Speculation: This is Our Year

scumpup

Nov 29, 2021
This is probably the worst team the metro has ever regurgitated into the Stanley Cup Playoffs... Ever. This is our year.

Canes will lose to a WC team, Rangers gonna fall to 2 seed and play us and flame out somehow in a gruesome 6 games series.

Kolosov will make his NHL debut in the playoffs, and put up historical numbers.

We will beat the wild card team in nail-biting 7 games.

The Maple Leafs will defeat the Panthers only to collapse to a fluke Flyers combination of outstanding goaltending and fluke goals.

The Stanley Cup will go down in history as the worst 6 games ever played as the Philadelphia Flyers win their 3rd cup ever and build a statue of John Tortorella outside the Wells Fargo Center.

We will then trade Frost for a 3rd rd pick.

So it is written. So it shall be.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
tenor.gif

Rich Nixon

No Prior Knowledge of "Flyers"
Jul 11, 2006
Key Biscayne
walking down a sidewalk in Pittsburgh in late March of 2010, I had a thought. the Flyers were straddling the edge of the playoff picture and looked likely to fall out. their goaltending tandem was Boucher/Leighton. but the team...Pronger, Timonen, Richards, Carter, Briere, Gagne, that kid Giroux...the team was so good. all this time they've come up short and blamed goaltending. this time, they'll do it with the worst goalie duo imaginable. because why not? I was 2 wins away from being right.

throwing a football with @nacc BLOCC in a Philadelphia park in fall of 2017, we were riffing on a scenario we'd joked about for years. we set it up that Wentz would struggle out of the gate or get hurt and recently-returned backup Nick Foles would lead the Eagles to their first Super Bowl. we got the timeline wrong (I think we'd settled on a replacement in week 8 at 3-4) but the end result right.

I say this because, in the past, I have had two very good Philadelphia sports premonitions that either came true or very nearly did. I have no such feeling this time around, but I'd be perfectly thrilled if yours was true.

CanadianFlyer88

Knublin' PPs
Feb 12, 2004
Van City
This is probably the worst team the metro has ever regurgitated into the Stanley Cup Playoffs... Ever. This is our year.

Canes will lose to a WC team, Rangers gonna fall to 2 seed and play us and flame out somehow in a gruesome 6 games series.

Kolosov will make his NHL debut in the playoffs, and put up historical numbers.

We will beat the wild card team in nail-biting 7 games.

The Maple Leafs will defeat the Panthers only to collapse to a fluke Flyers combination of outstanding goaltending and fluke goals.

The Stanley Cup will go down in history as the worst 6 games ever played as the Philadelphia Flyers win their 3rd cup ever and build a statue of John Tortorella outside the Wells Fargo Center.

We will then trade Frost for a 3rd rd pick.

So it is written. So it shall be.
danny-de-vito-no.gif

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
Honestly this would be the most Philly thing ever. A team and organization we all hate and think will be swept in round one wins the Cup unexpectedly. If we're ever actually going to win another Cup, this is the way it will go down.

scumpup

Nov 29, 2021
walking down a sidewalk in Pittsburgh in late March of 2010, I had a thought. the Flyers were straddling the edge of the playoff picture and looked likely to fall out. their goaltending tandem was Boucher/Leighton. but the team...Pronger, Timonen, Richards, Carter, Briere, Gagne, that kid Giroux...the team was so good. all this time they've come up short and blamed goaltending. this time, they'll do it with the worst goalie duo imaginable. because why not? I was 2 wins away from being right.

throwing a football with @nacc BLOCC in a Philadelphia park in fall of 2017, we were riffing on a scenario we'd joked about for years. we set it up that Wentz would struggle out of the gate or get hurt and recently-returned backup Nick Foles would lead the Eagles to their first Super Bowl. we got the timeline wrong (I think we'd settled on a replacement in week 8 at 3-4) but the end result right.

I say this because, in the past, I have had two very good Philadelphia sports premonitions that either came true or very nearly did. I have no such feeling this time around, but I'd be perfectly thrilled if yours was true.
My first fantasy was us losing the Eastern Conference Finals but I thought that post wouldn't be as good.

Reactions: Rich Nixon

mja

Everything was beautiful, and nothing hurt
Jan 7, 2005
Lucy the Elephant's Belly
Playoff Risto wins the Smythe after a total of 8 Goals are scored by both teams in the 6 Finals games. I see the vision.

I assume this also includes Seeler blocking a Shot and breaking a bone we all have to Google, but playing through it.

Nope, it's not going down like that. Game 7 finals, the Flyers have lost 3 straight, Risto finally gets his first playoff game after recovering from the Flyers crack medical & training staffs' botching of his rehab, which not only necessitated a kidney transplant and a trip to a sanitarium on a mountainside in Switzerland, but also visits to a romani psychic and a creole witch doctor. It's tied 0-0 late in the 3rd with incredible single digit shot totals for both teams when Risto lands a monster hit along the walls at center ice, catching a high stick from his prey in the process. A delayed penalty is called and Kolosov is pulled for the extra man, when a dazed Risto picks up the puck at his feet, dangles his way through the entire defense and rips a shot into the empty net. His teammates in tears of exasperation, a still unaware Risto breaks out the loneliest celly in history while John Tortorella suddenly dies of an aneurysm on the bench.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad