Player Discussion Thomas Chabot (D) Part 2

Wondercarrot

By The Power of Canadian Tire Centre
Jul 2, 2002
50 points per 82 games gets you 25-30th in the league not top 20 constantly

It quite literally puts him in the top 20 every single season he’s been in the league with the exception of his rookie year.(where he had 25pts in 63 games. )

Feel free to have a look for yourself.
He was 10th one year then 17,18,19, 20 every other year. I may be wrong but pretty sure he never finished lower than 20.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
It quite literally puts him in the top 20 every single season he’s been in the league with the exception of his rookie year.(where he had 25pts in 63 games. )

He was 10th one year then 17,18,19, 20 every other year. I may be wrong but pretty sure he never finished lower than 20.

You'd need to use ppg for every other D in that case

Alex1234

Oct 14, 2014

Nahhh
See post #500

You cannot take Chabot production per 82 games and not take into account the production of the other defencemen of the league per 82 games
Do the math correctly you will see it quite literally puts him in the 25-30 range
Not top 20 every single season as posted earlier

Last edited:

redbrick98

Jun 6, 2023

It doesn't matter what his PPG is if he's always injured

When you need him, Chabots in the press box , not on the ice

Reactions: bert

Wondercarrot

By The Power of Canadian Tire Centre
Jul 2, 2002
Nahhh
See post #500

You cannot take Chabot production per 82 games and not take into account the production of the other defencemen of the league per 82 games
Do the match correctly you will see it quite literally puts him in the 25-30 range
Not top 20 every single season as posted earlier

Ah, of course. Sorry gents!

Reactions: JD1 and bert

Alex1234

Oct 14, 2014
For another few weeks

Hanfin, Seider, Hronek, Bouchard, Dobson, Theodore, Chychrun, L. Hughes, Faber , + few others

He's likely in the ~27-30 range in a years time, not that it makes any difference
Until some retirement like EK,Doughty,Burns, Pietrangelo
Projected 14th in salary (not cap) next year so far
Not that it makes any difference yeah
Anyway, hope for him he gets healthier next couple of seasons

Last edited:
Reactions: bert and DrEasy

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
I guess Chabot is back

2024-04-05Tyler Kleven
Tyler Kleven (D)

Belleville
ADDReturned on loan from Ottawa (NHL)
Send down the teams best d man from last game haha. Fan Appreciation. Awesome.... I'm going tonight this sucks. One of the only reasons I was interested in watching the game. Crookshank hurt too, just no hope. Get to watch the most overpaid cap team go through the motions. Lead by its most overpaid player back in the lineup.

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
For another few weeks

Hanfin, Seider, Hronek, Bouchard, Dobson, Theodore, Chychrun, L. Hughes, Faber , + few others

He's likely in the ~27-30 range in a years time, not that it makes any difference
It might make it a lot easier to move the contract. Currently his contract is T14 and imo he's not close to that. But two years of heavy cap increases and his play doesn't get worse and you're talking in the 30s somewhere and that's far more palatable

Adrianopolous

Oct 5, 2017
Delray Beach, Florida

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
oof lol

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
JM speaking truth about Chabot and frankly it's refreshing to hear. It's obvious he hasn't been working in the offseason. That's why he's always hurt and his compete level isn't NHL night in night out.

'Needs to have a big summer. Needs to improve his strength. Has to improve defenisvely.'

Atleast we are finally hearing someone state the obvious. This to me means he maybe salvageable. If he was just soft like Chychrun it would be worse. If he starts to take his career seriously he can probably still be a positive contributer.

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
JM speaking truth about Chabot and frankly it's refreshing to hear. It's obvious he hasn't been working in the offseason. That's why he's always hurt and his compete level isn't NHL night in night out.

'Needs to have a big summer. Needs to improve his strength. Has to improve defenisvely.'

Atleast we are finally hearing someone state the obvious. This to me means he maybe salvageable. If he was just soft like Chychrun it would be worse. If he starts to take his career seriously he can probably still be a positive contributer.
I'm not surprised that's the case but I am surprised he said it.

Imo JM talking about a lack of compete on multiple occasions was a reference to Chabot. I'm more than ready to move on but JM saying that publicly doesn't help the return

Didn't Chabot say something in the past week about guys having to look at their summer training differently?

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
I'm not surprised that's the case but I am surprised he said it.

Imo JM talking about a lack of compete on multiple occasions was a reference to Chabot. I'm more than ready to move on but JM saying that publicly doesn't help the return

Didn't Chabot say something in the past week about guys having to look at their summer training differently?
I think it helps in every way possible. I don't think anyone used to say anything to him. Big wake up call. We all know he has the talent. That's why you don't move on from players too early. Especially when you're a bad team. Ottawa has to start managing it's assets better. This is when a strong organization shows it. Emotional reactionary decisions with no plan like Dorion used to make are not the way to build a winner as we have seen.

Look at Batherson he's playing the best hockey of his career. Patience and development. This thought process that players peak at 24 or whatever is laughable.

Reactions: Relapsing

Alf Silfversson

Jun 8, 2011

Agreed. He was allowed carte blanche out there for too long. Early in his career (rookie year mostly) he was a competitor. That was allowed to leak out of his game under DJ's country club atmosphere but it's probably still in there somewhere.

Chabot is the guy to keep over Chych.

R2010

May 23, 2011
Agreed. He was allowed carte blanche out there for too long. Early in his career (rookie year mostly) he was a competitor. That was allowed to leak out of his game under DJ's country club atmosphere but it's probably still in there somewhere.

Chabot is the guy to keep over Chych.

I mean isn't the lesson here that if you're a bad team maybe you shouldn't run your young #1 d-man into the ground instead of developing him properly.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad