cormier is the guy for that. O'dell is a scorer not a guy that's gonna go out hit everything in sight and fight when needed.

Also if Cormier isn't going to be played. Why take away time O'dell needs to fine tune his game? Wouldn't it be more benefical for the Jets to let O'dell see as many games as possible

In my opinion, we already have the guy to step in for Thorburn, if that is what the coaching staff is looking for. His name is Anthony Peluso.

Over the past two years O'Dell has 33 goals, 26 assists, and is a +10. Cormier has 7 goals, 5 assists, and is a -7. At a goal a game pace it seems that O'Dell's game is already pretty well tuned. I personally would have moved him up and given him the chance to play with the Jets, taking out one of the replaceable guys on our fourth line to give him the opportunity. Put him on the wing.

O'Dell Slater Haleschuk/Wright/Peluso

McDrailers

Apr 13, 2013
Newfoundland
That stat is kinda misleading though. O'dell has some top notch AHL line mates in Jaffray/Moulerait/Samson/Gordan. While Cormier is normally playing with the rookies.

Cormier is the guy that's dependable on the PK. Last year he was playing most of the year injured on the 3rd/4th line with absolute goons. He was really the only guy on the line that was offensively gifted. Cormier's last full season he tucked away 18 goals, give him a few more games and Lowry to really get going and youll see a big increase in his game IMO. If not this year, his NHL dreams are pretty much boned

peg

Jul 8, 2010
I don't expect Noel would put Cormier on the PK. He is having a hard time working Frolik in.

Positive

Enjoy your flight
May 4, 2007
Osborne Village in the 'Peg
TN has stated many times that they ask the coaching staff in St. John's who is playing the best and reward that player with a callup

Pretty much. Do people think Noel spends his time watching tape of the AHL games and flies out to St. John's to watch practices or something? They ask the St.John's staff. The Jets side of this organization has enough to worry about with the local team.

peg

Jul 8, 2010
Pretty much. Do people think Noel spends his time watching tape of the AHL games and flies out to St. John's to watch practices or something? They ask the St.John's staff. The Jets side of this organization has enough to worry about with the local team.

Huh? At the very least I would believe that Zinger has his fingerprints all over the decision.

What do you think is a more realistic comment from Noel:

"Thorburn is out, call St. John and get me Cormier"

or

"Thorburn is out, call St. John and get me who you think is playing well and deserves an opportunity to play in Winnipeg"?

Positive

Enjoy your flight
May 4, 2007
Huh? At the very least I would believe that Zinger has his fingerprints all over the decision.

What do you think is a more realistic comment from Noel:

"Thorburn is out, call St. John and get me Cormier"

or

"Thorburn is out, call St. John and get me who you think is playing well and deserves an opportunity to play in Winnipeg"?

Fine, you are 100% correct. TN is obviously lying to us. This organization is a joke through and through.

BigZ65

Feb 2, 2010
Winnipeg
You'd think having an AHL team in Winnipeg for so long would give people a clue. The best scoring forwards the Moose had, Krog, Jaffray, Reid, Goren, Sarno...all these guys turned into solid NHL regulars, right?

People are going to be severely disappointed if they expect O'Dell to be an offensive contributor based on what we saw this pre-season. Why don't we call-up Jerome Samson, he's on pace for 90 AHL points!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Positive

Enjoy your flight
May 4, 2007
You'd think having an AHL team in Winnipeg for so long would give people a clue. The best scoring forwards the Moose had, Krog, Jaffray, Reid, Goren, Sarno...all these guys turned into solid NHL regulars, right?

People are going to be severely disappointed if they expect O'Dell to be an offensive contributor based on what we saw this pre-season. Why don't we call-up Jerome Samson, he's on pace for 90 AHL points!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nah BigZ. This organization is an incompetent joke, and Cormier instead of O'Dell is further evidence.

BTW, fire Noel!!!

(this is where the conversation was sort of heading, so might as just well concede the argument and give the peeps what they want and be done with it. Next topic please)

StronGeer

Jan 25, 2013
Down by the bay
Nah BigZ. This organization is an incompetent joke, and Cormier instead of O'Dell is further evidence.

BTW, fire Noel!!!

(this is where the conversation was sort of heading, so might as just well concede the argument and give the peeps what they want and be done with it. Next topic please)
Saved us some pages, thanks man

Ad

Upcoming events

• Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $246.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Wagers: 4