Rumor: Thomas Drance of the Athletic- Kadri to Isles is done deal, Isles just trying to move cap

UrbanImpact

Apr 12, 2021
Thomas Drance on the Athletic is saying that the Kadri to the Isles is "in the drawer" meaning everything is signed and ready waiting in the drawer, but the Isles havent filed or announced it yet so they dont lose leverage with other trades they need to make in order to fit Kadri under the cap.

If true, Lou isnt going to like that this leaked from Drance.

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
So I am guessing they are trying to convince Palmieri to waive and go to a team like Anaheim, and if that fails, they trade Bailey or Beauvillier?

I imagine that was what Lou planned on doing anyways if he was going to sign Gaudreau.

Reactions: uncleben

AHLdepth

Feb 17, 2020
He's about 25% right about Canucks stuff, and the only other team I could buy he has a shred of Intel is FLA so take this one with a grain of salt

cc

Feb 28, 2002
I'd be shocked if drance had any insider knowledge on this

duxfan1101

Sep 20, 2014
California
Drance is a regular on Filipovic's podcast and he always makes jokes that Lou has signed everyone and is just trying to hide it as long as possible (quite literally he did it just this past weekend on their podcast about the Tkachuk deal). I’m sure this is more of the same. I don't see why Drance would have information on this signing when nobody else does.

At the very least, I would need to see what kind of context he said this in rather than clipping some random quote.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad