GDT: "This Is Our Stanley Cup" | NHL 2019 Entry Draft | June 21 | 6:00 PM

Status
Not open for further replies.

PuckNut

Oct 31, 2005
Edmonton
No opinion on the pick, but people complaining we didn't throw our plans out the window should think back to when Pulju fell into our lap.

Well, I would hope he had a list based on who he would pick no matter what could transpire in the first seven picks before. MPS was one that fell to us by surprise to. I only hope Holland had previously decided Broberg was the better pick, because if not then it would mean he’s inflexible and not adaptable.

Beerfish

Apr 14, 2007
The draft is always a crap shoot. No one really knows how these kids will pan out. People saying this pick is horrible have no clue. It won't be known for years.
Well duh. The thing is the oilers have to make this judgment now so its okay for us as fans to make thus judgment now.

Nothing wrong with making a judgment now as long as you are accountable for it later on.

Smartguy

May 3, 2010
Edmonton
Zegras is gonna DESTROY us.

Holland throw out the ****ing scouts.

Also, I wanna see where Broberg was on other teams' lists.

I would think Holland would have been following Det list, which was obviously defense heavy with them taking Seider.

Unfortunately he forgot he joined a new team with a different depth chart

Reactions: Rufus Aslegard

alphahelix

Feb 15, 2007
Weird comparison because Broberg has miles more offensive potential than Nurse ever had. To be fair, we need a guy who can carry the puck from the back end. I see him as more of a poor-man's Klingberg

Why? Because he scored like 9 points in his entire career in Sweden? I love Swedish guys because some of them score like 1 point per year and the draft analysts are always talking about how terrific they are at offence. Broberg is wait-and-see in my books. Hope for the best, if he can translate some offence.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Weird comparison because Broberg has miles more offensive potential than Nurse ever had. To be fair, we need a guy who can carry the puck from the back end. I see him as more of a poor-man's Klingberg

No, we need a player that can make outlet passes from the back end and show smart decision making in the offensive zone, two areas Broberg struggles.

Reactions: McOvechking

Pointteen

Jun 9, 2008
New Brunswick
I would think Holland would have been following Det list, which was obviously defense heavy with them taking Seider.

Unfortunately he forgot he joined a new team with a different depth chart

Good point. Broberg is NOT a bad pick. Just not a good pick for us. In my incredibly amateur opinion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad