Thomas voted to ASG!

CoMoBlues

Aug 16, 2010
Columbus, OH
I'm surprised no one's posted this yet. Congrats RT, absolutely deserved!

Discuss.
Thomas is very deserving of this all star nod. IMO he’s had a breakout season this year, and has been playing consistently well. I do think that hiring Adam Oates as a consultant this past offseason was a wise move, and his goal scoring total reflects this. Still an awesome passer too, so here’s to hoping for more of the same from him down the stretch!

Brian39

Apr 24, 2014
Thomas is very deserving of this all star nod. IMO he’s had a breakout season this year, and has been playing consistently well. I do think that hiring Adam Oates as a consultant this past offseason was a wise move, and his goal scoring total reflects this. Still an awesome passer too, so here’s to hoping for more of the same from him down the stretch!
What we've seen out of Thomas this year is exactly what he said he wanted to accomplish by working with Oates.

He hasn't dramatically changed his style to become a shoot-first guy and he isn't just taking shots for the sake of taking shots. He truly has limited the increase in shots to situations where he has a genuinely good scoring chance or when the passing option is extremely low-percentage. That was always the goal, but I expected it to take a full season before the adjustment looked 'natural.' He has looked comfortable with it all year and has been rewarded.

He was the extremely obvious choose to go to the ASG this year. He's from Ontario, he's clearly our franchise player at the moment, and he has been far and away the best player on the team on ice this season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad